The Vindicaar & Teldrassil

Story Forum
So the Prophet Velen is blessed with the gift of sight, and he is in control of a giant weaponized space craft filled with the newly trained Army of the Light who pledged their allegiances to the Alliance. How did one of the greatest prophets not foresee the burning of Teldrassil and send troops to bolster the Alliance defenses? Better yet he could have just blasted the Horde troops to ashes with his giant laser cannon.
Should we not expect for the Vindicaar to be used as a weapon against the Horde in future battles? At the very least the ship could be used to help transport troops to and from kalimdor.
Is it cool to curbstomp the Horde? No. Is it cool to exterminatus Undercity? No.

You know what's cool? Siege towers with cannons and trebuchets, huge battles with lots of infantry, and epic heroes punching each other in the face.

If it isn't cool it's pointedly ignored by Blizzard.
08/05/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Vyrael
Is it cool to curbstomp the Horde? No. Is it cool to exterminatus Undercity? No.

You know what's cool? Siege towers with cannons and trebuchets, huge battles with lots of infantry, and epic heroes punching each other in the face.

If it isn't cool it's pointedly ignored by Blizzard.

You should work for Blizzard.
That weak spaceship can barely shoot through small doors on Argus. Acting like it has the power to do anything significant at all keeps coming up, but has no basis. With it's speed, the Vindicaar is only just a really good troop transport, which.... oh, I see your point now, huh...
Maybe its out of Fuel or the Horde PC sabotaged out after the last raid?

I mean surely the Horde PC knows firsthand how powerful it is nd leaving it in the hands of the Alliance is bad for the Horde.
08/05/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Buzlightbeer
So the Prophet Velen is blessed with the gift of sight, and he is in control of a giant weaponized space craft filled with the newly trained Army of the Light who pledged their allegiances to the Alliance. How did one of the greatest prophets not foresee the burning of Teldrassil and send troops to bolster the Alliance defenses? Better yet he could have just blasted the Horde troops to ashes with his giant laser cannon.
Should we not expect for the Vindicaar to be used as a weapon against the Horde in future battles? At the very least the ship could be used to help transport troops to and from kalimdor.

Maybe they're worried the Vindicaar would get blasted out of the sky by the Horde's new azerite weapons.
08/05/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Burgan

Maybe they're worried the Vindicaar would get blasted out of the sky by the Horde's new azerite weapons.

Hey, we got super catapults that can destroy a giant, magical tree, too.
08/05/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Burgan

At this point I'd support it, if only so I could stop hearing about how powerful the Vindicaar is.
So the Prophet Velen is blessed with the gift of sight,

Does he still have a direct link to prophecy? Does he still has blind faith in the Light? Illidan killed Xe'ra right in front of him and he overcame that quite quickly.

08/05/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Fythra
Hey, we got super catapults that can destroy a giant, magical tree, too.

Apparently this was covered in the Collector's novels, something about arcane fires and horde shamans funneling wind to further empower it.
Congratulations. You've found yet another major plot hole... *throws it in the bucket with the others*.... in this ridiculous Arthas/Garrosh rehash at the hands of the world's worst fan-fic author.
I'm pretty sure blizz is going to tell the army of the light (minus players) is on argus reclaiming all of it from the legion's grasp after we crippled antorus

Otherwise between the vindicaar and warframes they could wipe out the horde army in like 5 minutes
08/05/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Galka
That weak spaceship can barely shoot through small doors on Argus. Acting like it has the power to do anything significant at all keeps coming up, but has no basis. With it's speed, the Vindicaar is only just a really good troop transport, which.... oh, I see your point now, huh...

I like how blowing a whole into the Legion's super fortress weapon production facility has somehow been twisted into being weak by the community.
08/05/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Lena

I like how blowing a whole into the Legion's super fortress weapon production facility has somehow been twisted into being weak by the community.

Because it's an Alliance weapon, of course.
It's stuck behind a loading screen and a little boat
I hope they use the vindicaar so I can destroy it.
08/05/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Lena

"lmao ur laser can only bore through what might be the most heavily fortified door in the universe how could it possibly do anything??!" (he says, standing in an army that doesn't even wear armor)
Velen's "sight" has always been unreliable. Remember he also saw Anduin leading the charge against the Legion, with an army of all races including dragons.

He could have foreseen the attack on Teldrassil, but how is he supposed to know that was more true than the vision were Calia survives the meeting and the forsaken defectors overthrow Sylvanas?

Or the one where the Highmountian Tauren are disgusted with Sylvanas and join the Alliance?

Or the one where Sky Admiral Rogers kills Anduin for trying to make peace with the Horde?

He's seeing thousands of possible futures, and now that he isn't letting the light dictate his every action he can't even be sure which ones are good outcomes, much less which will happen.
Why did the US not use nuclear weapons in the Korean War? Why did the US not cut the Internet off when it invaded Iraq in 2003?

Why? Because it would set a dangerous precedent for the way future wars would be fought.

The Vindicaar is a massive leap forward for warfare. Its use would basically necessitate the Horde creating their own space-ship-gun-platforms, the same way the use of flying vehicles by the Horde necessitated that the Alliance create its own fleet of flying vessels.

Plus, the Vindicaar is fragile. The Army of the Light lost their big ship from but one massive surprise attack. I am sure the Alliance is wary of putting the Vindicar into the field for fear of the Horde launching a similar surprise attack. Worse, the ship could be commandeered by the Horde and then its weapons turned against the Alliance.

There are loads of justifiable reasons why the Alliance would not want to use the Vindicaar. Not least of which was that no one expected Sylvannas to burn the tree down. Even her own soldiers were flabbergasted. Darnassus could have been won back in a counter siege, which is no doubt what the Alliance was going to gear up for after it fell to Horde forces.

08/05/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Furorem
Congratulations. You've found yet another major plot hole... *throws it in the bucket with the others*.... in this ridiculous Arthas/Garrosh rehash at the hands of the world's worst fan-fic author.

You mean the author was was brought in mid-development for the expansion? You mean the author who had no real say over the general direction or plot of the beginning of the story, except to write additional materials to flesh the narrative out and make it make more sense?
His sight has become muddled he sees too many possibilities now to accurately predict anything.
08/05/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Corellon
Why did the US not use nuclear weapons in the Korean War? Why did the US not cut the Internet off when it invaded Iraq in 2003?

I promise you, in an enemy military landed Florida and fought all the way up to Washington the way the Horde did they would get nuked.

Also the laser isn't really a weapon mass destruction because it's relatively precise, just have to strafe the front lines with it a few times.