Some final thoughts on ED.

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Never set your expectations during prepatch.
@Zinch, I think part of the struggle with what you're saying (even though its right) is that the game isn't this new thing anymore. There's not a whole lot left to experience, and while blizzard continues to update quests, raids, battlegrounds, new zones/stories etc, they've left the player-based content area pretty empty and without actual support.

Sometime ago I suggested that they should open up scenarios and the mod tools to make them for RP servers to keep that aspect of the game fresh and alive. To actually have a distinct difference between these servers and the rest that isn't just a rule set.

As someone stated above, "be the change you want to see" what I think would help is a bit of a twist off of that. Enabling people to bring their campaigns and story lines to life in a dynamic way, with a constantly updated scenario system. It might make the world we've all known for so long seem a little more empty at times, but walk up RP could easily be transferred into these scenarios as well. They can get pretty big if anyone recalls the ones from MoP.
Be the change you want to see does not work when you are the only one doing it.
08/06/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Calali
I came back after a very long hiatus and ED hasn't changed much, just the names.
08/06/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Blom
Why does everyone who xfers off ED feel compelled to create a thread trash talking the server.

"This realm was only good when I played on it" good grief.

People explain why they're leaving on their old servers when they go to Emerald Dream, too. I doubt he sees it as "trash talking"; it's more explaining in what ways the server changed that caused him to leave.
08/06/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Zinch
08/06/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Bronkk
Emerald Dream still seems great to me. Shame other recognized players and guilds are leaving

It reminds me of “The List”. I hardly recognize anyone on it even though some old timers will bleep about how amazing they were and the community was.

“Recognized” players get replaced when they move on or quit. It is up to those who remain to make it the best community possible, whether they are newer folks or not.

Whining about players/guilds that are no longer here is silly. Move on without them and make new stories that you will eventually look back on and smile.

lol - I'm amazed that people still talk about the list....which in reality, it was a list designed to troll someone but then it turned into something more.

But yeah, I've been on this server since Vanilla and I've seen people come and go, but I can't say its really changed - just the names. If anything, #1 thing I noticed coming back is that the RP is definitely more rich than I remember, and people openly engage more. I sit in the same spot in stormwind every night, and someone always engages me in a very friendly way (not talking about guild invite spam ha!)
08/06/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Myìs
So, I left, just like I said I wasn't going to.

who are you ? Are you like someone from < Project Mayhem > , < The Crew >, < Kingship of the East >, or <WSB> ?

08/06/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Blom
Why does everyone who xfers off ED feel compelled to create a thread trash talking the server.

"This realm was only good when I played on it" good grief.

WRA forums are that way --->

^ yeah. this.

since a good return of me and my comrades the server seems better than ever. Sucks that you think the place sucks...but i think the server is pertty grand
If people didn't care about ED, or didn't cherish their experience in ED, they would just xfer off quietly.

Although... Yea.. xferring off was a mistake. Specially during pre-patch, make a ticket and try getting a refund.
I always disliked goodbye threads.

Just tell your friends in-game.
Maybe they want someone to talk them out of it? Maybe they are not sure it is the right thing to do.
08/08/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Boadicea
Maybe they want someone to talk them out of it? Maybe they are not sure it is the right thing to do.

If your friends went somewhere and those are the people you had fun around and feel you will be better off with them, then that's where you go. It definitely doesn't warrant a forum post. Never has.

I see so many of these and they all end up returning or never leaving. These posts never hold any weight.
08/08/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Boadicea
Doubt it all his dudes left
hey GAMERS, lets just keep CALM AND GAME ON.

ill myis u myis even if i never spoke to u
None of that was important, You forgot about Julie-Chants. and that's worst than forgetting about Dre

awwooooo!
Great post Myis.
08/09/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Himanshu
Great post Myis.
Battalion comeback imminent?
08/09/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Dipsoh
Great post Myis.

That's it! I'm gettin' me mallet!
Great post Myis.
Doubt it, Arashi just "quit". Only one thing would cause him to lose interest in WoW, and that's the true death of WSB.
Post hit me right in the feels, good luck on WrA man.
Great post Myis.

Unfortunately no.

I mean, I'd like to come back. BFA does look promising for large scaled wpvp, and I'm typically not too optimistic about expansions.

However, I've got a few offers for future employment that I'm seriously considering now which will require me to work insane hours. Leading a guild like WSB is not compatible with billing 3,000 hours in a year. As such, it would only get in the way of my future career goals. I love the guild and the greater ED community, but I can't justify sacrificing those goals for it, especially with the recent success I've had. Furthermore, after KOTE went away, I always felt like I wasting time engaging with the remaining enemy leaders who were going nowhere. That feeling has only multiplied after WOD. The remaining large scale World PvP leaders are honestly boring. There's a lack of charisma, principle, and basic intelligence that just makes the whole thing feel like a waste of time.

I'll continue to stay subscribed and engaged in the community, mainly because the $15 subscription fee is negligible when compared to all the fun It provides.

I'd also mention that while BFA looks promising, the future of Emerald Dream is not so. The drive and passion that used to fuel our world PvP is largely gone, replaced by less desirable elements. See guilds seeking to monetize their player base for personal financial gain.

I wholeheartedly agree with Mysis's sentiments. Still, if I had the time, I would probably play seriously again regardless.