*spoil* What was the point of the end of that...?

General Discussion
08/07/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Vitris
Yeah, Jaina was a little OP.
And yet strangely no one had anything to say about her bugging out during legion.

She was questing for her artifact weapon.
Also, did you know Frost Mages can now equip boats? It's in the patch notes.
08/07/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Vitris
And yet strangely no one had anything to say about her bugging out during legion.

Why would anyone had anything to say? she was proven right. Well, maybe they should say "I'm sorry".
Well Sylvanas didn't plan on Jaina being there for one probaly, Jaina ran off to do Jaina things at the start of Legion and this is the first time she's been around the Alliance. Her showing up was unexpected.

Though it's kind of funny because if Jaina hadn't shown up, the Alliance had no plan to deal with the Blight? Who invades the heart of forsaken territory without a plan for the blight? Sylvanas would have felt silly if she'd gone through all that and then she didn't need to blow up the city.
08/07/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Florena
Well Sylvanas didn't plan on Jaina being there for one probaly, Jaina ran off to do Jaina things at the start of Legion and this is the first time she's been around the Alliance. Her showing up was unexpected.

Though it's kind of funny because if Jaina hadn't shown up, the Alliance had no plan to deal with the Blight? Who invades the heart of forsaken territory without a plan for the blight? Sylvanas would have felt silly if she'd gone through all that and then she didn't need to blow up the city.

The blight was outlawed by even Garrosh.

They didn't expect her to use something that was labeled a warcrime by both the Horde and Alliance.
I just figured she was outside and the blight was easily blown away and dissipated. The whole city wouldn't be so easily aired out like that.
I assume that Jaina did not clear the blight like Alexstraza did— my guess is she froze it into a crystalline form which would not be airborne until it melts.
Why Jaina didn't shot down the Horde ship when they were escaping?
no whats really odd

From MoP to Legion the horde never discuss Sylvannas copious amounts of plague she has in Giant glass barrels all around Lordaeron.
That skill came from a one-time use item
08/07/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Darthaes
Jaina blew away the plague smoke in order for the alliance to advance. That was just blight being sprayed around.

Sylvanas detonated a massive blight bomb within undercity, saturating the very land with poison. jaina cant just blow that away. It needs -a lot- of cleansing.

That's my thought as well - it's easy when it's in the open, but when it's in a building and in structures, much harder to 'blow' away.
It’s not about the territory...in the words of a wise leader once said Asgard isn’t a place it’s a people...Sylvanas saved all of the civilians...The Night Elves however used all their efforts earlier to fight the Horde even when they knew they were going to lose...they threw themselves on Horde weapons instead of saving their people.
I think the point was that the city was full of Alliance troops.

We spent most of that scenario drawing them inside the walls.
08/07/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Maizou
08/07/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Quinzal
Maybe it took a lot out of her?

...i say as she still maintains the flying boat

Even if that were the case, she'd be able to clean Lordaeron after a few weeks max. The point still becomes moot.
Sylvanas is going to lose the city regardless.

Might as well take some of them out with blight bombs int he process and make the alliance do work to clean it up.

why would she just hand it to them without trying to take some out in the process? thats weird.
All she really did was blow it away and disperse it with a blast of arctic air, much harder to do within the walls of the keep.
08/07/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Maizou
So, I understand blighting Lordaeron was meant to be "If we can't have it, no one can" from Sylvanas, but...

...what was the point of that when like 5 seconds earlier, Jaina revealed she can destroy the Blight?

Like, isn't that point moot now?

Point was to get rid of a Horde city to balance getting rid of an Alliance city.

Jaina could get rid of it with a snap of her fingers but she won't because... reasons.
Because Sylvanas would rather kill her own people and destroy her own city than admit defeat. She hasn't a shred of honor left.
It's just a !@#$ you, Alliance. Seems pretty clear that Sylvanas doesn't give a %^-*.
She just froze it. It will melt then your back at square one.
08/07/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Maizou
The blight was outlawed by even Garrosh.

They didn't expect her to use something that was labeled a warcrime by both the Horde and Alliance.

no. *smacks with newspaper* bad.

Sylvanas used the blight, despite being given orders not to by those in charge.

Sylvanas is now the one in charge. It should be 100% obvious that she can and will use it if she feels the need arises.