LOL @ all the salty Alliance

General Discussion
08/07/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Fritzle
I mean, the Alliance completely obliterated the Horde army stationed at Lordaeron, which then forced Sylvanas to blight the whole city. The explosions were pretty forceful, so they probably caved in the lower sections, thus the Undercity's likely pretty much rubble.

The Alliance lost a few soldiers. The Horde lost a major city, Silvermoon is vulnerable--and thus, so is the Sunwell--and Sylvanas singlehandedly destroyed two of her leaders' faith in her, at the very least. Baine and Saurfang are pissed, and rightfully so.

So yeah, it's pretty clear that if anyone won, it was the Alliance.

Except, Sylvanas knew Lordaeron was lost, she clearly mentions it. She simply decided to use it to thin Alliance forces.
We'll see what happens with Silvermoon.
08/07/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Othaella
Horde right now

https://i.imgur.com/mUmUazz.png
Oh so those face things some undead have are helmet straps! That makes a lot of sense now thanks.
08/07/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Revaks
Lets hear it for Sylvanas Windrunner, the Unnatural Girl!

The leather wearin', Lady Necklace wearin', soul stealin', WOOO, Black Arrow dealin', Horde flagship ridin', Bashee Form flyin' Warchief of da Horde!

In your face, Anduin, you soft, chubby cheeked, gum flappin', daddy issues havin' good for nothin' paladin wannabe blondie!

Now gimme two claps and a Banshee Scream!

*clap clap* WOOOO!!!

this is gold
08/07/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Sietenn
08/07/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Fritzle
I mean, the Alliance completely obliterated the Horde army stationed at Lordaeron, which then forced Sylvanas to blight the whole city. The explosions were pretty forceful, so they probably caved in the lower sections, thus the Undercity's likely pretty much rubble.

The Alliance lost a few soldiers. The Horde lost a major city, Silvermoon is vulnerable--and thus, so is the Sunwell--and Sylvanas singlehandedly destroyed two of her leaders' faith in her, at the very least. Baine and Saurfang are pissed, and rightfully so.

So yeah, it's pretty clear that if anyone won, it was the Alliance.

Except, Sylvanas knew Lordaeron was lost, she clearly mentions it. She simply decided to use it to thin Alliance forces.
We'll see what happens with Silvermoon.

What difference does it make, whether she knew it or not? It still happened. They're still down a major city.

Tyrande knew Teldrassil was lost, and it was still significant.
Heck, she almost didn't lose Undercity. if it wasn't for Jaina's Treasure planet ship, RLS Legacy, The horde would've won. Even then, Alleria and gnomes saved them again. Undercity lost virtually no Civilians in comparison to Teldrassil.

You'd think that the Alliance would've had Blight masks like the horde though by now. Maybe in the future. Those SI:7 agents did get some intel. Wonder what that was.

The alliance, when fighting, have pretty much 0 tactics. they just throw bodies at the problem and don't plan for anything. Horde tactics are always one step ahead. Slyvanas knows how to route them and plan. Even tried to kill all 4 of them, even if it failed, still gave her and the others time to flee.
Given the history and how much of a fool good ole' Vari made himself out to be, I can't say I can really give his words much credit.

It's funny too because they always quote what he says to the Alliance. They completely ignore that he says something entirely different to the Horde; basically calling them sheep.
08/07/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Dralonis
Heck, she almost didn't lose Undercity. if it wasn't for Jaina's Treasure planet ship, RLS Legacy, The horde would've won. Even then, Alleria and gnomes saved them again. Undercity lost virtually no Civilians in comparison to Teldrassil.

If not Jaina, I'm sure there would be another way... Hell, they reach the *same freakin problem* in the city; Blight in the way! Oh noes! What now? Oh... guess we could use these Gyrocopters to send in our best, and send our actual army back to Brill for now...

The whole "She blighted her own! What do I do now?!" thing was a serious facepalm moment when you later found out that Alliance had brought the aerial support as well. May have bought Sylvanas more time doing it that early on, but ultimately there were more ways to write in a successful breach of the walls. Steam tanks, anyone? Dwarves are making the crap out of those, but where are they?

Jaina's Party Boat was just the way they wanted to go I guess
08/07/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Rexann
I think both Horde and Alliance just got fooled. Sylvanas is pretty scary if you think it through from either perspective. Maybe we'll all end up being Forsaken. We all know it's coming sooner or later. In other words...yep... a zombie apocalypse.

I'll allow it.
I'm pretty sure there's just as much salty Horde, considering we're stuck with another Genocidal maniac for a Warchief, only this one is functionally no different than Arthas, as opposed to functionally no different from Garrosh.
08/07/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Biohazaard
Jaina's Party Boat was just the way they wanted to go I guess

They changed it from Beta.

In the beta, after the big load of blight happened, Anduin basically pulled off a "mass heal + power word barrier".

They changed it for Jaina's nice and dramatic entrance.
Horde right now

Why does this look like a movie poster?

The Seven Faces of Sloth from Goonies
Horde right now

GET. REKT.
08/07/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Ogyges
So, did you write all this up on the retreating air ship back to Orgrimmar?

After you watched the Alliance take control of all the land formerly belonging to the Forsaken, blight or no?

Is that what Victory looks like to you?

Can't really 'take control' of a city that kills you if you get within a mile of it.
Also, who's to say the blight won't spread?