Alliance Players Before: Jaina Be Cray Cray

General Discussion
08/07/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Runedblade
And she was betrayed over and over again because she wanted to prove that she's not racist.

Nope, that didn't happen. She betrayed the Horde just as often. She wasn't just some little victim. She put military bases in Horde lands, and marched her soldiers through the Barrens, all while lying about "wanting peace".

08/07/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Runedblade
Who was WoW's biggest racist? Othmar Garithos. How did he die? He stopped being racist for a moment and worked with the enemy, who betrayed him.

So, racism is justified if you're Alliance? But Garrosh is the big evil Orc for being racist? Nice double standard that Alliance players have, there.
08/07/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Crunchy
Jaina and Sylvannas should just hate f*ck and get it over with

Sylvanas is too busy with Nathanos
08/07/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Maizou
Alliance Now: ALL HAIL JAINA, SHE WILL WIN THE WAR FOR US!

Considering how rare supporters of Jaina like myself were prior to today, it's honestly rather hilarious watching all these threads pop up where Alliance state she's our greatest hero and such. Lol.

Wrong. That was horde calling her cray cray.
I never thought she was crazy. In fact i thought she was the only sane leader left.
Nope, that didn't happen. She betrayed the Horde just as often. She wasn't just some little victim. She put military bases in Horde lands, and marched her soldiers through the Barrens, all while lying about "wanting peace".

You mean the keep that had been there as long as the Horde had been, if not longer?

So, racism is justified if you're Alliance? But Garrosh is the big evil Orc for being racist? Nice double standard that Alliance players have, there.

The blood elves are the most racist race in the game. Also, Garithos put aside his prejudices and worked with the Forsaken, and he was betrayed by it.

Garithos was racist towards blood elves because of their betrayal of the Alliance.
08/07/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Espur
She was braindead when she was still a pacifist when she had been so terribly hurt by the Horde.

She was never "hurt" by Thrall's Horde. Daelin brought his death onto himself.

08/07/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Espur
I played in vanilla. I was Horde, but I still liked her. It wasn't until Wrath I went Alliance, and I didn't like her from Wrath until MoP. She was annoying - but now she's a far better (and better looking) character.

She's just a genocidal racist butcher, like her father. She wants to stomp Orcish babies, throw Blood Elf children into burning buildings, and laugh while doing it. She's Sylvanas with a better stylist. That's not "interesting", that's being a blind and naive little bigot. She wasn't "naive" in Vanilla-Wrath, if anything, when she started treating all members of the Horde as being "guilty" simply based on their race, that is when she became "naive".

She judged people as individuals, and was wise and tolerant. Now, she is the very hateful monster that she claims the Horde are. She was slaughter all of their children to make herself feel better.
Jaina helped burn Teldrassil, you know... She gets weirdly eyeshifty in the background when Anduin tells Sylvanas that she burned it.

I think the "Horde didn't really have enough firepower to burn Teldrassil" inconsistency is a key clue. All Sylvanas had to do was order it, and suddenly every drop spilt was one her hands. The Horde's hands.

The morally grey meme continues, unabated.
Jaina was only crazy when she wanted to make peace now that she wants to end the horde she is finally sane :)
Anyone who didn't support Jaina before was either not paying attention to her story arc or being willfully ignorant of everything she's gone through.

Has she always made the best choice? No. Has she been consistent in her development as the actions of the Horde changed her from a woman who wanted peace with the orcs to someone who survived multiple trust shattering experiences and came to accept who the horde really are? Yes.

For Theramore. For Teldrassil. For the Alliance!
08/07/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Razaria
I think the "Horde didn't really have enough firepower to burn Teldrassil" inconsistency is a key clue. All Sylvanas had to do was order it, and suddenly every drop spilt was one her hands. The Horde's hands.

The thing that confuses me is this.

In A Good War, they suggest taking Darnassus to split the Alliance politically. Malfurian and Tyrande would demand that Anduin and the Alliance would take it back immediately, and then Genn would demand they take back Gilneas.

They wanted to avoid destroying it, because they knew that a war against an united Alliance would be far harder to win.

But then Sylvanas orders the tree to be burnt anyway, and accomplishes the specific thing that she originally WANTED to avoid.
08/07/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Espur
You mean the keep that had been there as long as the Horde had been, if not longer?

Oh, so you didn't play during Vanilla? Here, let me inform you on Tiragarde Keep: it was built by Daelin's forces when they were attempting their genocide of the Orcs, so it was built afterward.

The blood elves are the most racist race in the game.

Source? Oh, right, you don't have one.

Also, Garithos put aside his prejudices and worked with the Forsaken, and he was betrayed by it.

He also attempted to commit mass murder against the entirety of Quel'thalas military, solely because they got some help defeating the Scourge (of whom were the actual threat). His history pretty much shows that he would have betrayed the Forsaken, had they let him live.

Also, he would have just started attacking them afterward, anyway. It was better to kill him then, rather than later.

Garithos was racist towards blood elves because of their betrayal of the Alliance.

Oh, yes. They "betrayed" the Alliance by helping fight the Scourge, by getting some free boats from some Naga and some intel, so they could help fight the Undead. If anything, the Blood Elves were betrayed by Garithos, with him pulling most of the Alliance forces to a different front, and then sending Kael'thas and his men on a suicide mission, and charging them with treason when they succeeded in said suicide mission. Garithos blatantly hoped they would all be killed by the Scourge solely out of bigotry, and tried to set them up for just that.

The Blood Elves never "betrayed" the Alliance. Garithos was just looking to use any trumped up charge he could pull as an excuse to act on his bigotry, much like Jaina.
Jaina isn't cray

That ship cray.
Technically, Sylvanas is more responsible for the Alliance being alive now than Jaina, since she threw a hissy and left Sylvanas in charge to deal with the Legion.
08/07/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Crunchy
Jaina and Sylvannas should just hate f*ck and get it over with

I had a lovely dream about that last night.
08/07/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Razaria
Jaina helped burn Teldrassil, you know... She gets weirdly eyeshifty in the background when Anduin tells Sylvanas that she burned it.

The morally grey meme continues, unabated.
She's standing in the throne room of Lordaeron, watching a young, blond, human man in plate address someone sitting on its throne. She could have saved Teldrassil if she had let Varian end it all during Wrath of the Lich King. She knows firsthand what losing your city is like.

Considering the novellas explained how the fires spread as quickly as they did, and with a knowledge of her character, I fail to see why anyone should think that she somehow caused Teldrassil.
I've always supported Jaina because deep down I knew she was right, the Horde needed to be dissolved and assimilated into the Alliance. I mean it would have been a win-win at the time.

Considering how rare supporters of Jaina like myself were prior to today, it's honestly rather hilarious watching all these threads pop up where Alliance state she's our greatest hero and such. Lol.

Let's be honest, she isn't doing it for the Alliance.
Since when does she look like a Brats doll, though?

Don't speak for me. I've always liked Jaina. She tried so hard to broker peace between the Horde and the Alliance, having come close several times, only for herpa-derp new warchiefs blowing up cities, leaving kings to die alone, and having her hair turn from gold to white.

She's just having a mid life crisis. All Jaina ever wanted to do was study.

Blizzard writers had other ideas.
Never seen her as crazy, everything she's done has been a rational human reaction. Had she acctually flooded Orgrimmar that would make her crazy, but she didn't do it, she wanted to in a combined moment of rage and greif over being betrayed so badly, but she still didn't actually do it.

What has Jaina done that makes her even close to being crazy?