Darkmoon Faire Quests Not Awarding +5 Skill

Bug Report
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Can we get confirmation that breaking profession advancement is INTENDED or a BUG that will be fixed? Making it virtually impossible to max some Legion profs, without warning, is very inconsiderate.
DMF is a waste of time. No need to even have this Faire if no one can do the quest for the rewards promised.
When EVERYTHING done in-game becomes a tedious grind, the game become stressful and boring, so why bother paying to play? We are CUSTOMERS, and I am starting to think that Blizzard has forgotten that. When you start punishing players for playing your game, you're starting down a self-destructive path. I'm starting to feel like Blizzard developers consider players adversaries, and I'm starting to ask why I'm doing this. Personally, I'm waiting to check out the classic server, and if and when fun game play stops, so do I. Thanks, y'all, for letting me vent.
Are we ever going to get a Blue confirmation on whether this is the new norm or a bug? Please let us know either way. Don't let your customers just hang here wondering what the heck is going on. It's not right. We've got 1 week until BfA starts and less than a week before DMF ends. This is probably the last chance for a LOT of max level characters to get those last 5 points before the expansion starts and the Legion stuff goes on the dustpile. I've held off taking any more of my toons to do the DMF crafting quests until you let us know either way.
If the only way to level up professions is to run dungeons and raids for level 3 recipes, it means I'm going to be doing that on a bunch of alts I don't know how to play very well. I realize that impacts the gaming experience for other people in a negative way.

Leveling professions should be entirely a solo activity.
I am assuming this is an oversight with the profession split into expansion segments... but I too noticed there is no +5 reward.

My first reaction is that maybe it only applies to the first segment but then I went on a lower level toon that has not yet maxed out the first part of the professions and it still did not award the +5.

Its obviously a bug... I hope when they finally figure it out that it awards +5 to all the segments although I'm betting that isn't likely. Too bad too... I always look forward to the Faire just to help level alt professions.
I wish it was a bug, but it's not. Many of us have put in tickets and gotten similar responses. Here's the GM's response to me:
So, I understand you didn't get and skill points from the Mining quest at the Faire. That definitely sounds disconcerting, and I'm glad you got in touch with us so I could check it out for you!

This actually threw me for a loop as well when I ran into it, but it's a result of the way professions were changed with patch 8.0. Each profession is split up by expansion, and the Darkmoon quests count for classic, so to get them you need at least one rank in the classic profession, and the benefit from the quest stops at 300/300. When a character has maxed out the classic profession, the Darkmoon Faire quest won't add any additional points :(

I hope this information helps. Have a fantastic day, my friend, and please let us know if there's ever anything else we can help with!

Seems even the GM's are surprised at this change.
How about a Blue Post response on this PLZ.
They are too busy fixing trillions of bugs that they released with pre-patch and anyway do not care much about customer and customer service.
Need some kind of post telling us what's going on in this regard. If it's working as intended why aren't the quests clearly notated as such? They are not. The reward listed as +5 to a profession should award +5 to the profession, wherever it can 'fit'.
I've never really felt that Blizzards customer service has failed me, but I now stand corrected.

Not a big deal, nor the end of the world, but a lack of respect is felt since they cannot simply say yeah that's the way we planned it or no that's not the way we planned it.

Hopefully this isn't the start of downward spiral for this game, been a great ride so far.
Adding my voice to the "this is a problem" chorus. Profession quests are pretty much why I go to DMF. _Not_ going to be happy if Blizzard makes it useless for anyone done with classic professions.
It seems every change they make lately is to restrict what players can do or how they can do it. A change like this should have been announced. I'm glad I only took 2 characters to the Faire b4 I realized it wasn't giving me anything. One less thing to do unless I decide to work on achievements there since professions are the only reason I go.
I am surprised and annoyed at this change as the DMF quests have been giving us +5s across several expansions.

What I'm most unhappy about is watching my wife get angry next to me after she got screwed by the change to the professions system and is at 95 on mining which only goes up if you mine the world quest monster. Everything else is gray.

Unhappy wife = unhappy life.
08/06/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Xakopane
I am surprised and annoyed at this change as the DMF quests have been giving us +5s across several expansions.

What I'm most unhappy about is watching my wife get angry next to me after she got screwed by the change to the professions system and is at 95 on mining which only goes up if you mine the world quest monster. Everything else is gray.

Unhappy wife = unhappy life.

What I've found is that you don't get the profession increase from the world quests or from the dailies in the capital cities. They are all broken, not just DMF.

which then makes me the unhappy wife! :)
I tweeted out warcraftdev earlier today and did not get a reply. I wish we could get answer from someone :(
Found this on google. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

Seems it's intentional. Not happy about that.
08/07/2018 04:52 AMPosted by Macgroover
Found this on google. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

Seems it's intentional. Not happy about that.

That's a really poor choice on their part. I get that it might be a little difficult to decide where to put those +5 points with the new profession splits, but removing it entirely from everything but classic? Foolish. The profession quests were a big draw of the Faire.
I use the Darkmoon faire to level my professions, to get Mounts, to get pets and to get heirlooms and upgrades.
Since i have the pets, the heirlooms, mounts and i can not upgrade my profs., why should i go to darkmoon faire?
The answer is: i have no reason.
This is certainly a radical change from how the quests were working where it gave you the +5 skill boost to your highest profession category (post 8.0). Why not continue it providing a boost to the highest (newest) skill category? Why not allow the player to choose?
Anyone aware of this being in the patch notes anywhere? A major change not communicated well to the players. A major change which reduces the attraction of DMF (content). A major change around which the professions (particularly gathering) seem to require - those last 5 points are stupidly hard to obtain.