Allied races are so difficult to get for newbies.

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
I just bought BFA and wanted to play as a Nightborne, but is so difficult to get the race. I have to do a lot of things, discover stuff by my own, tons of quests and a lot of things I don't know what it is. It seems that every guide doesn't really answer my questions and I just have some pieces of a big puzzle. I like discovering new areas and stuff but this is getting too overwhelming and I don't know if I'm doing it right. What is Insurrection? What is this reputation? Why can't I fly on my manticore in Sarumar? I'm doing a lot of quests for the First Priestress in that sanctuary under the ground but I don't even know if I have to do her quests! Can someone help me? How do I complete Insurrection and get my reputation?

I'm playing on Silver Hand realm.
Your not alone in disliking the rep grinds. This is the first expansion blizzard has ever gated one of its main features behind rep grinds let alone rep grinds in non current content.
Good. That's how it's supposed to be, difficult.

You don't get everything you want.

Btw it's not even hard... took me 3 days of farming rep to unlock every races both alliance and horde and i was wayy behind on rep compared to regular players.

Git gud.
Thank God I never used any of my free boosts on Horde side. Also faction rep for me was done months ahead of everyone else. Whew.

Can't wait to meet my Mag'har buddy!
08/06/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Zoopain
Your not alone in disliking the rep grinds. This is the first expansion blizzard has ever gated one of its main features behind rep grinds let alone rep grinds in non current content.
But it's not the first time that they've gated one of its main features....considering you had to have at least one level 55* toon to make a death knight back during wrath of the lich king....or am I wrong?
08/06/2018 10:19 PMPosted by Chased

Btw it's not even hard... took me 3 days of farming rep to unlock every races both alliance and horde and i was wayy behind on rep compared to regular players.

Git gud.

It took you 3 days to get exalted with Army of the Light? #whyyoualwayslyin
I was gonna say get ready for "Its so easy" and "Git gud" comments but I guess I'm a little late on that because theres already one here..

Git gud.

How in tf did you get exalted with the alliance reps in 3 days? You must've been extremely lucky with your order missions for that.
Yep it's pretty bad.
Well man, if you want to earn things in this game you have to work for it. Ultimately, it's a time investment. You can either invest time or you can't. And if you can't, you shouldn't expect access to the same things as the guy who played the game more.
Keep in mind that these are prestige rewards meant for people who have been playing the cureent content.

So those of us who have been playing all expansion had an easier time when they were released, because we already had exalted and the achievs done.

Allied Races weren't meant to be easily obtainable for new players, because they're advertised as a reward for those playing the content already.

It'll take you roughly three weeks. Just keep finding all of the quests in Suramar and do the Withered Training and World Quests.
Yeah this is what you get for not playing during the expansion I guess. I mean as long as you play you basically unlock all of it as you went/go.

Git gud.

I know it's supposed to difficult, but they don't explain nothing, they just say you have to have to do this, this and this, but what are all these "this"? Haha. I'm basically looking for guides, YouTubers and all this kind of stuff because I'm completely new to the game and don't know anything of this, so in my opnion this is not fun because I'm just searching guides and videos to do the same, if I could receive a map for the quests, something to guide or teach me ingame it would be better. I'm basically looking and copying what other people already did, not discovering nothing by my own which is pretty sad.
08/06/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Kaiyeri
Keep in mind that these are prestige rewards meant for people who have been playing the cureent content.

So those of us who have been playing all expansion had an easier time when they were released, because we already had exalted and the achievs done.

Allied Races weren't meant to be easily obtainable for new players, because they're advertised as a reward for those playing the content already.

It'll take you roughly three weeks. Just keep finding all of the quests in Suramar and do the Withered Training and World Quests.

Cool. What is Whitered Training?
08/06/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Domoes

Git gud.

Never said i started from scratch. I was just behind on everything because i took a break early legion amd came back at the end.
People can be dicks, but don't be afraid to take it to boards for any questions that aren't getting answers! I've done rep grinds for both currently available Alliance races so I might be able to answer a thing or two. :)

Git gud.

3 days? I call shenanigans. Took me 3 days of solid 6-7 hours just to get to honored.. to the point that my wife, who normally leaves me alone, or plays with me was getting mad. So yeah, don't lie.
08/06/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Valynnis
Well man, if you want to earn things in this game you have to work for it. Ultimately, it's a time investment. You can either invest time or you can't. And if you can't, you shouldn't expect access to the same things as the guy who played the game more.

I agree, it is just that they don't explain well these things for new players, in my opnion. Or maybe I'm just dumb haha.
08/06/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Chased
08/06/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Domoes

Never said i started from scratch. I was just behind on everything because i took a break early legion amd came back at the end.

So your saying it took you significantly longer than 3 days?

Yeah, finished my Army training in 1 day, not counting the last 12 months.