So did the Alliance really attack with 0 plan to deal with blight?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
08/07/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Melisanti
I think the Rouges the Alliance sent into the Undercity were meant to figure out what plans Sylvanas had for using Blight, but they ran into the arriving Horde reinforcements and were wiped out.

Easily the best part of the scenario, dirty alliance rogues getting theirs...!
08/07/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Fixilocks
I think the Rouges the Alliance sent into the Undercity were meant to figure out what plans Sylvanas had for using Blight, but they ran into the arriving Horde reinforcements and were wiped out.

I enjoyed the part where we... um...

I guess we killed some trolls?
08/07/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Fixilocks

Rude
Bum
08/07/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Bril
It is just bad story telling. It didn't matter what the NEs did, they had to die a horrible death to make the Alliance side of the story more compelling. It wouldn't have mattered if Elune herself appeared, we were doomed because a writer decided so.

Though, Horde had a ton of 1-goblin zeps and kegs of azerite-laced gunpowder. The devs could have at least pretended to make the burning realistic, and had it be the result of a massive bombing run, dropping exploding kegs throughout the tree, instead of 5 pound bags of burning pitch shot by catapults of infinite range.

Of course, I suppose a bombing run would have required more planning than "Burn it!"
08/08/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Hardwire
08/07/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Bril
It is just bad story telling. It didn't matter what the NEs did, they had to die a horrible death to make the Alliance side of the story more compelling. It wouldn't have mattered if Elune herself appeared, we were doomed because a writer decided so.

Though, Horde had a ton of 1-goblin zeps and kegs of azerite-laced gunpowder. The devs could have at least pretended to make the burning realistic, and had it be the result of a massive bombing run, dropping exploding kegs throughout the tree, instead of 5 pound bags of burning pitch shot by catapults of infinite range.

Of course, I suppose a bombing run would have required more planning than "Burn it!"
I think it's implied that the burning was more involved than those catapults, but showing more would've messed with the pacing of the cinematic.