Retaking Silvermoon!

Story Forum
Prev 1 6 7 8 17 Next
08/05/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Veloran
The Alliance actually should take Silvermoon, and in so doing use the Void Elves to corrupt and destroy the Sunwell.

That kind of thing would solve a lot of issues in the story and open up a lot of possibilities for the future. Even better if the Lightforged or Night Elves are heavily involved in the invasion and it's followed up by something like taking Azuremyst or Hyjal. It'd create conflict between longtime allies the Blood Elves and Draenei, give the Alliance a very controversial act, and create some internal Alliance conflict through two of their most extreme races.

I love this idea, but I doubt it'll happen. Nothing would satisfy me more to have the belves' peace shattered and force them to become how they were back in BC before the SWP raid.

However, they just gave the elves the option to have golden eyes... so wouldn't destroying the Sunwell now make that impossible to do?

I also highly doubt they'd position the Alliance in a place to do that sort of thing. Because this is Blizzard we're talking about after all.
08/04/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Xidane
Not your call, so don't pretend it is. Transmogrification was my idea

I'm just surprised anyone bothered posting after OP said this lmao

08/05/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Ivalesse
I love this idea, but I doubt it'll happen. Nothing would satisfy me more to have the belves' peace shattered and force them to become how they were back in BC before the SWP raid.

The problem with this is that the way the Blood Elves were before was a problem that required a solution. It wasn't a state that they could keep up indefinitely. Instead of looking towards past story threads that have already been resolved over 10 years ago, the Blood Elves would benefit story-wise much better from actually having their current Arcane/Light mix stuff developed further in terms with the changes to their society they made between WC3 and TBC
08/05/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Alurna
08/05/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Dawnsong
Alliance didn't clear Sunwell and fought Kil'jaeden for the sake of Blood Elves.

Proof? We don't exactly have in-game Alliance forces on Quel'Danas saying this isn't for the Blood Elves or anything. I mean, sure that's logical, but no matter how you put it, the Alliance helped the Blood Elves reclaim their font of power, and then rekindled it, purified it, and augmented it all in one go.

You're welcome, ungrateful traitor elf.

Say what void elf?
08/05/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Alurna
You're welcome, ungrateful traitor elf.

Says the actual traitor elf.

Ironic.
Remember guys, since the Blood Elves didn't bend themselves over a barrel for the Alliance after they sent Night Elf saboteurs and a Dwarven spy to disrupt the Blood Elves during their greatest moment of need, Blood Elves are the worst traitors in the history of ever despite pretty much only questioning their loyalties to the Horde in the same xpac where everyone in the Horde was questioning their loyalties to the Horde.
08/05/2018 08:09 AMPosted by Cailias
The problem with this is that the way the Blood Elves were before was a problem that required a solution. It wasn't a state that they could keep up indefinitely. Instead of looking towards past story threads that have already been resolved over 10 years ago, the Blood Elves would benefit story-wise much better from actually having their current Arcane/Light mix stuff developed further in terms with the changes to their society they made between WC3 and TBC

I think the devs face a larger problem now in that they are creatively bankrupt when it comes to the blood elves. Barring MoP, which was great for them, they really haven't gotten much love from the devs and their current story feels stagnant.

We need them to be independent and wily again.
08/05/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Ivalesse
I think the devs face a larger problem now in that they are creatively bankrupt when it comes to the blood elves. Barring MoP, which was great for them, they really haven't gotten much love from the devs and their current story feels stagnant.

We need them to be independent and wily again.

I think they can still be that without having them lose everything again. I'm very much not a fan of retreading old ground in stories (if my dissatisfaction with BfA so far is any indication) and there's still plenty of room for it to happen even with the Sunwell intact.

So far, they have been acting pretty independently anyways imo. I certainly didn't see them taking orders from Orcs when it came to freeing Suramar, that seemd to be a purely Blood Elf campaign when it came to what the Horde sent. The entire reason for the Nightborne joining the Horde is the Blood Elves making use of opportunistic diplomacy when they had an opening with Tyrande being a scornful idiot.

What we really need them to be is a more practical Light-using race, that actually does mix it with the Arcane. We've seen this to some degree but not enough, considering that a lot of the time the focus just shifts to them being Rangers anyways. We already have a bunch of "devout" races that use the Light in a reverent way like the Humans and Draenei, but the Blood Elves could really benefit from breaking away from that sort of mold and going back to using the Light similarly to how they use and view the Arcane. With the Sunwell infused with Light now, I'd say it's quite possible. You'll obviously still have elves who worship it like Liadrin, but there isn't really anything inherently wrong with that imo.
08/05/2018 12:27 AMPosted by Hackbrew
The Purge was bad and you should feel bad.

The only thing bad about the Purge is that there wasn't a little minigame where I got to help feed Blood Elves to the shark.
Seriously though if we're trading elf territory I don't mind.
The history of the Ren'dorei is the history of the blood elves and high elves. Sure, or...little change is a new development, but we did not simply pop out of nowhere.

Also, we have more of a future than the high elves do now. When the void becomes a central focus to the story, you can bet the Void Elves were be there front and center.

High elves are...redundant. Unnecessary.

And as for 'retaking' Silvermoon, you mean conquering Silvermoon.
I think Ren'dorei would've worked better from a lore standpoint, and possibly even been better received if they were High Elves that have been lost in the Twisting Nether after Draenor was ripped to pieces.
I love this idea, and we have already seen nature magic mixing with arcane in Suramar. I don't get these idiots that don't like this idea
08/05/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Kelrexia
The only thing bad about the Purge is that there wasn't a little minigame where I got to help feed Blood Elves to the shark.

As a fan of Blood Elves... I would not hate this.
08/05/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Faelael

You literally just described almost every Allied Race...

People don't want to play High Elves because of some future narrative. They want to play High Elves because High Elves have been a part of the Alliance narrative since WoW began.
08/05/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Alurna
08/05/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Faelael

You literally just described almost every Allied Race...

People don't want to play High Elves because of some future narrative. They want to play High Elves because High Elves have been a part of the Alliance narrative since WoW began.

B-but high elves a-are just blood elves with a different eye color, hair colors, skin tones and philosophy! Also, please conveniently ignore the fact that Highmountain tauren are literally just regular tauren with antlers.