Some final thoughts on ED.

Emerald Dream
1 2 3 6 Next
So, I left, just like I said I wasn't going to. "I told you so" all around. I just wanted to think out loud about some stuff and the entire server in general.

I've been on, or was on Emerald Dream a really, really long time. I've seen the peaks and valleys and everything in between, but it seems like the entire server (and game) in general is in an irreversible community downswing. The entire atmosphere of the server is nearly unrecognizable from its prime, or even what it was an expansion ago. It's ghosts now, and I miss it. The current server celebrities consist of some !@#$%^-s screaming "dead guild get destroyed idiot don't stand back up DEAD GUILD DEAD GUILD", and any semblance of RP, at least on Alliance, is non-existent.

I planned on making this thread to complain and lament about what ED has become and the people who contributed to it. I could spend an hour typing up a laundry list of reasons as to why I believe Emerald Dream is what it is now, but instead I'd rather celebrate and remember the time I've had here and the community I was a part of.

I had played WoW on my friends computer years ago during vanilla and had only recently got it on my own computer during the tail end of TBC. I remember watching the WOTLK cinematic and being beyond stoked. I haven't loved a fantasy story as much as I did the story of Arthas back in Warcraft 3, and I decided that I wanted to really dig into Warcraft's lore. I played around on another RP server I can't even remember the name of for a couple months, before finally settling on ED.

I remember one of the first jaw dropping moments for me, nearly a decade ago, was running into Stormwind and seeing a parade of Dwarves. <Clan Battlehammer>, I think. Walking around the city seeing people talking, the park district full of elves. The edgies at the Slaughtered Lamb. You couldn't turn a corner without running into something. I was enraptured. I had never experienced anything like what this server's community was on an online game before.

Joining the <Knights of Wrynn>, being Knighted in Stormwind Cathedral after my multiple months long role-play knighthood quests, with a hundred players in attendance.

Hearing names like Hinik and Heimdel. <Kingship of the East> clashing with <The Crew>.

Stoic standing on his box in the Trade District, preaching about Kaldorei racial superiority.

Kittylicious running around like a headless chicken, shouting nonsense.

Nibz AFK in the center of Stormwind or Dalaran, never logging off, like a virtual landmark.

Destrey being better than me at everything.

Heltor and Zeals jumping out of bushes and disemboweling you.

Return putting an arrow through your skull being considered an honor.

Weekly For The Alliance runs, raiding city bosses, tricking Horde groups.

<Warsong Battalion> camping Tol Barad for a month.

Ravenhul being Sin'dorei scum.

<Order of the Kaldorei>, running around in the woods standing around sticks.

Nenthus
typing like
this with
the other
goldshire duelers

Horde/Alliance holding MoP PvP vendors hostage.

Standing outside of Ogrimmar the night before Cataclysm's launch, being what I think was the largest city raid this server has ever seen.

There's so much more. So, so, so much more. The list would never end. The people, the fights, the drama, the events, the zergs, the RP. I miss it all. Emerald Dream was always seen as the bastard child of RP the realms. We weren't as fancy and full of air as Wyrmrest Accord. We weren't flooding and bursting at the seams with Moon Guard's numbers. We were dysfunctional and hormonal and unfiltered, but that's what made Emerald Dream one of the most unique online communities to have ever existed.

I lament what it is now. Maybe it's the game winding down, maybe it's people growing up and moving on, but I don't regret a second of it. I'm going to remember this entire wild trip fondly.

Apes,
together,
strong.
Best of luck man!
08/06/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Myìs
Nenthus
wearefarmers.ytmnd
This post brought out tears on me... I miss those days so badly :(

Edit* Wait... you were a dwarf... maybe race changing to a lesser race affected your perspective!
08/06/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Frinkles
This post brought out tears on me... I miss those days so badly :(

Edit* Wait... you were a dwarf... maybe race changing to a lesser race affected your perspective!

???
No I've always been a nelf.
Be the change you want to see on the server :)

They used to jump me all the time in spires
Zeals

im a rogue
I planned on making this thread to complain and lament about what ED has become and the people who contributed to it. I could spend an hour typing up a laundry list of reasons as to why I believe Emerald Dream is what it is now,

I think that would be an interesting read. Let's hear your take on this.
08/06/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Hargus

I’m still not convinced they aren’t the same person
08/06/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Maekur
08/06/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Hargus

I’m still not convinced they aren’t the same person

I used to get away all time so maybe.
YA LIVIN IN THE PAST BUDDY
I may have my nightelves mixed up because you all look the same to me, but Myis are you the NE that use to recruit for your 'church' in SW? You'd then instruct your followers to prove their faith by jumping off Stormwinds gates.
08/06/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Baelnor

Exactly.

08/06/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Nearo

Exactly.

That's the thing, he and many others didn't want change on the server, but it happened and happens anyway regardless of what we want change happens. It's not always a bad thing often it's good but they want a server that doesn't exist as it did anymore and it's not possible to take it back to those times.

Good luck Myis I hope your new server has all the milkies.
You've reminded me of an olde thread on my previous server, stormreaver.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1083609596?page=1

Its a good read! I highly recommend it, and wonder if such a thing, if it hasn't been done already, will ever be done for here.

Things may change, but what was, never has to be forgotten. Those memories are yours and live on forever in you and those who lived them as well. And don't worry, nibz is still an ED landmark. On occasion, I'll park next to him and let our Magic Roosters have a playdate.
08/06/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Zinch
I think that would be an interesting read. Let's hear your take on this.

You'd regret that.

Best of luck, Myis.
I think you made a mistake Myis
08/06/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Heltor

What mistake
08/06/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Myìs
08/06/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Heltor

What mistake
You were influenced by the end of expansion doomsayers enough to actually transfer off the best server there’s ever been