(Old Soldier) Those troll tusks...

General Discussion
Anyone else kind of struck in the Old Soldier cinematic at just how uncomfortable it looks to have troll tusks? I mean, how in the world does any troll grow to old age without accidentally breaking those things from randomly tripping?

Deep down, I think this is why the orcs and trolls are such buddies. They each know that that they both know what it's like trying to talk around tusks jutting out of their mouths and trying to avoid breaking them from any random fall.
Here is another question - what purpose do they server? I mean, in animals they use tusks as weapons by charging into their enemies.

For a troll though... that would actually be kind of funny to watch
Well, as seen from Vol'jin's death in the Legion cinematic, falling over and breaking a tusk off is totally possible. But I imagine they're fairly sturdy if they're made out of dentin and enamel (I assume they're just big teeth, but I don't actually know). As far as them being uncomfortable, trolls evolved to have those things for whatever reason. Their anatomy is thus designed to accommodate them. They can even enunciate around the stupid things, which I personally think doesn't make a lot of sense.
Looks like another forsaken got rotbrain

Better get someone to cut him up so the others can get hands and whatnit whenever they just kinda fall off
08/03/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Drusillia
Here is another question - what purpose do they server?

Seeing as how only the males have the giant sweeping tusks we identify trolls as having, I imagine they're a sign of health, strength, and masculinity. Same with bucks and their antlers.
They might break, but it's pretty obvious trolls can regenerate it.
08/03/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Aytan
They can?
Orc's tusks are just regular teeth.
Troll's tusks I always thought are similar to those of wild animals, where the tusks of a Troll are always growing and need to be cared for, trimmed, and groomed on a regular basis.

But I see these tusks being more like those of Elephants/Walrus (where they stop continually growing if they take enough damage) as opposed to Rodent/Alpaca/Llama teeth (which grow continuously over the life of the animal).

That being said, I don't know how connected Troll tusks are to their nervous system. It could just be that they only have nerve endings in the base of the tusk and not the bony protrusions. Other than that, I imagine that care for tusks is managed by waxing, polishing, perhaps even sanding.

The issue with Trolls and Orcs that is not often discussed is the drool... Maybe that's why Male Trolls are always leaning forward and kneeling down, they need to drain their mouths constantly.
Troll Ivory Trade
How do trolls kiss?
Da Troll tusks go well wit my Deathwheel, what also has dem tusks.
08/03/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Greatbobbo
How do trolls kiss?

Who says they do? Culturally they could show affection any number of ways.
08/03/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Axelhander
Da Troll tusks go well wit my Deathwheel, what also has dem tusks.

0/10 No rings in your tusk
How do trolls kiss?

We scream into eachothers faces like foxes do and then break off our tusks.

We can grow them back it's no biggie.
08/03/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Manazzle
How do trolls kiss?

Who says they do? Culturally they could show affection any number of ways.

Life finds a way.
I find it weird that the base of his tusk was smaller than the middle part. I don't think tusks work that way.

How do trolls kiss?

They probably just nuzzle each other to show affection.
How do trolls kiss?

Very, very carefully.
How do trolls kiss?

Very carefully
08/03/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Shadøw
08/03/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Aytan
They can?

Well, you don't see tuskless trolls out there much.
somehow...
I remembered Kinglon mating...
not good...