So did the Alliance really attack with 0 plan to deal with blight?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
08/07/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Renat
Zerging is our new strat.

Tune in next week Horde fans, where you'll witness numerous Worgen diving repeatedly into a shield that literally kills them much like the mindless Withered of Suramar.

What, so now we're stealing the Orcs strategy from Ashenvale?

Seriously, that entire race has one brain combined, and it only exists in the dude who just got captured.
08/07/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Renat
Zerging is our new strat.

Tune in next week Horde fans, where you'll witness numerous Worgen diving repeatedly into a shield that literally kills them much like the mindless Withered of Suramar.

Would not surprise me with the craptastic writing the company has shown. Hell I don't think any of them really know anything about chemical bio weapons. Even in the most simple terms or the really long term effects. No matter how much you clean and remove there is no real cure but time.
08/07/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Mezx
08/07/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Faruq
They probably thought Sylvanas wouldn't stoop that low. Isn't the blight a WMD?

Biological warfare, which is a warcrime, but hey let the sylvanas waifu fanbois say "all is fair in war".

Yea...................................

This is Azeroth, they don't play by the same rules our world in 2018 does. The fact that you're comparing stuff like this in a game to real life shows how far you'd go to make yourself feel better. That's one of the main reasons your whole faction sucks *** and is extremely boring to be part of.

Can't say I'm surprised of how stupid your comment was, Alliance and all.
08/07/2018 11:55 AMPosted by Awkward
What, so now we're stealing the Orcs strategy from Ashenvale?

Seriously, that entire race has one brain combined, and it only exists in the dude who just got captured.

But yet that one brain cell just made the alliance look pretty damn stupid.
08/07/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Hamstar
Did night elves really live in a giant tree with out any thought about giant flaming fire balls raining from the sky?

What catapult could launch anything to the top of Teldrassil from Darkshore? lmfao this is a world with so many magical means of destruction and Blizz went with catapults destroying a colossal tree surrounded by ocean. HAHAHA

08/07/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Mythlos
Jaina didn't clear the Blight. She prevented the particle spread in the air by freezing the vapors.

The Alliance didn't expect Sylvanas to nuke her own troops with the Blight.

JFC you guys are insatiable.

Why would they just write off the possibility that Sylvanas might use her most terrifying, destructive weapon? You can't convince me that that makes sense.

08/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Valdrane
No, your High King is young and inexperienced. He is going to make monumental mistakes.

Yeah, it's not like he has thousands-of-years-old advisors at his side or anything. rofl

Biological warfare, which is a warcrime, but hey let the sylvanas waifu fanbois say "all is fair in war".

There are no warcrimes in Azeroth. Players and npcs regularly torture, mind #@*#@%!#, abuse, enslave, kill, and all that other stuff. Calling it a warcrime is laughable. As terrible as Garrosh is his trial had no real basis in Azeroth unless the question is "did he go to war" in which case it should take like 2 seconds.
08/07/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Eildari
Agreed. I think Anduin, being a relatively intelligent character should have thought, "Hmmm....Sylvanas....Plague. Better bring haz-mat suits!" Its not like we haven't all seen great examples of her plague in action.

I'd been wondering for some time about Sylvanas' mysterious little smile at Anduin in the BfA main cinematic. She seems almost pleased to see him on the battlefield. It's hard to ever know what's going on in that head of hers.

After some contemplation I venture this theory - she is pleased with the fact that the Alliance is now ruled by a green boy with lots of Valor! and Earnestness! but little experience in battle tactics. It just makes this all more entertaining for her.

Sure he has advisors, but does he listen to them all the time? Hard to say, I don't play my alliance toons very often.
08/07/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Lockoclock
There are no warcrimes in Azeroth.

Don't try to argue there are so many mary sues playing this game and trying to inject real life into it. It was never like this in 2007 when I started playing and seems to be a recent thing.
There are no warcrimes in Azeroth. Players and npcs regularly torture, mind #@*#@%!#, abuse, enslave, kill, and all that other stuff. Calling it a warcrime is laughable. As terrible as Garrosh is his trial had no real basis in Azeroth unless the question is "did he go to war" in which case it should take like 2 seconds.

There's literally a book called War Crimes. Guess what it's about.
08/07/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Clawfang
Did night elves really live in a giant tree with out any thought about giant flaming fire balls raining from the sky?

I always figured it was magically protected from being so easily flammable... Teldrassil's burning will always look like it a writing cop-out to me.

Seriously.

It's a growing, green tree. Have you ever tried to burn green wood?
Anduin being young and inexperienced, I can see him not thinking of that possibility. However, he's surrounded by some pretty grizzled vets that would have brought that up in council.

Edit: Most obviously Genn, who has first hand experience with that particular nastiness.
08/07/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Rathenelatt
You’d think the alliance would have gas masks after wrathgate

War of Thorns + Huge Inconsistencies.

Yeah, they go together.

When even the casual viewer can spot plot holes large enough to fly a ship through ... it doesn't speak well for Blizzard's writing team.
08/07/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Newoopee

Non existent war crimes. It's literally in my response.

She just killed a bunch of civilians. It's more like they thought "well surely sylvanas would use blight in her own city that she takes pride in." Btw it's not the last horde will use tactics like that to harm the horde wait until you what happens on the launch of bfa :^).
08/07/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Lockoclock
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Non existent war crimes. It's literally in my response.

The canonical book named War Crimes, which deals with Garrosh's trial for atrocities he committed in wartime, is actually not about war crimes because they don't exist in Azeroth? OK, bud. You're beyond help.
08/07/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Secunda

Its a world tree. Nobody would be stupid enough to destroy one, oh wait....

Let us be Honest, the only people who even really care about the World Tree are Night Elves.

The World would turn just fine for all the other races if the World Trees never existed. In fact the only real reason they were a thing was to give Night Elves Immortality.
Hard to know she would blight her own troops. I mean, we the players know she would go that low but maybe they thought more highly of her?
I think the Rouges the Alliance sent into the Undercity were meant to figure out what plans Sylvanas had for using Blight, but they ran into the arriving Horde reinforcements and were wiped out.
08/07/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Tsar
Hard to know she would blight her own troops. I mean, we the players know she would go that low but maybe they thought more highly of her?
I don't think any Alliance thinks highly of Sylvanas
instead, Anduin calls out to Jaina, who's leading a large force of Alliance mages that have been channeling and powering up an ice-spell to clear the field for the Blight they knew would be coming? .

On the money there.

And for Sylvanas, they just needed her to get an Old God vision of the horde's destruction by the Alliance with Azerite to commit her to this over-the-top scorched-earth mindset. And she should be a smart enough leader to keep her general's in line, not just do stuff that she knows they will (eventually) revolt over.