Let me pay to play allied race

General Discussion
I was one of those believed upon BFA launch we would get to play as allied races. I guess I was wrong based on atmosphere of forums.

Let me pay dollars to play one of allied races. I do NOT want to spend my time on old contents especially fresh expansion is being released. Because being exalted takes too much time, I rather pay.
You pay to play the game as it is.

Paying to unlock content already within the game is a bad direction to take any MMO in, and is the first step to an avalanche of Pay2Win content.
Play the game as intended, rep grinds aren't even difficult nowadays.
Sad when this stuff comes from long time players, and so many claim it's newer players who want to ruin the game.

/sigh
hahaha just do the rep grind instead of complaining
No. Earn your races like everyone else.
08/04/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Mylinea
Paying to unlock content already within the game is a bad direction to take any MMO in, and is the first step to an avalanche of Pay2Win content.
I think they should drop the rep requirements and just have it be quest requirements. If you complete the story line, there is no point in gating them behind a rep grind, particularly when half of the races will be gated behind old content.

And this is coming from someone who already grinded out all 4 currently available allied races. I have little really to gain here. It's just the right thing to do.

It will upset some people, clearly, but the OP's suggestion also is not bad. I don't personally have a problem with paid unlocks of allied races. Some people work 40 hours a week or more, or otherwise simply don't play this game obsessively, and want to be able to enjoy it at the same or similar level as those who sit in front of their computer the majority of their time. Now clearly, if you want things like great gear you have to work for them, but having allied races does not give you an actual advantage of any kind, so I frankly don't see the problem in allowing those people with money to contribute to the game's development by pay unlocking them.
Complete the main Storyline / Have the achievement
Be at least Revered
Own BFA
I have access to all of the available allied races.

Let's say someone resubs next weekend after missing legion and wants to play a void elf. I think once BfA launches a rep grind involving legion content would be painful - if the allied race is part of BfA content that you resubbed for I don't have a problem with everyone having to do the grind. But I think having to grind old content that you may not have been here for when you want to play the current expansion would be very annoying.

I would not care a bit if there was some alternative access method for allied races that had to be unlocked in previous expansions. Im not into the 'I did it so you have to na na na so there' response. It doesn't affect me nor do I need the alternative access method.
08/04/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Hephaestus
I think they should drop the rep requirements and just have it be quest requirements. If you complete the story line, there is no point in gating them behind a rep grind, particularly when half of the races will be gated behind old content.

And this is coming from someone who already grinded out all 4 currently available allied races. I have little really to gain here. It's just the right thing to do.

It will upset some people, clearly, but the OP's suggestion also is not bad. I don't personally have a problem with paid unlocks of allied races. Some people work 40 hours a week or more, or otherwise simply don't play this game obsessively, and want to be able to enjoy it at the same or similar level as those who sit in front of their computer the majority of their time. Now clearly, if you want things like great gear you have to work for them, but having allied races does not give you an actual advantage of any kind, so I frankly don't see the problem in allowing those people with money to contribute to the game's development by pay unlocking them.

The problem with doing something like "you can grind or you can buy" is that they could easily turn the switch and starting making p2p only races. Or you could look at some wargaming examples, like world of tanks, warthunder, where the grind becomes too absurd that the 'buy option' turn out to be 'not really an option'.

I do agree with droping the requirements tho. I think that quest only is reasonable.
08/04/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Preja
I was one of those believed upon BFA launch we would get to play as allied races. I guess I was wrong based on atmosphere of forums.

Let me pay dollars to play one of allied races. I do NOT want to spend my time on old contents especially fresh expansion is being released. Because being exalted takes too much time, I rather pay.

I guess if you do not want to spend time on them then you do not want them, either. Sometimes you have to put in effort for things you want.

Dear God please do NOT make allied races purchasable. I am fine with the mounts and pets but do not go this far.
08/04/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Dredg
No. Earn your races like everyone else.

I 'member when races, allied or whatever the hell you wanna call 'em, came with the expansion. You 'member? Ah... but then came the evil Played Metric Demon who wants to eat your time. Maybe they'll make it a raid boss soon then after we slay that vile beast there will be no more gating of our time. Yah dig?

I was talking with my husband a few days ago and we had a good giggle. Way back when at the dawn of vanilla the main argument was casual vs hardcore raider and Blizzard favored the latter. I think it was Tseric who said they liked casuals better 'cause they paid the same but used the game less so made more money off them. Oh how times have changed.
You're already paying to play as them, you still have to do this too.
Well Suramars entire questline is gated behind rep they would have to change the way that worked.
08/04/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Preja
I was one of those believed upon BFA launch we would get to play as allied races

so... instead of doing the content while it was current, you chose to not do it in the hope you'd be able to get the rewards without the effort?
Nope. Want the Allied Races? Do the unlock.
It seems really silly to have a BfA feature locked behind Legion content, especially for recently returned players wanting to play BfA.

I guess I will wait until 8.1 (or whenever) until Bliz reduces the requirement.
08/04/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Cerberus
It seems really silly to have a BfA feature locked behind Legion content, especially for recently returned players wanting to play BfA.

I guess I will wait until 8.1 (or whenever) until Bliz reduces the requirement.

They have said future expansions, so it's gonna be longer than 8.1. Also, in the time that you are waiting, there are going to be even more allied races added and guess what? You will have to unlock them as well if you want them.