So did the Alliance really attack with 0 plan to deal with blight?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I mean I like a Deus Ex Jaina as much as the next fellow, but they really should've thought about this beforehand.
Unfortunately our high king lives in a happy-go-lucky fantasy land where everybody plays fair and would never use mean old, unfair tactics like chemical warfare. He just knew Sylvanas would never stoop so low!
They probably thought Sylvanas wouldn't stoop that low. Isn't the blight a WMD?
Well I mean gnomes have built things to remove the blight from an area. But like most things the writers don't believe gnomes exist.
Agreed. I think Anduin, being a relatively intelligent character should have thought, "Hmmm....Sylvanas....Plague. Better bring haz-mat suits!" Its not like we haven't all seen great examples of her plague in action.
I don't understand how Jaina can in less than 20 seconds remove the entire blighted field but somehow the Undercity is full of blight and we can't do anything except go home.

Deus Ex Machina bothers me.

But what bothers me the most is how inconsistent things are.
08/07/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Faruq

Biological warfare, which is a warcrime, but hey let the sylvanas waifu fanbois say "all is fair in war".

Yea...................................
Could also have done with establishing air superiority first. Let the entire Horde leadership escape in a single slow moving balloon?
Did night elves really live in a giant tree with out any thought about giant flaming fire balls raining from the sky?
Blizzard cant write a good story with sound reasoning. In order for the Alliance to lose, they have to be incompetent where it makes no sense to be.
08/07/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Grayston
I don't understand how Jaina can in less than 20 seconds remove the entire blighted field but somehow the Undercity is full of blight and we can't do anything except go home.

There are different concentrations of blight, could be that what was washed away earlier was a lesser mixture and they went all out with the city bombing.

After she deployed it in Gilneas?
08/07/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Mezx

Biological warfare, which is a warcrime, but hey let the sylvanas waifu fanbois say "all is fair in war".

Yea...................................

Yes, because it's so much more moral to use spells to freeze or burn people alive. No pain involved whatsoever, am I right?
08/07/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Grayston

Jaina has practiced frost and arcane magic since her introduction in WC3.

We have seen in the game during Cataclysm from Neptulon that water can cleanse blight, and old god taint.

Can you make the connection now?

I mean, in a world where mages can summon towering columns of flame to burn people by the score and shaman can drown whole cities, I don't think it's fair to single out the Blight (which is not the same thing as the Plague of Undeath ffs)
You’d think the alliance would have gas masks after wrathgate
08/07/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Patchs
I mean I like a Deus Ex Jaina as much as the next fellow, but they really should've thought about this beforehand.

Pretty much... and The Dark Lady dances away yet again. Through superior planning.
The more and more people point stuff out, the more I see Anduin is Blizzard's commentary on the Alliance Player Base.

He's a complete child with no plan, who gives up on a moment's notice and just whines until a Blizzard saves him.
08/07/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Hamstar
Did night elves really live in a giant tree with out any thought about giant flaming fire balls raining from the sky?

Its a world tree. Nobody would be stupid enough to destroy one, oh wait....
Jaina didn't clear the Blight. She prevented the particle spread in the air by freezing the vapors.

The Alliance didn't expect Sylvanas to nuke her own troops with the Blight.

JFC you guys are insatiable.