Shack Crab - Pet Battle Area Obstructed

Pet Battles
Here I thought blizz really outdid themselves and I would be able to enter a pet battle underwater.... nope.

How did this make it into launch without being fixed? Is there a thread on this with a response from a blue that anyone knows about?
I've seen the same thing with Striders and other crabs. Just kill them and hope they respawn closer to shore.

This also happened to me with some of the moths in Zandalar. Because of the mountainous terrain, sometimes they get in spots where the terrain is so steep you can't battle them. At least they can fly to areas where you can battle them. But those aquatics get into areas where you just can't.
Look in your keybinds and assign something to Interact with Target.

Now move around while spamming that key and you'll find the place that lets you battle it.

Way easier than trying to right click constantly.
Pennysaver, that doesn't work all the time. Like the Hermit Crabs they have about 20 feet+ away from land.

I wonder whose idea that was. Even with water walking you can not engage a pet battle.
Submit a bug report for battle pets you find in the water that cannot be battled. Note the pet, zone, and specific area.

One trick to battle those:
- Use a non-damaging player ability (like Soothe) to agro it
- Run to an area where pets can be battled
- Drop agro with abilities like Shadowmeld or Feign Death
- Be quick and engage the pet in battle before it runs back to its spawn point
Thanks for the info. I ended up finding some on the shore to battle. A few times they were in with different pets on the shore as well.

Still a bit annoyed that it made it to launch this way though.
I was coming here to make this exact thread, I have seen maybe 5 crabs and they are all obstructed regardless of where I find them, underwater, on a surface, etc.

Hopefully they fix this it is super annoying and easy to test.

One trick to battle those:
* Use a non-damaging player ability (like Soothe) to agro it
* Run to an area where pets can be battled
* Drop agro with abilities like Shadowmeld or Feign Death
* Be quick and engage the pet in battle before it runs back to its spawn point

Would like to say that this worked like a charm.. sorta. Since I play a Shaman, I can't drop aggro that quick. I basically had to use Purge (as my non-damaging ability), then run away to a point where it would naturally drop aggro, then engage it.

I will say though, that you REALLY have to be quick, because they run back to their safe place like there is no tomorrow. To help me combat this, rather than trying to click fast enough, I had Interact with Target bound to a key (I picked num pad asterisk), and then spammed that the moment they started running away. Most of the time the pet battle would start with no problems. A few times I would still get the Pet Battle Area Obstructed message.
I agree that it needs to be fixed, but there are plenty of unobstructed shack crabs crawling around the beaches of Kul Tiras.
If you have a toon that can perform a non damaging spell (like a taunt of some sort, or a non damaging stun), you can pull the critter out to land and run just far enough for it to evade. Immediately when it evades, interact with it and you will enter the pet battle.

I have done this a bunch especially with flying pets that are too high off ground to battle.
08/15/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Devsham
Here I thought blizz really outdid themselves and I would be able to enter a pet battle underwater.... nope.

How did this make it into launch without being fixed? Is there a thread on this with a response from a blue that anyone knows about?

The way I got around it (and I captured all BfA capturable pets very early) is to battle all the pets on the shoreline. Even if the pet you're challenging is not the one you're looking for, the pet you want may be in the backline.
Also the huge ammount of pets in small creeks that you simply can't battle because of the terrain.... Why the f they'd put a battle pet(with the battle icon) in a place you can't battle it?

Why can't we just be moved to a place in the same map when starting a pet battle (just like we go to a different location when pvp battling). This annoys me SO much.
10/16/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Dyngdawng
If you have a toon that can perform a non damaging spell (like a taunt of some sort, or a non damaging stun), you can pull the critter out to land and run just far enough for it to evade. Immediately when it evades, interact with it and you will enter the pet battle.

I have done this a bunch especially with flying pets that are too high off ground to battle.

Guessing you didn't read much of the replies....