"Alliance are the Good Guys."

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
Alliance are good guys regardless of whether someone thinks the Horde are or are not. I can't even take someone questioning this seriously. If you think the Horde are good guys then argue why instead of trying to delude yourself into thinking the Alliance are baddies.

Not that I have a problem with evil Horde. Old Horde best Horde!
11/12/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Dardillien

I will never understand any comparison of Jaina to Sylvanas, they are no where close to the same level of evil. Sylvanas has committed mass murder on several accounts, among other evil deeds like slavery and torture.

Jaina had the Purge of Dalaran where she killed like what 5 Blood Elves? People bring up how she slaughtered Blood Elves in the streets in the game, but wasn't that confirmed by a developer on twitter to be a bug? She was supposed to teleport them away and the only Blood Elves she kills are the Sunreaver guards. I could be wrong, but if that's the case I'd hardly call that mass murder like Sylvanas has done.

Then Jaina threatened to flood Orgrimmar, is that messed up? Of course it is since there were innocent civilians there, but she DIDN'T do it. That's the difference. Sylvanas has blight bombed Southshore, Gilneas, and burned down Teldrassil. She has killed thousands of innocents, Jaina hasn't.

The only think that differentiates Jaina and Sylvanas is that someone was in a position to stop Jaina. If Saurfang has stopped Sylvanas made her realize what a dumb idea it was, Alliance fans would still be calling it a crime (with justification). Of course Sylvanas was motivated by a desire for power and victory. Jaina was motivated by a desire for racist murder. You can debate which is worse (racist murder "wins" in my book) but it is hardly something to set them apart.

So of course people make the comparison. This differences between them are only external circumstances.

(I am eaving aside Janina's ethnic cleansing of Dalaran, that most of the people were killed on her orders, rather than by her direct hand, isn't much of a mitigation.)
08/05/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Randojambo
EDIT: Everyone is saying genocide, and "Muh Killing Civilians?"

I'm asking. who said its wrong? God? C'thulu? The great frog king? Who wrote this moral code

If you honestly believe that and aren't just trolling seek immediate professional help...
Alliance will always be the good guys as long as the Horde is around. If they ever somehow were dismantled or destroyed, you'd see the Alliance turn into some real Mc@ssholes
08/05/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Krakon
Even in Warcraft III, Alliance were always the aggressors and imprisoned the orcs in camps.

Even treating the Blood Elves like crap.

Odd, you think putting the mass murdering invaders in camps instead of killing them makes the alliance the aggressors. You should probably pay a tad more attention.
The great frog king
Yoooooo Dont you dare brink pepe into this.
11/14/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Tannaril
11/12/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Dardillien

I will never understand any comparison of Jaina to Sylvanas, they are no where close to the same level of evil. Sylvanas has committed mass murder on several accounts, among other evil deeds like slavery and torture.

Jaina had the Purge of Dalaran where she killed like what 5 Blood Elves? People bring up how she slaughtered Blood Elves in the streets in the game, but wasn't that confirmed by a developer on twitter to be a bug? She was supposed to teleport them away and the only Blood Elves she kills are the Sunreaver guards. I could be wrong, but if that's the case I'd hardly call that mass murder like Sylvanas has done.

Then Jaina threatened to flood Orgrimmar, is that messed up? Of course it is since there were innocent civilians there, but she DIDN'T do it. That's the difference. Sylvanas has blight bombed Southshore, Gilneas, and burned down Teldrassil. She has killed thousands of innocents, Jaina hasn't.

The only think that differentiates Jaina and Sylvanas is that someone was in a position to stop Jaina. If Saurfang has stopped Sylvanas made her realize what a dumb idea it was, Alliance fans would still be calling it a crime (with justification). Of course Sylvanas was motivated by a desire for power and victory. Jaina was motivated by a desire for racist murder. You can debate which is worse (racist murder "wins" in my book) but it is hardly something to set them apart.

So of course people make the comparison. This differences between them are only external circumstances.

(I am eaving aside Janina's ethnic cleansing of Dalaran, that most of the people were killed on her orders, rather than by her direct hand, isn't much of a mitigation.)

So Jaina retaliates for her home being mana bombed by the very faction she repeatedly spoke in favor of to her king and yet she is somehow on par with a faction that has followed not one, but two genocidal sociopaths? Cool story bro.
If you are out to annihilate the enemy faction, down to the last woman and child - anything goes - that makes you a tyrant.

If you simply want to protect your friends, family, and country from foreign invaders (but not annihilate them), you'll use minimum necessary force. - that makes you courageous and honorable.

If you just allow the enemy to walk into your gates and kill everyone - that makes you naive and weak.

If you allow the enemy to walk into your gates to foster negotiations, but are prepared for fallout - that makes you humble and wise.

The argument that no view should be privileged above any other is ridiculous. The view that fosters the most harmony possible should always take priority. Since you do in fact, share the world together.

Just like real life foreign policy issues, the alliance and horde are not perfect. They both have honor and simultaneously throw it out the window when it suits them. However, the pursuit of honor, wisdom, and courage - the pursuit of a better mode of being, is not only rare but extremely valuable over the course of time.
Why? Because they follow a certain code? Who deemed their beliefs or code to

be more strong or morally ethical? For example, Germany has many customs and

traditions that seem weird to you but Americas seem very strange to us.

What makes your beliefs better than ours? Because they are yours?

My whole point is in this fantasy world of Alliance vs. Horde there is no right

vs. wrong.

There is only us vs. them

And there is nothing wrong with that but don't try to tell us that you have the moral high ground.

And b/w the whole Geneva convention concept/war crimes is just a way to limit

nations at war. Anything goes.

Get used to it.

EDIT: Everyone is saying genocide, and "Muh Killing Civilians?"

I'm asking. who said its wrong? God? C'thulu? The great frog king? Who wrote this moral code

that applies to every living being? Stop being mindless drones.

It’s simple. I’m sure orcs, as a whole, are a little more barbaric than humans/dwarves/gnomes/etc. Now let’s talk about in-game, just look at how beautiful, neat and paved alliance cities are such as stormwind compared to orgimmar, look at the effort and diligence the alliance put into keeping their “homes” clean. Us horde don’t give an F we got rivers running through Orginmar for years now and barren wastelands on witch we grow up.
Because the plot says we are.
Why?
Alliance are the good guys because the Alliance are good guys. We're sparkly white with no traces of black in our moral grey. Everything, literally everything including genocide and racism and slavery, is entirely justified if we do it because we're the Alliance and we're the good guys. You don't need to know anything more than that other than HUMAN POTENTIAL™. We are the good guys because we are the good guys.

circularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecausecircularreasoningworkbecause...