Delete LFR and replace it

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
08/05/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Hashmal
08/05/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Stonebrae
agree with you. Maybe they can come up with a new quality of loot for dungeons/LFR. Make it pink and call it something different

Wait. So the border color of the loot icon is the issue you have?

People are weird, do they actually think other players inspect their gear?

I stopped caring about what gear people were wearing after transmog became a thing years ago.
08/05/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Infernastorm
08/05/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Jalen
I meant that for Heroic and Mythic not normal.

So, basically, you're removing LFR difficulty and replacing it with a 'Normal' that's balanced around groups of randoms thrown together, that's basically LFR difficulty, but it's called Normal. Basically, just removing Normal mode.

lol

Pretty much. I personally think there are too many difficulties in raiding.
I enjoy LFR never had an issue with it apart from the wait times..
08/05/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Jalen

Why are more difficulty settings a bad thing?
removing lfr won't magically make me want to join a raid guild. ill just do other things: pet battles, battlegrounds etc. Maybe i'd finally finish Draenor pathfinder.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

That's a very good point. There are many ways to make raiding more accessible these days.

It's really a question of whether the person has time or not to dedicate to actually progressing.

The quote came back all the way during T14 release if memory serves. Back when Blizzard had just drastically raised the raiding floor in Cata from something a good portion of the playerbase could see (in WoTLK through 10 man or maybe even 25 man normal) to something only dedicated players could progress through regardless of size or difficulty.

LFR is by no means a necessity to keep raiding alive, but people still cling to a ~6 year old quote as if its still valid. It's true that Blizzard still obviously seems a purpose for LFR (or at best/worst just haven't decided on if they want to remove it), but it's not still around because it's needed to justify creating raid content.

Well until a more recent blue post states other wise, everything you just said is just assumptions.

For all we know even less people could be raiding than were back in Cata because the player base has continued to shift more and more casual every year since then.

Can't prove either way since there's no available data to look at.
08/05/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Infernastorm
08/05/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Jalen

Why are more difficulty settings a bad thing?

Something something "forced to do multiple difficulties" something something.
08/05/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Magnata
No... lets get rid of mythic and the egotists with it.

LFR hero like you is why LFR need to be removed
Have you ever considered never going into LFR and allow those that do to enjoy it for what it’s worth???
08/05/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Gwyyn
Getting rid of lfr wont force people into Normals.

All it will do is make lfr raiders stop raiding completely.

Or simply quit playing. Which means fewer customers. Which means less profit. Which means Investors question the validity of pouring money into the game. Which is a Bad Thing (tm pending).
08/05/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Gwenethil
LFR is a needed piece of the puzzle.

It let's those who are casual see the content.

Because paying for this game means you should get to experience the content. It is unfair to be told by the community you aren't good enough for normal raids and give no option of an easier route.

This isn't "everyone gets a trophy." It's: "this game is fun and I'd like to see everything the devs put in and not be blocked by humans who want to feel better than me."

But I am casual and I clear heroic weekly in a guild with a bit of Mythic raiding every once in awhile. Being casual doesn't automatically validate LFR.

I really believe they need to scale it down. Make groups smaller. Make each person matter more. Might just make LFR more enjoyable for everyone.
Last time they made LFR basically irrelevant was in WoD. Can we just...not?
Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!

The ticket's for the whole seat...

But you'll only need the edge!
08/05/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Grýph
08/05/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Gwenethil
LFR is a needed piece of the puzzle.

It let's those who are casual see the content.

Because paying for this game means you should get to experience the content. It is unfair to be told by the community you aren't good enough for normal raids and give no option of an easier route.

This isn't "everyone gets a trophy." It's: "this game is fun and I'd like to see everything the devs put in and not be blocked by humans who want to feel better than me."

But I am casual and I clear heroic weekly in a guild with a bit of Mythic raiding every once in awhile. Being casual doesn't automatically validate LFR.

I really believe they need to scale it down. Make groups smaller. Make each person matter more. Might just make LFR more enjoyable for everyone.

That’s not casual at all, your post has been made irrelevant
08/05/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Nippyss
kicking the bee hive again here but this is something I'll fight for until the day I die
Abusing the dead horse with another beating, got it.
LFR needs to be reworked, revamped or removed.

Nope

I'll say something that will stir the pot up here but this isn't raiding.

"Oh no people don't have to put up with poor attitudes in guilds if they want to play the game anymore!"
Oh boy here I go. I dare say it I'm an (LFR) hero, now granted I'm fine with it coming out after the normal,heroic,and mythic as those that do raid and take the time to do so deserve it first. I used to be a full time raider back in the day when I had time as I to be honest a heck of a lot younger. Nowadays with work, family and trying to pursue my RN the time I do get LFR hit's the bill. I'm glad it's here and hope it continues to do so. As for those that do make time to raid good for you and I hope you all get sick loots.
Hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha
This guy actually thinks he is defending something "Important"
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I think the definition of Casual is not solidly defined. The people that LFR are not necessarily casual. They are players who want to experience the raid content, in a not so threatening environment, on their own time. They may also not want or are tired of being part of a guild and all the requirements that entails.

Because we are mixed and matched together pretty much as a ragtag bunch with little to no communication, certain mechanics and adjustments need to be made to allow for greater survivability when the less skilled or fortunate die and the rest need to take up the slack to down the boss.

In my opinion, LFR isn’t the real problem. It’s the other players whom feel it necessary to run LFR in order to min/max their character. Blizzard could solve this by putting the same lockout timer for each current raid tier, no matter the difficulty level. Normal, heroic and Mythic raiders would not do LFR unless they wanted to give up their usual difficulty for the week.

Those still unsatisfied are the delusionals who think only they should have gear and experience raid content. I don’t think anything the developers would say could get these people off their mindset of remove LFR. I think they are saying enough by including it in BFA. It supports their business model for this game.
You're playing the game in baby mode

and what's your problem with that? The way others play is not your problem and no one has to change to suit your standard of excellence, which in the end is not important!

You also will not want LFR people walking on your side! So let them stay where they are happy, or be quiet when they make mistakes and have trouble doing something on their level, because they will!