Are You Glad Warlocks are Crap now?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
The worst state I have ever seen this class in a loooong time. Tried all 3 specs last night in BGs and my God.....I really just don't have the words to express how completely pathetic this class is now, Affliction especially.

Let me ask a serious question:

If a class is one of the least mobile in the game, takes time to actually ramp their damage up, is plagued with cast timers on all but one of their CC abilities, has no front end burst....shouldn't that class be freaking tough as a damn tank????

Yet I'm getting absolutely wrecked before I can even get my rotation going. I mean for God sake I cant even get my UAs going before I am instantly locked down and ultimately dead.

This is okay with everyone? This type of design philosophy is okay?

Demo. Demo was looking so good at first and once again you guys completely gut it. I mean absolutely destroy it! The spec can't do damage anymore and soul link isn't anything of the sort. I don't know what you wanna call it but not soul link. Maybe call it "false hope" or something because it suuuuucks.

You guys just can't help it at this point I don't think. You just can't let this class be solid can you? Every damn nerf is just over the top when it comes to Warlocks and now they are just pathetic. Good job guys. Go have fun on your Rogues and Fury Warriors and Paladins because Warlocks are done. No Azerite or 10 levels is gonna correct this debacle.
Don't waste your time. They don't look at these forums so close to release.
To answer your question, yes I am glad. Warlocks are literally always good in pvp and it gets annoying ya know? Legion self healing affliction was so stupid 1v1 (which is what I assume you're complaining about).

To be more constructive, I do think all lock specs should have soul link.
all ur opinion but not a majority opinion...but its PvP fix PvE and worry about PvP next decade
Yes. Very pleased.
08/03/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Rougaroux
If a class is one of the least mobile in the game, takes time to actually ramp their damage up, is plagued with cast timers on all but one of their CC abilities, has no front end burst....shouldn't that class be freaking tough as a damn tank????

Shadow suffered from the same issues all of Legion without the toughness to compensate, so I'm not sure this argument will get the results you're hoping for.
In Legion Warlocks had specific small moments on being strong in pvp(with the exception of Affliction, its been bad in it all the way through) but it ends up being not lasting anymore then a month or two. I remember a youtuber who mained Destro in pvp quit wow over it way back in 7.0.

There were points where Destro was strong in it then nerfed immediately and then there were points where Demo were strong with Implosion cheese strat.
08/03/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Malyx
In Legion Warlocks had specific small moments on being strong in pvp(with the exception of Affliction, its been bad in it all the way through) but it ends up being not lasting anymore then a month or two. I remember a youtuber who mained Destro in pvp quit wow over it way back in 7.0.

There were points where Destro was strong in it then nerfed immediately and then there were points where Demo were strong with Implosion cheese strat.

I think you have been playing a different game than everyone else. Warlocks have been extremely hard to kill 1v1, and they have also had excellent 3v3 tournament representation the whole expansion.

I can't remember a period of time when warlocks weren't strong in arena or rbgs honestly.
08/03/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Tinieblas
Don't waste your time. They don't look at these forums so close to release.

Wait, do they ever look at these forums? lol
The worst state I have ever seen this class in a loooong time. Tried all 3 specs last night in BGs and my God.....I really just don't have the words to express how completely pathetic this class is now, Affliction especially.

I really don't have the words to express your face.
Just give every specc SL and make shadowfury instant. That would help a lot.
I had so many 1v1 in warmode and oh boy - it doesn't look good for Warlocks.

Let me ask a serious question:

Yet I'm getting absolutely wrecked before I can even get my rotation going. I mean for God sake I cant even get my UAs going before I am instantly locked down and ultimately dead.

This is okay with everyone? This type of design philosophy is okay?

Demo. Demo was looking so good at first and once again you guys completely gut it. I mean absolutely destroy it! The spec can't do damage anymore and soul link isn't anything of the sort. I don't know what you wanna call it but not soul link. Maybe call it "false hope" or something because it suuuuucks.

You guys just can't help it at this point I don't think. You just can't let this class be solid can you? Every damn nerf is just over the top when it comes to Warlocks and now they are just pathetic. Good job guys. Go have fun on your Rogues and Fury Warriors and Paladins because Warlocks are done. No Azerite or 10 levels is gonna correct this debacle.

Welcome to Spriest world.
I was going to switch to either ele shaman or Affliction lock instead of Rogue. But I’m BFA neither are a decent enough option right now.
08/03/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Pyri

Shadow suffered from the same issues all of Legion without the toughness to compensate, so I'm not sure this argument will get the results you're hoping for.

Shadow's damage was monstrous when allowed to free cast. Easily topped damage done in RBG's. No one came close to their spread pressure besides a moonkin.

Shut up man, you know nothing it seems. When Cata came out Mages were walking around one shotting everyone. Yet it was the Locks that were laughing at max level. Ever seen a Havoc Chaos bolt kill 2 people one shot people at the same time? Well I have.

How many times do we have to say it. PvP means nothing right now. People are walking around with leggos that are making them OP as can be, yet those leggo will not be working in less than 2 weeks when they hit 116 and suddenly fire mages are going to lose half of their pyroclasm pocs etc. Half, that's a big thing, fire mages right now get 2 damage shield when they blink, totaling 40% of their HP, then when they blink they get another 40%, that also will be going away. That is just one example of what will happen to many classes. So stop your crying and save it for BFA.
Being that the game is tuned around the 120 cap, without the bloated secondary stats, trinkets, set pieces and legendaries, it should come to no surprise that some specs will feel very different to what is intended for BFA endgame.

There will be much more tuning on release up until around Mythic release of Uldir while players progress to intended gear itemisation, and hopefully find balance within some of the specs that are currently lagging behind.

With that said, do not assume current spec power levels to be the intended balance as some will be adapting to pre-patch better than others.
Are You Glad Warlocks are Crap now?

Yes.

Here's an idea. You're a cloth caster with huge spread pressure. You're not supposed to be good in a 1v1. Your filler spell shouldn't heal you for what amounts to having a resto druid babysitting you. You still have 3 independently-available schools of CC and enough utility to make any other class cry.

Just find some friends to protect you and watch as you top everything. Topping the split-pressure damage AND being good in a 1v1 is, literally, having your cake and eating it too. Warlocks had their cake and ate it for close to 6 years now. It's about time they were brought down a peg.
08/05/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Lina
3 independently-available schools of CC

What?

08/05/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Lina
Just find some friends to protect you and watch as you top everything. Topping the split-pressure damage AND being good in a 1v1 is, literally, having your cake and eating it too. Warlocks had their cake and ate it for close to 6 years now. It's about time they were brought down a peg.

I think that the biggest problem right now with warlocks are that we lost too much with the artifact and we didn't receive anything in exchange. Affli DMG is WAY overturned right now and i can pretty much 1v1 any class in the game with the right legos and talents. THe problem is that both affli and destru have no defensive measures besides a 3 MIN wall and fear that chunks 15% of our max man each cast. We're really good at doing dmg, but we lack in the survivability part. We used to have a decent siphon life and some healing coming from curruption ticks besides the drain life/drain soul, and now we got nothing of that.
Even in 3s at 120 I’m full versatility/haste gear. I basically flop to two melee on me. Every major Aff lock players has commented on how gutted Aff survivability is.

The return of demon armor or soul link or something to reduce overall incoming damage (not another CD) is what Aff/destro needs.

Remember from legion, healthstone, demon skin and drain life were all nerfed. That was overkill.