So did the Alliance really attack with 0 plan to deal with blight?

General Discussion
Now you see the point of it. Anduin is inexperienced and doesn't know how to win a war. However, the Alliance is still able to push the Horde out of Lordaeron despite Sylvanas' superior strategy, because they're just that much more powerful than the Horde. This is why Sylvanas wanted to go to war-- they were sitting around at the mercy of the Alliance until the day came when the Alliance decided to wipe the Horde out.
08/07/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Patchs
I mean I like a Deus Ex Jaina as much as the next fellow, but they really should've thought about this beforehand.

You. Would. Be. Correct.

Apparently, no one thought ahead to think maybe, just maybe, the Horde would Blight the crap out of them and then raise them into undeath (Arthas Much?).
08/07/2018 10:39 AMPosted by Patchs
08/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Bril
This is my biggest issue with this whole thing. How the hell have we not figured out gas masks yet?!? We see the Horde using them, what do we think they are some new Horde fashion statement? Come on gnomes!!!!
We invented hazmat suits and gas masks literal eons ago.

Blizzard just refuses to let us be useful.

It’s a rule that Gnomes are only allowed to be helpful once per expac.
Did night elves really live in a giant tree with out any thought about giant flaming fire balls raining from the sky?

Well let's be honest. There is no freaking way they could burn down a living tree the size of the world tree that quickly. I mean you are talking about a tree so large it holds a major capital and 2 towns in it's branches. One that takes you several minutes to fly around the base of. One that sits in the middle of a body of water, meaning it is well hydrated.

It is just bad story telling. It didn't matter what the NEs did, they had to die a horrible death to make the Alliance side of the story more compelling. It wouldn't have mattered if Elune herself appeared, we were doomed because a writer decided so.
08/07/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Hamstar
Did night elves really live in a giant tree with out any thought about giant flaming fire balls raining from the sky?

I always figured it was magically protected from being so easily flammable... Teldrassil's burning will always look like it a writing cop-out to me.
From now on Jaina is the plan.
08/07/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Zengashi
08/07/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Faruq
They probably thought Sylvanas wouldn't stoop that low. Isn't the blight a WMD?

I mean, in a world where mages can summon towering columns of flame to burn people by the score and shaman can drown whole cities, I don't think it's fair to single out the Blight (which is not the same thing as the Plague of Undeath ffs)

dont forget the light. It can cause a horrible burning pain if you used againts undead like the forsaken.
08/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Valdrane
No, your High King is young and inexperienced. He is going to make monumental mistakes.

He'll learn.

Remember, this is just th epre-patch, we got 2 more years for the Alliance and Horde forces to shine an dhave their moments.

We haven't even truly begun yet.

i don't think that's a valid argument. he has a war council and numerous advisors. surely SOMEONE (*cough* Genn *cough*) would have mentioned the fact that Sylvanas is likely to have plague on her side. And it's not like they knew the horde were going to be outside Lordaeron's walls when they rolled up there, so the "surely she'd forego using blight if her own soldiers are on the field" argument doesn't hold water either.

There should have been some gnomish invention or contraption brought along to clear the blight, and the horde sabotage it similar to how the alliance gets to destroy the azurite war machine, and its loss is what leads anduin to say the "So this was all for nothing?" line.
08/07/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Bril

It is just bad story telling. It didn't matter what the NEs did, they had to die a horrible death to make the Alliance side of the story more compelling. It wouldn't have mattered if Elune herself appeared, we were doomed because a writer decided so.

Thank You.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he wasn't expecting Sylvanus to use it, Blight kills Horde as well as Alliance, even Baine and Saurfang were shocked when she ordered it up
08/07/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Secunda
08/07/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Hamstar

Its a world tree. Nobody would be stupid enough to destroy one, oh wait....

It was an artificial world tree that didn't even get all of the dragon's blessings. We did the world a favor.
08/07/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Adrianv
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he wasn't expecting Sylvanus to use it, Blight kills Horde as well as Alliance, even Baine and Saurfang were shocked when she ordered it up
But it's literally all she does

Blight stuff and run away
08/07/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Seije
08/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Valdrane
No, your High King is young and inexperienced. He is going to make monumental mistakes.

He'll learn.

Remember, this is just th epre-patch, we got 2 more years for the Alliance and Horde forces to shine an dhave their moments.

We haven't even truly begun yet.

i don't think that's a valid argument. he has a war council and numerous advisors. surely SOMEONE (*cough* Genn *cough*) would have mentioned the fact that Sylvanas is likely to have plague on her side. And it's not like they knew the horde were going to be outside Lordaeron's walls when they rolled up there, so the "surely she'd forego using blight if her own soldiers are on the field" argument holds water either.

There should have been some gnomish invention or contraption brought along to clear the blight, and the horde sabotage it similar to how the alliance gets to destroy the azurite war machine, and its loss is what leads anduin to say the "So this was all for nothing?" line.

Do you honestly think ANY of them are thinking clearly right now?

I don't...

They just suffered a major loss at Teldrassil, they lost a LOT of people. They are angry and not thinking clearly. They are letting their thirst for vengeance and anger drive them.

Anger clouds judgement.

Sylvanas knew this and planned accordingly.
08/07/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Valdrane
Do you honestly think ANY of them are thinking clearly right now?

I don't...

They just suffered a major loss at Teldrassil, they lost a LOT of people. They are angry and not thinking clearly. They are letting their thirst for vengeance and anger drive them.

Anger clouds judgement.

Sylvanas knew this and planned accordingly.
Okay but you have Gnomes.

Gnomes are always thinking clearly.
08/07/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Mezx
08/07/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Faruq
They probably thought Sylvanas wouldn't stoop that low. Isn't the blight a WMD?

Biological warfare, which is a warcrime, but hey let the sylvanas waifu fanbois say "all is fair in war".

Yea...................................

Breath it in for a little bit. You’ll see things our way in due time.
08/07/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Mergo
Well I mean gnomes have built things to remove the blight from an area. But like most things the writers don't believe gnomes exist.

Nah, man! They had 1 whole gnome on that battlefield. Clearly they exist..... in small portions.
OMG so many arm chair warriors with NO military experience talking about war crimes.

F.A.E Bomb Fuel Air Explosive is a type of explosive that uses oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-temperature explosion, and in practice the blast wave typically produced by such a weapon is of a significantly longer duration than that produced by a conventional condensed explosive. The fuel-air bomb is one of the best-known types of thermobaric weapons.

One of the most evil weapons ever made! I have seen the results up close it's NOT pretty................

Do most of you even know phosphorus is still used by the military.............. and it can still be used as a chemical weapon................ I spent my time in the military working on the most powerful weapons. Weapons that do things to anything they touch. To see the results up close and personal leaves a memory you never forget.

Each country even now is still using chemical weapons when they say no there not believe me they are.

War does not discriminate against
young and old
male or female
buildings or nature
water air and ground
War and death do not discriminate because both have no ability to tell the difference between a good person or a bad person.
War is all about equal opportunity
War is a profit.

Think on that people
Here's my question: Does the Alliance have anything to protect themselves from new plague? I don't think just regular ol' HAZMAT suits protect from it.
Zerging is our new strat.

Tune in next week Horde fans, where you'll witness numerous Worgen diving repeatedly into a shield that literally kills them much like the mindless Withered of Suramar.
I'm shocked that Genn, who has been on the receiving end of blight during the battle for Gilneas didn't think to prepare for the possibility Slyvanas would use blight.