Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
08/04/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Pox
TLDR; Soyboy found where he belongs.

Funny since most horde players fit the stereotype of soyboy
-easily triggered
-cringe worhty
-fanatical devotion to a faction of a game
-even more fanatical devotion to its leader
soyboy = fanboy which the horde has by the truck load.
08/04/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Seranida
Haters are going to hate, edgelords have to be their edgy, condescending selves, but the thing is -

Nehgrosh, I did it too. I had just spent months moving my whole play team over to the Horde because I was looking forward to Zandalari trolls. It took me that long to earn enough tokens. Imagine my grief, if you will.

The saddest part? It wasn't about pixels or stories, it was about what horde players - my own faction - were saying about the burning bodies and what they were going to do to them. It was thoroughly disgusting and I wanted no part of it. Just because "it's a game" doesn't make it ok to say those things.

You see, those people, the people saying these disgusting things, may be talking about a game, but they are saying things that are way, way out of bounds for anyone who is actually human.

So yeah, I went back to my "care bears." I'm sure no Horde will miss me; I would doubt any even noticed I joined. What I am sure of is that some will gloat and demean me for leaving due to the vile things they are saying.

Oh well, I won't miss them either.

Please tell me this is a joke.. for the love of God
08/04/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Alkamaeus
Haha all the triggered Horde feeling victimized yet again because OP decided he cares about the story, and doesn't enjoy seeing his character represent genocide and mass slaughter of innocents. Good on you OP for standing for something. Trust me, Saurfang's thoughts ain't far from yours.

yeah I mean the way I look at are charters don't burn it sylvanas dose and we were tricked into helping her do it since all of us (well most of us) just figured hey were gonna go take it over and let civis go about there day.

Why you guys keep using the "its just a video game" card all the time.
"You look bent out of shape because of a video game story". We're all wasting our times on a online forum because of a video game, stop using this argument like it means anything.

Sure. When you stop acting like cartoon characters dying means anything.

You see, what we are stating is actually true. It is only a game and there really is not any rational or logical reason to be so upset over what characters within the game do or how they do it. It's you guys acting like a second Holocaust just happened, (yes, I've seen that comparison made, along with references to Hiroshima and all sorts of actual, real life tragedies).

Most of us aren't necessarily "defending" any of these events. We're merely laughing at how completely ridiculous your reactions are.

The irony of your post is that you're literally here on a video game forum telling people "It's just a game duuuude!" Haha, acting like us pointing out an obvious narrative point and feeling invested in the story is something that's out of the ordinary. What's out of the ordinary is that you feel so insecure about the narrative, you feel you can't invest yourself in it whatsoever. While lurking on the forums of said game. Lol.
08/04/2018 07:15 AMPosted by Brænnuð

Now you're projecting. All i said is the "its just a game" argument is stupid on the context of a game forum. People here wants to talk about the game like it really matters. All you're doing is trying to diminish his passion to his hobby, which imo is very arrogant and rude.

Me thinks you don't know what "projecting" is but whatever.

As far as arrogant and rude?? I have no qualms with people being passionate. I take no issue with someone switching to another faction because they are unhappy with the state and direction of the one they are currently in. What I have a problem with is all the faux rage and virtue signaling being spewed from soap boxes as if this has actually caused severe emotional trauma. That's arrogant and rude. It's called "First World Problems" and it's just laughable.

If it actually is causing the level of emotional and/or moral discomfort that some of these people claim? They need to not bother faction changing and seek professional help because.... you guessed it! It's just a video game.

Now, i have to come clean and reveal that indeed i do not know what 'projecting' means, you got me there sir. I would appreciate if you didn't english shame me.
I'm glad that all the discussion we had was just a misunderstanding. Glad that we solved that, now we can go on with our days without think bad things of each other and focusing on killing alliance member. Thank you Mr.Brænnuð. Hope we can argue over nothing again some day, i really enjoyed it. =)
08/04/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Seranida
Haters are going to hate, edgelords have to be their edgy, condescending selves, but the thing is -

Nehgrosh, I did it too. I had just spent months moving my whole play team over to the Horde because I was looking forward to Zandalari trolls. It took me that long to earn enough tokens. Imagine my grief, if you will.

The saddest part? It wasn't about pixels or stories, it was about what horde players - my own faction - were saying about the burning bodies and what they were going to do to them. It was thoroughly disgusting and I wanted no part of it. Just because "it's a game" doesn't make it ok to say those things.

You see, those people, the people saying these disgusting things, may be talking about a game, but they are saying things that are way, way out of bounds for anyone who is actually human.

So yeah, I went back to my "care bears." I'm sure no Horde will miss me; I would doubt any even noticed I joined. What I am sure of is that some will gloat and demean me for leaving due to the vile things they are saying.

Oh well, I won't miss them either.

sucks you had that experience most people on my server are super chill and awesome on horde
08/04/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Neghrosh
Lok'tar ogar, Glory to the Alliance!

Keep your "glory" and your "honor" crap Horde-side. Didn't you see the Saurfang and Zappyboi cinematic? At the end of the day glory and honor leaves you empty and cynical, and if you survive that long you figure out it was all just mindless destruction for no purpose.

At least Sylvanas has a reason for breaking bad -- she was broken, against her will, and turned into a monster. Saurfang chose his path.

Not saying Alliance is much better (also since I'm a DK I can't judge anyone's chosen evils), but so far at least they haven't been infected by this "glory" and "honor" crap and war is a necessary evil, the necessity not making it any less evil but it just is what it is.
OMG , another "It matters" post, it's JUST like the marketing campaign Blizzard is using to promote BfA, I wonder if the two are connected...

I wonder....

Would Blizzard turn their Viral Marketing Shills onto the forums?
08/04/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Odinmar

Keep your "glory" and your "honor" crap Horde-side. Didn't you see the Saurfang and Zappyboi cinematic? At the end of the day glory and honor leaves you empty and cynical, and if you survive that long you figure out it was all just mindless destruction for no purpose.

At least Sylvanas has a reason for breaking bad -- she was broken, against her will, and turned into a monster. Saurfang chose his path.

Not saying Alliance is much better (also since I'm a DK I can't judge anyone's chosen evils), but so far at least they haven't been infected by this "glory" and "honor" crap and war is a necessary evil, the necessity not making it any less evil but it just is what it is.

,ay we kill eachother in glorius combat good sir haha
Welcome brother! Please join me in drop-kicking baby Tauren off of Thunder Bluff next week as apparently this is Blizzards idea of energizing people for BFA.
After seeing the Warbringer Cinematic where our warchief committed a genocide,

The American educational system is in tatters.

The only people who use "soyboy" seriously are basement dwelling incels that like to pretend to be "alpha" on the internet where no one can see how actually pathetic they are.
08/04/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Persefony
Its not really Sylvavas. Its a Natherazim

Jaina did tell us to beware, and it would explain why Sylvanas is acting uncharacteristically stupid and doing things like not killing Malfurion.
08/04/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Alkamaeus
Sure. When you stop acting like cartoon characters dying means anything.

You see, what we are stating is actually true. It is only a game and there really is not any rational or logical reason to be so upset over what characters within the game do or how they do it. It's you guys acting like a second Holocaust just happened, (yes, I've seen that comparison made, along with references to Hiroshima and all sorts of actual, real life tragedies).

Most of us aren't necessarily "defending" any of these events. We're merely laughing at how completely ridiculous your reactions are.

The irony of your post is that you're literally here on a video game forum telling people "It's just a game duuuude!" Haha, acting like us pointing out an obvious narrative point and feeling invested in the story is something that's out of the ordinary. What's out of the ordinary is that you feel so insecure about the narrative, you feel you can't invest yourself in it whatsoever. While lurking on the forums of said game. Lol.

Maybe work on your comprehension skills "duuuude". If you actually digest what I'm saying, it has nothing to do with not being ok with folks being invested. It's the ones that are shouting from the rooftops as if some horrific, life changing event has occurred. No insecurity at all here bubba. As i stated at the end of the post, it's laughable.
08/04/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Laurethelas
Jaina did tell us to beware, and it would explain why Sylvanas is acting uncharacteristically stupid and doing things like not killing Malfurion.

I don't know how uncharacteristic this is in terms of Sylvanas -- have you done the Silverpine quests? She keeps underestimating her enemies and keeps making tactical/strategic errors -- so in that sense the Malfurion thing was totally in character for her.
08/04/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Odinmar

I don't know how uncharacteristic this is in terms of Sylvanas -- have you done the Silverpine quests? She keeps underestimating her enemies and keeps making tactical/strategic errors -- so in that sense the Malfurion thing was totally in character for her.

and yet the Worgen home land is a ruin, she burnt down a tree and took Lorderon and held it until next week

all the allies have done is invade org with the help of the horde
After seeing the Warbringer Cinematic where our warchief committed a genocide, murdering innocent civilians, i felt ashamed of following such a warchief to battle, for the first time i felt ashamed of being part of the Horde for what they did at Teldrassil, we could have simply occupied instead of slaughtering innocent civilians, we already had won the battle but the entire slaughter took place only because she got triggered

In the cinematic i observed that she has changed, basically she did the same to Teldrassil what Arthas did to Silvermoon, it's like deep down she has become the very person she hated the most Arthas!, a female version of Arthas

She considers life as pain and hope can be destroyed, she is projecting that only because of her inability to save her own people from Arthas, she tried to destroy the hope of the Nightelves, but instead destroyed the hope of Varok Saurfang according to the Old soldiers Cinematic who started feeling hopeless until Zappy boi told him not to give up

That is not all, her actions at battle of Lordaeron where she blights our own Horde soldiers and raised them as undead, this is not acceptable

Even as a Warlock, this is too much to tolerate now.

I have decided to defect to Alliance, I will not follow Sylvanas Windrunner, i will stand against her, i will oppose her, she is not my Warchief anymore.

I will be assisting the Alliance in retaking Lordaeron and in the future battles ahead, i will stand by them.

Yea the dead tauren civilians are wondering wtf drugs ur on.
Nice, one more ally for me to kill in darkshore.
08/04/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Persefony
Its not really Sylvavas. Its a Natherazim

I will be highly annoyed if they do a "MUH PUPPETS" angle to this storyline. Whether she is loved or hated, I hope the writers have Sylvanas have her own will in all of this.
08/04/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Xathsmash

Soyboys are the type of people who defend their waifu no matter what instead of having a spine.

Confirmed. SoyBoy was detected.

OP, Can I interest you in dinner? MIND YOU!! Its chicken... no really.... That charred wood flavor.... just adds to the sweetness.