Elves need to start families

General Discussion
Why aren't they having loads of kids? You'd think their survival instincts would have kicked in by now. They can't hold on to the idiotic excuse of "we live too long to have too many kids" crap. Especially after a second Elven race almost suffered a complete genocide from an Undead tyrant.

Genuine lore question, this. They keep suffering wars, but they are never having kids. We should be seeing loads of these, to help preserve the species.
https://zisforzeirah.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/baby-6.jpg
Sure? let's go for it

With Blood Elves being able to age 12,000+ years now with new novella, i'm pretty sure one can give birth to at least like 10,000 children in their life time?
that would be one big huge family
Why aren't they having loads of kids? You'd think their survival instincts would have kicked in by now. They can't hold on to the idiotic excuse of "we live too long to have too many kids" crap. Especially<em/> after a second Elven race almost suffered a complete genocide from an Undead tyrant.

I've seen some artwork that suggests they are working on it.
Why aren't they having loads of kids? You'd think their survival instincts would have kicked in by now. They can't hold on to the idiotic excuse of "we live too long to have too many kids" crap. Especially<em/> after a second Elven race almost suffered a complete genocide from an Undead tyrant.

Genuine lore question, this. They keep suffering wars, but they are never having kids. We should be seeing loads of these, to help preserve the species.

Bah, lesser trolls they should all be purged.
08/07/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Kelisaria
We should be seeing loads of these, to help preserve the species.

On the contrary, I want to see as few of whatever that is as possible.
My elf on WRA is working on it
Meet you in the rift to begin.
No thanks
Just curious, what would be the age of adulthood - when they go out on their own? 100, 1000?
You underestimate the flooziness of elves.
08/07/2018 07:01 AMPosted by Locknraven
Just curious, what would be the age of adulthood - when they go out on their own? 100, 1000?

18-20, judging by Valeera Sanguinar and Tarenar Sunstrike. They were both little kids born a decade or more after the Second War, and were still children during the Scourge invasion. Yet, both of them are fully-fledged adults now.

08/07/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Mistral
You underestimate the flooziness of elves.

I hope so. They will need all of the naughtiness they can get to bring their numbers back up.
They mature at the age of 5,000, they need time
I'd donate if I wasnt so short.
I volunteer as tribute!
I think the last thing the forums needed is more breeding topics.
08/07/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Dotbringer
Sure? let's go for it

With Blood Elves being able to age 12,000+ years now with new novella, i'm pretty sure one can give birth to at least like 10,000 children in their life time?
You assume their pregnancy lasts the same as humans.

Their pregnancies could last for centuries, if not millennia. Ain't nobody got time for that!
This sounds like a very good cause, I'm ready to do my part. Oh and I only accept cash as payment.
08/07/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Teliko
I volunteer as tribute!

There is always one...
Do half elves live as long as normal elves?
08/07/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Patchs
08/07/2018 06:47 AMPosted by Dotbringer
Sure? let's go for it

You assume their pregnancy lasts the same as humans.

Their pregnancies could last for centuries, if not millennia. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Well now you're asking the real questions.

Blizz how long is a Elf preggers?