Darkmoon Faire Quests Not Awarding +5 Skill

Bug Report
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
08/07/2018 04:52 AMPosted by Macgroover
Found this on google. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

Seems it's intentional. Not happy about that.

Wow it's only on the EU side too

US: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

08/07/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Xakopane
Anyone aware of this being in the patch notes anywhere?

No it was not on any patch notes.
alot of things going on in game, that need addressed

- went DMF, as soon as i saw no +5 points to my cooking....i hearthed out.

- my paladin is not getting any shield rewards from darkshore WQ

- PVP balancing is abhorrent especially in larger 40 man BGs, 3-4 classes doing beyond obscene damage compared to other classes.

todays hotfixes i see the reduced the effects of resilience on lower level players

not a LOL moment, but other....that would get one actioned on
There are a few problems with how things are going down of late.

1. Loads of unadvertised changes. Makes it feel hidden. Makes me as a player feel cheated.

If last month, before the DMF, it was advertised that there was going to be a professions change, and that the upcoming month was the last chance you had to get +5, then that would be a good way to implement change. Players then have a chance to get to 795/800 before that DMF and get to 800/800 with that DMF. People might hate the change, but at least people know that a change that has been that way since inception was coming.

2. Changes are made to Fishing, but how Fishing works and what you can catch wasn't updated.

People were really struggling with the DMF fish, but will also continue to struggle with any other achievements that relate to 'need this skill' to do. This highlights that the professions change was not tested enough, which in part is due to the fact that the changes were not communicated ahead of time to enable players that do WoW testing to actually test what is coming and provide feedback so that bugs do not occur or the impact is minimised.

3. The Patch Notes do not reflect the patches and changes that occured.

I don't mind that exploits or bugs are not in the notes, this helps minimise bad things that bad people will try. But I do mind that changes like the Professions skillups quests are not transparent enough. Rather than waste everyone's time, players and support agents alike, if changes are made put them in the Patch Notes!
Why was this not communicated beforehand? I specifically waited for this DMF to finish two of my professions. Thanks a lot.
I am guessing it was too much coding to make the +5 work in the new profession layout and so they dropped it and will continue to ignore it until the players stop complaining about it. Figuring they'll just hunker down and play ostrich and it will go away. This whole 'its only intended for classic' deal doesn't even make sense since DMF was introduced with cataclysm and is not a classic concept. And if DMF is to be only valid for classic then they need to drop the fishing skill level at darkmoon island down to 1-300 instead of keeping it at cataclysm fishing skill level and forcing characters with max fishing to struggle with never being able to fish up daggermaws in a reasonable amount of time. This whole patch seems to be just a way to slow down the game and make people do more mindless tasks to keep them occupied longer. Everything has been made more tedious and the whole point of the expansion being pvp is focused exactly in that direction. If you can focus players on killing each other its less real content you need to provide them. Its sad really, so many games are going that way. You'd think someone would want to provide more than that as you have plenty of options to do the same thing over and over again elsewhere. It really just comes down to which games have the flashy graphics that make you happy as you're slaughtering pixel pvp opponents. Professions just got pretty much useless as most everyone will get it to a 'good enough' level and move on anymore because its not worth spending several hundred hours farming tedious materials to get those last few points. Most of the time by the time I get a cool item from a profession I don't need it anymore because the content has given me better. So its really just about mounts and pets and toys you can make. Gear is trivialized very fast. At the start of an xpac you can't make the stuff and by the time you can its worthless.

In short its poor and lazy balance and implementation that I would think they'd have improved after 14 years.
08/05/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Vani
Ran an alt through: engineering, fishing, cooking, mining - none gave me +5 in any level.

I've seen some discussion that maybe it's only for "classic" skillups (said character is maxed on all 4 for the classic portion). If that's the case, it really should be noted as such. :\

you got mining? the quest giver doesn't even show the mining quest to me
It may be that they intend to discontinue DMF, and by removing the player's reasons/need to go, they force players out. Later, they can claim that nobody uses it, (just like they did with bandages, which I often use, for the record) and eliminate it. It would not surprise me to see them cancel it in that case.
08/08/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Brandoran
It may be that they intend to discontinue DMF, and by removing the player's reasons/need to go, they force players out. Later, they can claim that nobody uses it, (just like they did with bandages, which I often use, for the record) and eliminate it. It would not surprise me to see them cancel it in that case.

Meh, don't get me started on the First Aid changes. "Nobody uses it!" Well, yes, up until 7.2.5, it was a bit difficult to stay in solo content where you needed them. Now, though, with everything scaling with us?

At least take an expansion to look at usage trends after you make that kind of sweeping change.
08/05/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Kadirra
The quests still say you get +5 to your skill, but it doesn't give you the points. You get the gold, but it doesn't increase your skill. This is bugged.

This is confirmed on cooking and blacksmithing so far. I've stopped now to see if this gets a fix. If it isn't supposed to give skillups anymore, they need to remove the reward text from the quest.

Same here. I posted a Tweet on Sunday and got no response. I tried Blacksmithing, mining and cooking. Of course, First Aid is gone altogether. I have a double bug for fishing. Those fish don't seem to be dropping AND it has me stuck on Draenor fishing and wont grant any skill ups
08/08/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Jazvar

Meh, don't get me started on the First Aid changes. "Nobody uses it!" Well, yes, up until 7.2.5, it was a bit difficult to stay in solo content where you needed them. Now, though, with everything scaling with us?

At least take an expansion to look at usage trends after you make that kind of sweeping change.

Indeed. I clearly don't need bandages on self-healing toons, but I don't know how my squishier toons will survive without it, except for my one Tailor. I no longer have the luxury of only questing in green zones for ease and added survival because of the scaling. Some characters steamroll the mobs while my poor mage is spending so much time at the graveyard, they will likely start collecting rent.
Half the week gone (and half the Faire left) and still no official response from Blizz on this? Someone in authority please just give us a darn "Yea" or "Nay" on whether this was an intentional change or not. And if it IS a bug, not only let us know but at least tell us you are working on the issue. Something!! A few random whispers from GMs who don't even have the full facts at their behest is not enough. This is seriously a very important issue that needs some addressing. Where are you, Blizzard??
08/08/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Tareithis
Where are you, Blizzard??

^^
08/08/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Brandoran
It may be that they intend to discontinue DMF, and by removing the player's reasons/need to go, they force players out.

While I doubt this is the case as they just added the Death Knight area/drops/Achievements, it WILL be the end result if this isn't changed.
Blizzard really needs to learn that what the community needs is better communication in-game.

When major professions changes like this are made, they need to communicate this with me when I log on. They need to remove the +1/+2/+5 rewards from the quests that it doesn't apply to. If they cannot do this, then do not do the changes! Furthermore, removing things that many people do will lead to people not doing those things (like the Darkmoon Faire) which sets those people up to unsubscribe. If all the things people find fun are removed and only the grind remains, then people will disappear and do something else instead.

When major changes are made to the game, they need to communicate what they will be in-game, and make it clear about what is coming and what is going in-game.

I shouldn't be sent to Wowhead for guides, there should be something in-game for that. I shouldn't have to raise a ticket or a bug about professions changes that were intended all along - it just wastes everyone's time, especially Blizzard support staff. I shouldn't need to go to the Warcraft website to read the Short Stories or buy a book to work out stuff happening in game that everyone else appears to know about except me.

It feels broken and it needs to be fixed.
So sad, 95 mining and was hopping to finish it off with the DMF. Now BFA is going to launch and my ocd is going to be so triggered on my warrior. You need to mine seams for weeks just for those 5 levels if it wasn't for the brimstone.
Posted by Macgroover
Found this on google. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

With things like this "
DARKMOON FAIRE PROFESSION QUESTS DO NOT INCREASE SKILL

Not a bug: With the changes to professions in 8.0, Darkmoon Faire skill quests count only towards classic profession levels.
"
You expect us to continue to sub/pay for laziness? Undocumented changes, and wide sweeping changes, that have changed everything from baseline to survive-ability. As stated earlier DMF came along well after the classic version was implemented. You should of applied these to the tiers constructed in the professions rather than abandon them. LAZY
I was hoping it was just a fix that wasn't high on their priority list. Seeing that message on the EU site is discouraging.

Seems to me they just don't like to address the fact that WoW has now been stuck in Cataclysm (2010-2018) two years longer than it was in Vanilla (2004-2010). I believe the Darkmoon Island and the profession dailies came with Cataclysm. They'd prefer to just leave them stuck there than face the issue.

It would be better if they just made the quests give skill points to your lowest profession, whether it's "Vanilla" fishing or Legion fishing, as an example. Once the lowest one is maxed out then it would move on to the next lowest.

I shouldn't be sent to Wowhead for guides,.

Exactly THIS. Some of the most important things we need to know cannot be found out about IN GAME. So we are told to check with the community. Sometimes we get help from the community, other times you get insulted and ridiculed or told to go Google it. Wowhead, Icy Veins, Noxxic, Reddit and the forums are so often contradictory to each other. And Wowhead is FILLED with Malware. Random videos start playing, my intrusion software lights up like a Christmas Tree, and yet Blizzard claims they are safe and endorses them. I should be able to see what my Stat Priority is IN GAME. The Devs even agreed that this is a poor situation on a panel at Blizzcon, but they still haven't fixed it. Thanks for bringing this up. I feel less alone.
Completely unacceptable!!!

And for this to go 6 pages without a Blue responding, just shows the lack of concern from Blizz.

They knew they were making this change, yet they did not include it in the patch notes, nor did they remove the +5 tooltip from the rewards dialog (if they can remove XP and change gold amount on quests from max level characters, they surely can do this for maxxed professions). Lazy coding from devs as they were in on this change since they had to make the changes to only apply to classic profs.

I just wasted 20 min of my time on my orc warrior doing the DMF quests to boost his profs (cooking, fishing, BS, mining) to get no boosts.

Can I have my 20 min of gametime back?
08/09/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Olwyn

I shouldn't be sent to Wowhead for guides,.

Exactly THIS. Some of the most important things we need to know cannot be found out about IN GAME. So we are told to check with the community. Sometimes we get help from the community, other times you get insulted and ridiculed or told to go Google it. Wowhead, Icy Veins, Noxxic, Reddit and the forums are so often contradictory to each other. And Wowhead is FILLED with Malware. Random videos start playing, my intrusion software lights up like a Christmas Tree, and yet Blizzard claims they are safe and endorses them. I should be able to see what my Stat Priority is IN GAME. The Devs even agreed that this is a poor situation on a panel at Blizzcon, but they still haven't fixed it. Thanks for bringing this up. I feel less alone.

I use AdBlock Plus and UBlock/UBlock Origins, and minerBlock and have no ads showing on WoWhead