Delete LFR and replace it

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
kicking the bee hive again here but this is something I'll fight for until the day I die

LFR needs to be reworked, revamped or removed. This has been the worse change to the game I've ever seen since hitting that create character button.

It's punched a huge hole in the community and caused more bad than good.

I'll say something that will stir the pot up here but this isn't raiding. This is like saying you're driving when you're in a taxi. The bosses are stupid as hell and they're just big punching bags that award loot at the end. Today I made myself a coffee whilst defeating the burning legion once and for all and still managed to go unnoticed as AFK and still out perform half the raid

Make a new system to get people into normal mode, give players that have done it incentives to run with people that haven't done it or just need a hand doing it again. Guided runs or what ever. The rewards can be what ever blizzard conjures up to make it worth it. Can still be broken up some people that have poor attention spans and weak time management can still get it done

I don't even care if LFR comes towards the end of the tier

If they insist on keeping the cursed thing then make it reward the stupidest loot ever that is barely worth doing it

A few comments I expect to see

"I want to see the content and I don't have the time"
Well for a start you shouldn't be wanting to see the content you should be wanting to do the content, which I struggle to accept that you are doing the content because all you're doing is killing a target dummy
Also if you don't have the time that's tough luck on your half, like anything you want to do you have to make the time for it and if you really can't do it then watch a stream or a youtube video because it will be more interesting than what you're doing it. Unplug your keyboard and pretend you're doing a rotation on the boss because that's closer to what LFR is than raiding

"dont tell me how to play the game I pay for it"
You're playing the game in baby mode I'm sorry to say and it never should have ever made raiding the look the way LFR does.

"it's LOOKING FOR RAID it is RAIDING"
No its not. it's pretty much a transmog run that gets put together for you by the game

Feel free to go nuts at me for being so bold but I have to get this off my chest at least once a week
You can feel how you like, but it doesn't matter when Blizzard sees it's purpose even if you don't.
Getting rid of lfr wont force people into Normals.

All it will do is make lfr raiders stop raiding completely.

So no, it's never going away. Find some way to come to terms with that and move on with your life.
That's a lot of words but you never actually said what to replace it with.

.. and without that, your post is useless because it ignores how LFR came to BE.
I like pancakes. With butter and maple syrup!

Yummy!
I see this thread going over well..... keep fighting the good fight
I'm not reading all of that but you don't have to do it.

Happy Sunday.
I deleted it last night and replaced it with an exact replica. I did the same thing with all the furniture in your apartment.

You're welcome.
Don't people always complain about how toxic and awful LFR players are? Why do you want them in your normal/heroic/ whatever raid stuff you do community?
I'm staggering 40% of this stupid up front, and the other 60% over the next 10 seconds.

Can't form an adequate response until then.
08/05/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Serkon
Don't people always complain about how toxic and awful LFR players are? Why do you want them in your normal/heroic/ whatever raid stuff you do community?

They don't. They just don't want them to raid at all so they can feel superior. Don't fall for any claims to the contrary.
08/05/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Snowfox

.. and without that, your post is useless because it ignores how LFR came to BE.

guided system for experienced people to noobs into raid, they've got the tools for it already

also people will start pugging it pretty quick smart and you'd be amazed at how many groups would run this kind of stuff now that we can talk to people cross realm

mind blowing stuff i know
08/05/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Valdrane
I like pancakes. With butter and maple syrup!

Yummy!

Blueberry pancakes OK? Help yourself!

Let's be clear.

It's NOT the high-end mythic 0.1% progression raiders that complain about LFR.

It's the scrubby low-end wannabee elitists who do.
08/05/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Snowfox

Amen.
Delete all the current raiding tiers and go back to the setup we had in Wraith. Back then PUGs could put together 10 and 20 man raids for normal content pretty easy. Things went to hell when they went back to 40 raids...
08/05/2018 08:55 AMPosted by Snowfox

Let's be clear.

It's NOT the high-end mythic 0.1% progression raiders that complain about LFR.

Call me an elitist but I care about game health and community building because MMOs survive off their communities and not off their LFR
@OP. LFR is there for the casual players. There is literally no reason to punish people who just want to log on and sandbox.
08/05/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Nippyss
08/05/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Snowfox

guided system for experienced people to noobs into raid, they've got the tools for it already

also people will start pugging it pretty quick smart and you'd be amazed at how many groups would run this kind of stuff now that we can talk to people cross realm

mind blowing stuff i know

I wouldn't. I either wouldn't raid at all or I would leave the game.
Here's the most important quote of all:

"If not for the group finder tool (LFR), raid would have been phased out (NO MORE RAIDS) due to the excessive production budget. We couldn't justify spending that much money for content that only 7% of the playerbase was consuming."

-Ion Hazzikostas, in an interview.

No LFR, no raids in ANY difficulty.