People upset at Jaina being awesome

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16
08/08/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Xakopane
Deus ex Jaina.

Why are we talking about Kalecgos?
im wondering where those teleportation powers were on the broken shore....Varyan could've use some of that.
I thought only with the help of other mages could Khadgar teleport Dalaran.

There are SIX powerful mages in fact.

I really am trying to think what other apparently ridiculously OP thing Khadgar has done.
08/08/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Nithenarina
I thought only with the help of other mages could Khadgar teleport Dalaran.

To be fair, an entire floating city I would imagine requires quite a bit more power than individuals.

Not saying it makes the writing better.
Kael'Thas did the exact same thing with weapons in Tempest Keep.

Jaina was just more creative.
Jaina's the frost Queen

She is the best there is..

Jaina's the frost queen..
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Then you're delusional, or lying.

"100% consistent with lore" is something good fantasy authors do not care one lick about.

The problem with her entrance isn't that it was not cool because it was pretty neat.

The real issue is that she's now so powerful the entire war is a joke.

What do walls matter when she can just roll up on a magic boat you can't really stop and blow them away. Why doesn't she just go do that to like every major or minor city and do that?

There's no reason. She negates almost the entirety of the Horde by herself. The plague? Pointless. Walls and fortifications? Pointless.

Why bother when there's no way for the entire Horde to measure up. Even green jesus at his best couldn't fight the entire Alliance solo.

This argument is ludicrous. Yesterday haters kept telling me how absolutely broken Jaina was and when I arrived home I was fully prepared to see Super Saiyan Jaina come into battle with a ship and literally wipe out an entire army while knocking down a city (simply for entering the scene).

What I got instead was Jaina (powerful yes) who merely removes the blight with magic (how is this surprising? The Blight was removed by dragon fire several expansions ago, you don't think extremely cold temperatures isn't going to affect it)? She doesn't destroy an army, she merely breaks down a wall (how is this God mode again? She a powerful Mage, I certainly hope she can break down a wall). Then after that she teleports everyone to safety in the end... (Which may I add, is literally a spell mages have had since the very beginning).

WAIT WHAT!? That's it? Granted it was awesome, but you people exaggerated that scene so much it practically underwhelmed me to say the least. She didn't take on an army, she came in and merely did things a Mage should do. What's the problem here? Are you people really so uncreative you don't think the Horde will have ANYTHING later that can possibly pose a challenge?
The problem with her entrance isn't that it was not cool because it was pretty neat.

The real issue is that she's now so powerful the entire war is a joke.

What do walls matter when she can just roll up on a magic boat you can't really stop and blow them away. Why doesn't she just go do that to like every major or minor city and do that?

There's no reason. She negates almost the entirety of the Horde by herself. The plague? Pointless. Walls and fortifications? Pointless.

Why bother when there's no way for the entire Horde to measure up. Even green jesus at his best couldn't fight the entire Alliance solo.

This argument is ludicrous. Yesterday haters kept telling me how absolutely broken Jaina was and when I arrived home I was fully prepared to see Super Saiyan Jaina come into battle with a ship and literally wipe out an entire army while knocking down a city (simply for entering the scene).

What I got instead was Jaina (powerful yes) who merely removes the blight with magic (how is this surprising? The Blight was removed by dragon fire several expansions ago, you don't think extremely cold temperatures isn't going to affect it)? She doesn't destroy an army, she merely breaks down a wall (how is this God mode again? She a powerful Mage, I certainly hope she can break down a wall). Then after that she teleports everyone to safety in the end... (Which may I add, is literally a spell mages have had since the very beginning).

WAIT WHAT!? That's it? Granted it was awesome, but you people exaggerated that scene so much it practically underwhelmed me to say the least. She didn't take on an army, she came in and merely did things a Mage should do. What's the problem here? Are you people really so uncreative you don't think the Horde will have ANYTHING later that can possibly pose a challenge?

she basically just single handedly brought warcraft into the modern age of warfare by making walls obsolete. unless the goblins know how to make bombers or atomic catapults .. the war should be over in .. yesterday.

and thats not even the best part .. anduin .. who's never seen that ship, and hasnt seen Jaina in 2 years? somehow can say "Jaina .. walls" and poof .. the walls vanish .. its garbage
I loved jaina in frozen she was my favorite character

she basically just single handedly brought warcraft into the modern age of warfare by making walls obsolete. unless the goblins know how to make bombers or atomic catapults .. the war should be over in .. yesterday.

and thats not even the best part .. anduin .. who's never seen that ship, and hasnt seen Jaina in 2 years? somehow can say "Jaina .. walls" and poof .. the walls vanish .. its garbage

Hey man, it's not her fault Sylvanas hasn't updated her rotting, falling apart keep. She's practically taking care of a dump.
Something tells me Jaina is in it to win it.
Khadgar did what it took to unite our world and fight the Legion and literally saved all of us from destruction. Jaina ran and left us to our fate. Why would I like her?
I don't hate Jaina, I just think that's she a tragically terrible character lorewise as of right now. Characters have to show consistency to make sense.

Thrall was charged with warding the Earth by the dragon aspects, trained for months canonically and then plugged his power into the Dragon Soul to defeat Deathwing (also with the help of brave adventurers and the other dragon aspects) - Thrall makes sense as a character how he could go from humble to strong, to god-like and then back to relatively meek compared to other characters.

Jaina doesn't make sense. She was a prodigy, yeah, handpicked by Antonidas and trained by the Kirin Tor. She wasn't anything more significant than other mages like let's say, Rhonin, until the events of cataclysm. She wasn't a Kael'thas siphoning off the tempest keep and the mana forges of Netherstorm, neither was she even a Rhonin who had managed to go back in time to aid in the defense of Azeroth. By wrath's time, she was a perfectly ordinary nobody mage in terms of power.

Cataclysm rolls around and she grabs herself the focusing iris, great... that makes sense to me how she would be powerful enough to destroy Orgrimmar with the very item that channels the leyline energy of the world. To my knowledge, she decides to just abandon the idea from being stopped by Thrall - more so she shows restraint in her power because she doesn't want to punish all of the Horde for Garrosh's actions. Great character, I thought it was an awesome moment for character building.

Pandaria swings around and she does a "take backsies" on her original sentiment and starts to hate all of the Horde for being complicit in Garrosh's warpath (even though Lor'themar is out in force on the Isle of Thunder and makes it clear that he has no love for the warchief and seeks the thunder king's power to help his people.) But Jaina exiles the Horde from Dalaran, a place built on the very teachings of magic that the blood elves helped give to the Alliance as well as the city being a place that she has no sole ownership over, and kills the sunreavers who do not leave. This is a monstrously !@#$ty character; if she had not killed them and instead imprisoned them then it would've been a redeemable act considering the mages conspired to use the Divine Bell... but Jaina went off the deep end.

She gets power from Lei Shen which she uses to empower herself only and not her people (showing the kind of person she is when compared to Lor'themar), and (I'm gonna skip WoD), when Legion rolled around she abandoned assisting the planet with her supposed godlike titan power when it was under assault by the Legion itself all because the Horde rubbed her the wrong way again and Anduin wouldn't drop what he was doing to attack the Horde instead of the greater threat: literal demons. This was when she peaked as a terrible character. Selfish, childish, and powerful to an unknowable degree.

But it's alright because she comes back to fight her truly hated foe that she's had all along, the Horde, in BfA. Flies in on a derelict ship at just the crucial moment to effortlessly dispel the plague the forsaken have been perfecting since classic WoW, bombarding the walls of Lordaeron with a needlessly embellished display (conjuring cannons to broadside the city), and doesn't display a hint of fatigue during the entire sequence or thereafter? Not only does she accomplish this magical feat, but also maintains the levitation of the ship as she accompanies Anduin to confront Sylvanas, and then conjures a mass teleportation for her group.

Why didn't Jaina just fly after the Horde in their little zeppelin? Jaina can move that ship by sheer force of will and can bombard a city's walls down, so I'm led to believe that she just decides to stop there and let the Horde leave?

She's one of the most inconsistent characters to-date, and I wouldn't rebut by saying that I support Sylvanas - Because I don't support her sudden display of moves or chaotic actions in the least. Things just don't make sense and I hope Blizz answers by saying N'zoth was involved somewhere in the mix of all this %^-* or it will just be as silly as time-traveling orcs to me.
Oh lordy.. What category of tùrds does this thread fall into!?

I formally request reimbursement of the 10 mins of life I wasted reading through this poor troll attempt.

Anyone got a dirty nappy/diaper I could bury my nose in? I need some fresh air after smelling this feminist chunder.
08/07/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Lemires
Were you also upset at Khadgar doing awesome things throughout Warlords and Legion?

Don't answer that. You weren't. You would have been if Jaina was the one featured in WoD/Legion, and you would have had no issue with Khadgar floating a Kul Tiran warship over Undercity.

Don't @ me. Look in a mirror instead.

Um, I don't like humans and their constant need to be better than everyone else. I don't care if they have boobs or not.
So after all we have been through with the legion rocking up to kill the world Jaina now decided it's a good time to summon a ghost battle ship that we could have used to fight off almost every other threat

Way to take your time with the cool spooky ship noob mage