Darkshore WQ's are akin to being poked in the eye

General Discussion
We have raiders in this game who have been here for ever, since Legion dropped they have been doing Dungeons and Normal raids until they could do Heroic or better, than the next raid and the next progression and so on.

First you need to kill the boss, that means 10+ competent players with enough Tanks, DPS and Healers and THAN you have the low % drop chance on gear.

If you are lucky you can find a guild or a good PUG who can run you through Heroic at minimum and go for some decent gear, but the majority of raiders would be at normal levels.

So players are spending months trying to get gear when they can, the low % drop chance AFTER they manage to kill a boss (PUG ran earlier and couldn't down Aggramar), than the low % chance to WF and further lower % to go TF on gear, not really easy for most players who raid and don't have time to put 2-3 hours 1-2 times a week into a heroic raid.

And than Pre-patch and Blizz just let's anyone finish a simple WQ and get a guaranteed 210 item, at least 4 times a day.

Than there are the plane drops, and for Horde all you need to do is open custom group finder and join a raid, another guaranteed 210 item every 20 minutes. EVERY 20 MINUTES!

Each day I have been on I got the same 2 staff rewards, on a WF that I could use and another WQ gave me a pair of pants upgrade and with only 2 items I feel like I am ripping the system of.

I can run Darkshore every day and get a guaranteed 4 items, you can run Normal Antorus and not get anything and that is much harder. 4 items minimum a day and if you want to stick around for the crates that is 3 items an hour more with a chance to WF up to 260+ iLVL is a bit of a joke to your raiding community.

You don't even have that much chance of getting gear in LFR, and that is a lower iLVL.

Do us a favour next time please, allow for catch up gear but offer it at the LFR or lower iLVL. You are allowing too many Alt's who were never going to go into a raid to instantly have as close to a raid iLVL as they can to allow for a faster start in BfA.

I mean this is great for those who have many alts and want to look at changing their main, I still think it is not right, you should reward those who raid better and ultimately force players to have one main they want to focus on, not just say "Here is some raid quality gear for no work at all for all your characters".
This happens every time an expansion ends. All the gear gets replaced by questing greens and blues.

Everything will be replaced in about a week and a half.

Cool it.
Every expansion is like that.

Gear is always temporary.
The only toons I'm replacing gear on are the ones who haven't raided.

The real poke in the eye is that I'm still doing the same world quests after the tree burned as before, and taking orders from a dead night elf on top of it.
Never get attached to gear. It is always meant to be replaced.
08/03/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Hardwire

The real poke in the eye is that I'm still doing the same world quests after the tree burned as before, and taking orders from a dead night elf on top of it.

When I logged on my alliance characters to do the quests, I did the quests, saw the story, zoned back into Darkshore to do WQs, and was like, I saw you diiiiieeeee
Raiding isn't hard, you're kinda overstating the difficulty of obtaining raiding gear. Regardless the gear from WQ's, and raiding gear, will be replaced in 2 weeks anyway.
08/03/2018 11:42 PMPosted by Midlight
08/03/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Hardwire

When I logged on my alliance characters to do the quests, I did the quests, saw the story, zoned back into Darkshore to do WQs, and was like, I saw you diiiiieeeee

I did the quests on one toon, then stopped because why bother doing the chain on the rest if nothing is going to change. I can save myself watching Sylvanas not kill Malfurion another half dozen times.
Do us a favour next time please, allow for catch up gear but offer it at the LFR or lower iLVL. You are allowing too many Alt's who were never going to go into a raid to instantly have as close to a raid iLVL as they can to allow for a faster start in BfA.

And making leveling content slow/unenjoyable for alts makes the game better how, exactly?
lol
People playing MMOs for armor is always lolz to me. It gets replaced every expansion (and, honestly, every few weeks/months). The work you put in before? Means nothing.
08/03/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Justweight
lol

This.
08/03/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Quinzal
This happens every time an expansion ends. All the gear gets replaced by questing greens and blues.

Cool it.

Yeh, but give those who actually earned their gear a chance to start the new expansion at a higher iLVL so they get an advantage.

I understand if someone came in with lower than Legion WQ gear that they may need a boost, but don't go giving all characters free raid gear.
You know they do this so they can try and make the intro into the next expansion enjoyable for everyone right?

Super geared characters would be complaining its too easy if it were targeted at people entering with terrible gear and poorly geared characters would struggle if the opposite were true.
08/03/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Akaraven
08/03/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Quinzal

Cool it.

Yeh, but give those who actually earned their gear a chance to start the new expansion at a higher iLVL so they get an advantage.

I understand if someone came in with lower than Legion WQ gear that they may need a boost, but don't go giving all characters free raid gear.

It's all going to be replaced in 10 bloody days.

It doesn't matter.
08/03/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Hardwire
08/03/2018 11:42 PMPosted by Midlight

I did the quests on one toon, then stopped because why bother doing the chain on the rest if nothing is going to change. I can save myself watching Sylvanas not kill Malfurion another half dozen times.

The funny part, was Sylvanas was actually getting her !@# kicked by Malfurion, and Saurfang knew it. Sylvie was about to get riggity wrekt if Highlord Clevefang hand't intervened.
Everything I'm wearing came from Darkshore.

That's what you get for being an elitist.
:D
You've never been poked in the eyes have you?
In a couple weeks none of this gear will matter either. I cannot believe you spent the time to write all of that.
08/03/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Akaraven
We have raiders in this game who have been here for ever, since Legion dropped they have been doing Dungeons and Normal raids until they could do Heroic or better, than the next raid and the next progression and so on.

First you need to kill the boss, that means 10+ competent players with enough Tanks, DPS and Healers and THAN you have the low % drop chance on gear.

If you are lucky you can find a guild or a good PUG who can run you through Heroic at minimum and go for some decent gear, but the majority of raiders would be at normal levels.

So players are spending months trying to get gear when they can, the low % drop chance AFTER they manage to kill a boss (PUG ran earlier and couldn't down Aggramar), than the low % chance to WF and further lower % to go TF on gear, not really easy for most players who raid and don't have time to put 2-3 hours 1-2 times a week into a heroic raid.

And than Pre-patch and Blizz just let's anyone finish a simple WQ and get a guaranteed 210 item, at least 4 times a day.

Than there are the plane drops, and for Horde all you need to do is open custom group finder and join a raid, another guaranteed 210 item every 20 minutes. EVERY 20 MINUTES!

Each day I have been on I got the same 2 staff rewards, on a WF that I could use and another WQ gave me a pair of pants upgrade and with only 2 items I feel like I am ripping the system of.

I can run Darkshore every day and get a guaranteed 4 items, you can run Normal Antorus and not get anything and that is much harder. 4 items minimum a day and if you want to stick around for the crates that is 3 items an hour more with a chance to WF up to 260+ iLVL is a bit of a joke to your raiding community.

You don't even have that much chance of getting gear in LFR, and that is a lower iLVL.

I mean this is great for those who have many alts and want to look at changing their main, I still think it is not right, you should reward those who raid better and ultimately force players to have one main they want to focus on, not just say "Here is some raid quality gear for no work at all for all your characters".

You have to put into consideration with the ilvl squish as well. Plus I really don't think it matters at this point since the new xpac is dropping in 10 days or so.