Darkmoon Faire Quests Not Awarding +5 Skill

Bug Report
Prev 1 5 6 7
08/09/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Elseadrena
Completely unacceptable!!!

And for this to go 6 pages without a Blue responding, just shows the lack of concern from Blizz.

Not just six pages. There's at least half a dozen other posts about this topic floating around the first three or four pages of the Bug Report forums.
08/09/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Elseadrena
And for this to go 6 pages without a Blue responding, just shows the lack of concern from Blizz.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767547028#post-7

As is stands the quests are functioning correctly, but our Devs are looking into making improvements in how they work.
08/09/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Nobully
As is stands the quests are functioning correctly, but our Devs are looking into making improvements in how they work.

They had ample time to figure that out before it went live. They knew what they were doing and did nothing to communicate it to the player base much less code it to remove the +5 skill from the rewards list for those already maxxed out of classic profs.

Like I said before, lazy devs and other Blizz employees that don't care
08/09/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Elseadrena

They had ample time to figure that out before it went live. They knew what they were doing and did nothing to communicate it to the player base much less code it to remove the +5 skill from the rewards list for those already maxxed out of classic profs.

Legion alpha testing officially started on November 23, 2015.
So... ~3 years wasn't enough for complete testing of the game.

I suspect that's their way of saying, "we didn't realize players would be quite so upset about this change, we better fix it." At least I hope it is.
Little reason to go to DMF now except to get the XP from the pet battle quests for non-max level toons. As Q once said in an episode of Star Trek, "Everyone's been the dog". That's how the Faire is now for many players without the profession skill ups.
08/05/2018 01:25 AMPosted by Shablám
Did not work with engineering either. Was at 96 legion eng, completed quest. Still at 96.
engineering, so far, is the only craft you do not need to do the entire story line or argus to max out. you DO need the engineer shoulder enchant and then kill many 1000's of mobs to get hardened fel and the 1%? "end game" patterns to drop. making the parts for the blingtron 6000 and a couple of (useless) engineer only helms will get you to max level.
mr ion has stated he wishes flying could go away and from all the gates and 1% pattern drops, he obviously dislikes crafting as well.
Cooking, fishing, blacksmith, tailoring, enchanting, alchemy, herbalism. All bugged. Did today on several toon. REEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLY not happy about this. Can't wait to see what doesn't work come Monday.
08/09/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Elseadrena

Lazy devs and other Blizz employees better guzzle an energy drink and get un-lazy before they are unemployed. Keep screwing up enough stuff in game guys and you won't have players and their subscription money coming in and you all be be developing the next version of Candy Crush.
08/07/2018 04:52 AMPosted by Macgroover
Found this on google. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

Seems it's intentional. Not happy about that.

very sad they did this. its only once a month so where is the harm in the quests. especially with all my toons it was a nice pick me up so didnt get too burned out trying to gather mats or fining things to mine which was by far the worst to level as far as gathering goes.
08/10/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Jazvar

I suspect that's their way of saying, "we didn't realize players would be quite so upset about this change, we better fix it." At least I hope it is.

agreed guess we'll see next month
I'm glad you guys are upset about this too. I'm not excited about having to do soooo much questing and instancing just to max out my professions, especially not on multiple toons. Who knows if the BfA content will allow us to get any points in Legion skills? Probably not. Maybe Blizzard doesn't want us to be completionists, but I know a lot of people who like to play this way. *sigh*
08/11/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Xenahawk
08/07/2018 04:52 AMPosted by Macgroover
Found this on google. https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/20943363

Seems it's intentional. Not happy about that.

very sad they did this. its only once a month so where is the harm in the quests. especially with all my toons it was a nice pick me up so didnt get too burned out trying to gather mats or fining things to mine which was by far the worst to level as far as gathering goes.

Likewise, I enjoy the DMF just because it is a break. It's silly, but it's something different than the usual grind. Same goes for world holidays. I like the break from repeating the same quest over and over (due to lots of alts).
All I can say is report it report it report it... put in a separate ticket on each profession you try to level and it doesn't ding. That way at least they can claim huge ticket completion rates. LOL