Shadowmeld nerfed?

General Discussion
Was shadowmeld nerfed recently? I have been stuck in combat several times lately and shadowmeld isn't dropping agro.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Actually, yeah. I noticed it a few times yesterday.

It hasn't been changed on purpose, so could be a bug.
08/06/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Policy
Was shadowmeld nerfed recently? I have been stuck in combat several times lately and shadowmeld isn't dropping agro.

I know it no longer works during raid boss battles. They nerfed it even more? I hope it is just bugged.
I've noticed shadowmeld not dropping combat as well as feign death often enough. I just ignore it now and wait, assuming it's a bug. I'll start logging it though.
It doesn't always drop threat, especially if you've got dots, a bodyguard.. or just bad timing.
It's not just shadowmeld. Vanish is doing it as well. The pre-patch brought back ye olde vanish bug.
To be fair my hunter and rogue have the same issue with feign death and vanish.
All stealth and aggro drops were nerfed, it's actually a serious issue for rogues. There are multiple threads about Rogues being randomly de-stealthed even if they don't get pulled into combat or have a debuff.
Don't think it's nerf so much as a bug. Even without combat doing abilities you can be stuck in combat indefinitely.
Pretty sure this bug happens every pre-patch. Not sure what janky code Shadowmeld uses but it breaks every single time.
This is a bug.
I would honestly suggest making a post over on the Bug Report Forums* with as much detail as possible on when this happens. What you have agro with when its happening, location, ect. Be as detailed as possible in describing when, where, and how this happens and hopefully it will get addressed sooner than later :)

* https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1012660/
I haven't noticed anything with shadowmeld or feign death.....they still work fine for me unless a DoT is on me....

Except for when I get targetted by the 3rd boss in BRH for his charge, when I shadowmeld, instead of him not charging me and instead picking another target, he immediately charges me....it still works on every other boss though.
Shadowmeld and Feign Death no longer drop PvP combat. Not sure if its intentional but it's been like this since 7.2 or 7.3?
08/06/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Policy

Blizzard broke stealth during prepatch and never got around to fixing it. they still havent fixed the you are in combat bug which has gotten worse.
yeah fd is picking agro back up about 1/3 of the time after dropping it
Shadowmeld, same for me, I can cast it and the stuff just keeps bearing on me as if I had done nothing. No DoTs.
In BGs I’ve also been able to detect rogues within 5yds and see them easily as a shadowed outline. I thought my hunter tracking was allowing this but it’s on Druid as well.
If this stays the same for every class then I’m fine with it because I hate all rogues.
Shadowmeld only keeps getting worse each expansion. With each expansion launch, it seems to work slightly less each time. It barely works how you want it to lol.

I remember back in WOTLK it used to work so nicely.