What's up with hunters MM spec?

General Discussion
I keep hearing MM is the best but its just not fun for me, I prefer all the instant cast abilities of BM, I wish all class specs where just instant cast abilities, casting time isn't fun.
08/05/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Tattalia
How else are they going to push people into playing Survival? If not to make MM a terrible spec and nerf BM hard/have tons of the BM abilities not give crit like they're supposed to despite many reports?
MM has been terrible since Cata with the lone exception of 4pc T18 and they got their mobility back.

That's why you saw a lot of Survival Hunters Cata through WoD... because it played just like MM did in Wrath (I miss you 100% ArP).

08/05/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Snayk
I wish they would get rid of Steady Shot as the focus generator. What was wrong with Arcane Shot?
Steady Shot has been the focus generator for the longest time. AS has always been a spender sand Legion.
I prefer Legion MM once I wrapped my mind around the vulnerability debuffs. Steady Shot feels less like butt with more haste, and the playstyle revolves more around managing your focus.

But honestly I feel like this is a step backward. Aimed Shot being a cast is fine, it's our big hit, but without Aimed Shot, everything else hits like a wet noodle. Getting Steady Shots off in pvp is laughable, too, when your opponents can just LOS you by running in circles.
08/05/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Forums
08/05/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Tattalia
How else are they going to push people into playing Survival? If not to make MM a terrible spec and nerf BM hard/have tons of the BM abilities not give crit like they're supposed to despite many reports?
MM has been terrible since Cata with the lone exception of 4pc T18 and they got their mobility back.

That's why you saw a lot of Survival Hunters Cata through WoD... because it played just like MM did in Wrath (I miss you 100% ArP).

08/05/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Snayk
I wish they would get rid of Steady Shot as the focus generator. What was wrong with Arcane Shot?
Steady Shot has been the focus generator for the longest time. AS has always been a spender sand Legion.

Hmm, well, I didn't try out MM Hunter until Legion, and I absolutely loved it.
08/05/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Falstie

Yes it just takes way too long.

Have you been working on increasing Haste? According to some of the info I've been trying to find, Haste has a deep impact the higher it gets which should end up having a more profound effect on the speed at which you can throw your shots. More so than what we got used to in Legion.

I do agree with you that it feels a bit clunky. But, if you figure out the procs and take the appropriate talents into whatever fight you are getting into, the critical shots can be pretty nasty. Whatever nerf there was, it still seems I can hit like a truck when I get it right.

Plus, everything is a mobile cast except for aimed shot so I think with time, you may find a better groove with it once you get some Haste built up. Maybe...?

Maybe not. Personally, I didn't like it at all when I first played the new talents but as it turns out, I just didn't have a clue what I was doing. Your issue may be different but that is just my 2c. Take it as you will.
08/05/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Midlight
I prefer Legion MM once I wrapped my mind around the vulnerability debuffs. Steady Shot feels less like butt with more haste, and the playstyle revolves more around managing your focus.

But honestly I feel like this is a step backward. Aimed Shot being a cast is fine, it's our big hit, but without Aimed Shot, everything else hits like a wet noodle. Getting Steady Shots off in pvp is laughable, too, when your opponents can just LOS you by running in circles.

Exactly. You need steady shot to gain focus, but you can hardly even use it in PvP.
08/05/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Shadøw
Every dungeon I do with a hunter in it they are either BM or SV, mostly BM though.

It's rare to see a MM hunter.

That's because if they wanted to stand still and cast there's plenty of caster classes for that. Also I think icy veins had mm ranked third for bfa right now.
Survival isn't even melee now, its some weird hybrid. there's only one melee ability baseline, the rest can be used at range. none of the hunter specs seem appealing to me in bfa, I'll probably skip playing one again.
08/05/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Jasmine
08/05/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Shadøw
Every dungeon I do with a hunter in it they are either BM or SV, mostly BM though.

It's rare to see a MM hunter.

That's because if they wanted to stand still and cast there's plenty of caster classes for that. Also I think icy veins had mm ranked third for bfa right now.

Same could be said for someone who wanted to do melee I guess.
I usually have no problem with mm hunters on my boomkin but i came across 1 in one of the brawls and started casting a full moon and i was at like 20% health before full moon even finished casting. The playstyle is definitely not fun but those aimed shots hurt...
08/05/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Falstie
I'm really not one to come to the boards and complain but just wow... MM is the most not fun spec I have played in a really long time. Way too slow...really surprised that they have decided to stick with this. Probably put my hunter on the shelf for a while.

It's not super fun atm, but it is, imo, more interesting than BM (boring af) and better than SV (only because that's melee, kind of).
08/05/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Falstie
08/05/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Chongolongo
Survival is a blast tho.

But it's not ranged.

Its sort of mid range.
08/05/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Latherfal
08/05/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Falstie
But it's not ranged.

Its sort of mid range.

I haven't tried it over a year... Good to know.
I see a lot of people saying it isn’t fun but I’d just like to add that I’ve been having a blast with it.

I’m not experiencing the drawback of SS LOS in pvp, but I also haven’t been doing arena where I’m sure terrain is more of an issue.

I rarely need steady shot at allthough. I usually I get enough focus passively and from rapid fire, doubly so for when I get solid proc separation on arcane/multi and it acts as a primary filler.
I'm not a fan of MM, BM is sorta boring but alright, I feel Surv is fun but brings nothing really to a party compared to other melee but I don't fully know.

Yet shamans want to complain saying their class is dead in the water. There's other classes and specs that aren't doing so hot either.. Feral druids is another one that comes to mind.