Bye Bye Horde, Onward to the Alliance

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
08/04/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Guuraht
The change you noticed I still believe is control by the Litch, under his influence a full scale war is triggered, the scourge rise again creating a third faction in the war setting up the next expansion for being Wrath 2.0.

Just how I'm reading the story so far.
But for those choosing to jump ship from the mighty horde... Bye! Have a beautiful time!

There is no choice right now to oppose the dark lady other than just to switch to Alliance.

I would have loved if we had been given the chance to oppose the dark lady, but unfortunately we have no choice but to follow her and this is something i can't bring myself to do anymore

... so noble.

/eyeroll
08/04/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Lylithra
When all of the "OMG! My Warchief was mean to the enemy" members of the horde reroll, the remaining horde will finally have the Faction Pride promised.

The sooner you leave, the sooner we can get around to that, so...bye.

There was no 'enemy'. Anduin wants peace and cooperation to heal Azeroth. Even the Horde's races wanted that.

The mental gymnastics here are industrial strength.
30 dollars because of a fictional story?

Your money....
08/04/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Hickenbottom
30 dollars because of a fictional story?

Your money....

I can afford it xD
08/04/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Pox
TLDR; Soyboy found where he belongs.

Soyboys are the type of people who defend their waifu no matter what instead of having a spine.
08/04/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Caspery
08/04/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Lylithra
When all of the "OMG! My Warchief was mean to the enemy" members of the horde reroll, the remaining horde will finally have the Faction Pride promised.

The sooner you leave, the sooner we can get around to that, so...bye.

There was no 'enemy'. Anduin wants peace and cooperation to heal Azeroth. Even the Horde's races wanted that.

Actually, the mental Gymnastics required to get so incredibly bent over a Video Game are what is truly stunning, lol
War is not about your leaders. It is about the guy next to you. Band of Brothers and all that.
Haters are going to hate, edgelords have to be their edgy, condescending selves, but the thing is -

Nehgrosh, I did it too. I had just spent months moving my whole play team over to the Horde because I was looking forward to Zandalari trolls. It took me that long to earn enough tokens. Imagine my grief, if you will.

The saddest part? It wasn't about pixels or stories, it was about what horde players - my own faction - were saying about the burning bodies and what they were going to do to them. It was thoroughly disgusting and I wanted no part of it. Just because "it's a game" doesn't make it ok to say those things.

You see, those people, the people saying these disgusting things, may be talking about a game, but they are saying things that are way, way out of bounds for anyone who is actually human.

So yeah, I went back to my "care bears." I'm sure no Horde will miss me; I would doubt any even noticed I joined. What I am sure of is that some will gloat and demean me for leaving due to the vile things they are saying.

Oh well, I won't miss them either.
08/04/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Brænnuð
08/04/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Caspery

Actually, the mental Gymnastics required to get so incredibly bent over a Video Game are what is truly stunning, lol

Why you guys keep using the "its just a video game" card all the time.
"You look bent out of shape because of a video game story". We're all wasting our times on a online forum because of a video game, stop using this argument like it means anything.
I switched this character over as well. Decided that it was extremely out of character and switched over. Will switch back once the horde finds its roots again.
See ya Snowflakes.

MAKE AZEROTH GREAT AGAIN! #MAGA
I switched some years ago (still learning where stuff is) but man after going to my garrison for the first time I was like lawl this is how the other half live! “No more huts, no more huts”.

As for the story, boy king or crazy woman, I’m married so I can deal with crazy women it is interesting to see the divide in RL people over it.

Welcome.
Welcome Nehgrosh!

We have cookies and waffles by the mage tower every morning in Stormwind.

Come join us and find faithful new friends :)
Welcome to the Alliance, friend!

Here is a song I personally wrote, about our beloved faction:

Intro:
Father oh father, are you proud of me?
Mother oh mother, can you see?
That I am fighting here
Never giving into fear
Serving the banner
Of a brand… new dawn…
Chorus:
Blooded we stand
Upon this broken land!
We are the Alliance,
And we give the Horde defiance
We raise our hand to rid the blight
Never before have we lost our light
The new age has come,
So ready for our drums
We are the Alliance!
The strongest of this world
We are the Alliance!
The greatest through and through
We are the Alliance!
The Horde shall have defiance!
Verse:
Teldrassil is burning…
Lordaeron is churning…
My whole world keeps turning,
But something stays clear and something stays dear… that my friends…
Is my cause…
Our belief is just
And our flame won’t bust
Chorus:
We are the Alliance!
And we give the Horde defiance
We are the Alliance, we raise our hands
We rid the world of the blight and never have we lost our light
The new age has come,
So ready or our drums
We are the Alliance!
The strongest of them all
We are the Alliance!
The bearers of the torch
We are the Alliance!
Never shall we fold
Outro:
Blooded blades beckon, for our time... is nigh
Oh mother, oh father
I know now... are you proud... of me?
I've been and always will be horde. Over all these years I've managed to get an ally player to level 27, and it felt... gross.
I don't agree with the politics going on in my country right now, but that doesn't mean I would turn against my fellow people...
What bothers me the most is the idea that there are so many people who don't agree with sylvanas but are faithful to the horde, and then there are some people who (before the story even actually begins... it is prepatch, after all...) are jumping over to the othe side.
So now there are people who used to call themselves horde who will be fighting against the horde, including those who share the same opposition towards sylvanas.
The idea of running around killing orcs and trolls whom I yesterday called my brothers and sisters is hard for me to stomach, and it won't un-burn the tree.

I'm not a huge fan of sylvanas' recent actions, but I'm horde for life, and I'm definitely sticking with those in the same boat as me.

On a different note, I think blizzard have done an awesome job of getting the two factions at each other's throats, can't wait to see how all this unfolds...
08/04/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Brænnuð

Why you guys keep using the "its just a video game" card all the time.
"You look bent out of shape because of a video game story". We're all wasting our times on a online forum because of a video game, stop using this argument like it means anything.

Sure. When you stop acting like cartoon characters dying means anything.

You see, what we are stating is actually true. It is only a game and there really is not any rational or logical reason to be so upset over what characters within the game do or how they do it. It's you guys acting like a second Holocaust just happened, (yes, I've seen that comparison made, along with references to Hiroshima and all sorts of actual, real life tragedies).

Most of us aren't necessarily "defending" any of these events. We're merely laughing at how completely ridiculous your reactions are.
But... Zappyboi!
But...Zandalar!
But...Trolls!
But... City of Gold theme! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw9ZI5WSN0c)
As an alliance player people swaping from Horde to Ally because of Sylvanas seems similiar to people "Moving to Canada" just because their candidate lost.
Give it time, if anything that Saurfang Cinematic should give every Horde player hope. I for one recentely bought a new Max level char to unlock Mag'Har
I think both sides are fun to play and have always seen the horde as the evil invading monsters and the alliance as the defending heroes.

I always thought it was straight forward story line and still surprised to read why people don't see the horde as evil.
08/04/2018 05:56 AMPosted by Syvikh
I've been and always will be horde. Over all these years I've managed to get an ally player to level 27, and it felt... gross.
I don't agree with the politics going on in my country right now, but that doesn't mean I would turn against my fellow people...
What bothers me the most is the idea that there are so many people who don't agree with sylvanas but are faithful to the horde, and then there are some people who (before the story even actually begins... it is prepatch, after all...) are jumping over to the othe side.
So now there are people who used to call themselves horde who will be fighting against the horde, including those who share the same opposition towards sylvanas.
The idea of running around killing orcs and trolls whom I yesterday called my brothers and sisters is hard for me to stomach, and it won't un-burn the tree.

I'm not a huge fan of sylvanas' recent actions, but I'm horde for life, and I'm definitely sticking with those in the same boat as me.

On a different note, I think blizzard have done an awesome job of getting the two factions at each other's throats, can't wait to see how all this unfolds...

Thats the point. Those people changing faction does really care about the horde.
They want to be on the 'wining team'. Don't want to face any kind of strugle. I, personally, don't see anything wrong with what Sylvannas is doing. The best example for me is Garrosh, who clearly only cared about the orcs, and hoped that the horde were only orcs. Even tho that really bothered me, i never once thought about changing sides. Clearly Sylvannas gonna have the same fate as Garrosh (is really a pattern at this point), and i will have to kill yet another warchief. At least i can enjoy this moment where our aggressions is focused at the alliance, not ourselfs.