Darkmoon Profession Quests - Working as Intended?

General Discussion
I have a Blacksmith who is level 58 and went to Outland to pick up Outland BS. He was already maxed at 300 for basic BS. After training on Outland BS, I went to Darkmoon and did the BS skillup quest. But it didn't award any skill up points.

Bug, or working as intended? Are the Darkmoon skillups now only good for the first 300 basic skills?
It is borked.

When they went from level 800 profs, to expac-specific 100 level profs, the DMF quest got borked.

Dunno what the fix will be.
08/06/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Steamhammer
I have a Blacksmith who is level 58 and went to Outland to pick up Outland BS. He was already maxed at 300 for basic BS. After training on Outland BS, I went to Darkmoon and did the BS skillup quest. But it didn't award any skill up points.

Bug, or working as intended? Are the Darkmoon skillups now only good for the first 300 basic skills?
If thats the case its absolutely useless now for MOST of the game.
I really like the way professions work now as separate expansions. Best idea ever. But I finally waste my time going to the DMF to get the +5 and got screwed.
Not happy about that at all.
one step forward and two steps back

no body gets too far like that
I have heard people say it only levels up for the vanilla/starting professions.

Leveling past that mark requires you to go to that expac and work on it.

If you think about it, does make sense to work that way. Or it could have just been something they didnt think about in adjusting things to the new system.
08/06/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Dufas
f you think about it, does make sense to work that way.

I thought about it......No.
If you got the five points where would they apply? How would the game know? I guess you could specify which expac during the quest turn in. No different than the Kirin-Tor emmissary quests I would imagine.
08/06/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Locolarry
If you got the five points where would they apply? How would the game know? I guess you could specify which expac during the quest turn in. No different than the Kirin-Tor emmissary quests I would imagine.

I wasn't aware you could start Northrend BS (for example) before completing Outland and Vanilla BS. I would think it should award 5 points to whatever stage you are at. I didn't know you could be at multiple stages at the same time (e.g. 285 Vanilla and 15 Outland).
08/06/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Locolarry

Well, logically since it just stacked on top of the old number which would have been what ever most recent expansion you were actively working on, it would only make sense to stack the +5 on the most current expansion youre working on now.
So all my other expansions were capped out, just needed a bit more for legion, so thats where it should have put the +5.
The most current expansion you are leveling sounds reasonable and logical to me.
I did a couple of trials yesterday. You get no points above 300 for any of the professions except archaeology. You do get exp and rep.

Here's the thread I was participating in:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767316809?page=2#post-40
I would like to see a blue respond about this being a bug or not..