"YoU WilL gEt bOReD AFteR FaRmINg NAxX"

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
09/07/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Noger
Some of the misconceptions here are quite staggering. 40+ hours a week if you want to be raiding Nax? I’m sorry but your math is just off.

YES this is from private server experience so I’m sure your argument will be numbers will change on Classic. I agree ,but it won’t be 500% difference.

A guild that is actually going to be clearing Naxx will be able to do MC in less than an hour, BWL in less than 1.5, AQ in less than 3 once you have cthun on farm, and will all be done in one night. This is assume you aren’t going doing 15 minute binding runs only in MC. Some private server guilds will speed run MC in 2X minutes. This leaves you approximately 34.5 hours a week for mats.

Mats that you probably won’t even burn in MC or BWL anymore. Would probably still flask for AQ. Assuming you can make 40g an hour do you honestly think people are spending 1300+ gold in mats a week? And these same people have been grinding on a progressive server for two years with materials saved up the entire time?

Once I stepped foot in Naxx I didn’t have to farm for materials as I had stuff saved. Still had 4500 gold and mats left when we killed KT 3 weeks later. I never played 40 hours a week other than on server launch. Actual time spent rainding with things on farm will be less than 12 hours including getting world buffs.

Sorry but it's evident your private server experience isn't relevant. Killed KT in three weeks of stepping into naxx? In vanilla there was a general rule that for four horsemen you needed four warriors with four t3 pieces to get through the encounter. 3 hour clear of aq40? Lol sorry but it would take an hour just to clear the trash from twin emps to c'thun in vanilla.

Not trying to diminish your experience but we're talking apples and oranges.
So, without reading thread at all, I invite people to consider how long Diablo 2 stood.

If a character could take Baal on hell mode, there was NOTHING LEFT.

That game kept going for, what, 20 years before Diablo 3 launched? And even then, it still has a strong (if extremely rigid and moderately toxic) core community. I think a frozen classic server will have the same experience.
isn't relevant.

In vanilla there was a general rule that...

This is a good point too, comparing the experience of vanilla players to our player base now assuming blizzard doesn't change anything. I wouldn't be surprised if someone killed KT within 3 weeks of release of naxx.... There were literally no mechanics till Naxx and even then those PALE in comparison to what raiders are familiar with in today's fights.
09/07/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Babyrabbits
isn't relevant.

This is a good point too, comparing the experience of vanilla players to our player base now assuming blizzard doesn't change anything. I wouldn't be surprised if someone killed KT within 3 weeks of release of naxx.... There were literally no mechanics till Naxx and even then those PALE in comparison to what raiders are familiar with in today's fights.[/quot

09/07/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Babyrabbits
[quote] isn't relevant.

This is a good point too, comparing the experience of vanilla players to our player base now assuming blizzard doesn't change anything. I wouldn't be surprised if someone killed KT within 3 weeks of release of naxx.... There were literally no mechanics till Naxx and even then those PALE in comparison to what raiders are familiar with in today's fights.

I agree i wouldn't be surprised if a pro guild clears naxx in three weeks either. What i know is that a casual raiding guild (If they could get there) has 0% chance of clearing naxx in three weeks of entering.
09/07/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Wyldleaf

Sorry but it's evident your private server experience isn't relevant. Killed KT in three weeks of stepping into naxx? In vanilla there was a general rule that for four horsemen you needed four warriors with four t3 pieces to get through the encounter. 3 hour clear of aq40? Lol sorry but it would take an hour just to clear the trash from twin emps to c'thun in vanilla.

The only reason you need that tier is so that a taunt resist doesn’t wipe you. This can be alleviated by using the +hit trinket from fish boss in ZG giving you the same effect.

There are actually only 7 packs that need to be pulled between twin emps and cthun. The rest is skipable. So unless you are taking 8.5 minutes per pack it should not take you an hour.
Whoops tsuchiya is me.
So much misinformation.

Guilds will clear MC in 15 days or less. It's been happening on the regular. Yes, some people will take a year to hit 60, yes some people will do it in 5 days /played over the course of a weeks time irl.
09/07/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Tsuchiya
09/07/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Wyldleaf

The only reason you need that tier is so that a taunt resist doesn’t wipe you. This can be alleviated by using the +hit trinket from fish boss in ZG giving you the same effect.

There are actually only 7 packs that need to be pulled between twin emps and cthun. The rest is skipable. So unless you are taking 8.5 minutes per pack it should not take you an hour.

Admittedly I don't recall why the 4 piece was necessary, I'm going off a memory from 12 years ago. Point is no casual guild is clearing Naxx in three weeks and no casual guild is farming AQ40 in 3 hours.
I won't be farming NAXX. You know why? I never farmed it. I don't even think I ever played it once. Cuz vanilla WOW had too much !@#$ to do to waste on farming a lame %^- raid. So screw off.
08/19/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Balínor
I plan to hit 60 in the first 2-3 weeks, but it will be years before I am Naxx ready on just one character. I mostly run dungeons and want the Tier .5 sets for 1-2 characters and then I will mostly PvP. Once people start getting better gear and it makes me struggle to compete in PvP then I will most likely start raiding. I honestly can't see myself getting bored with my 2 main characters for at least 5 years. After that there are always alts.

Just saying, the world record in leveling for vanilla was 4 days and like 14 hours. That’s /played time. So for you to level up in two weeks, you’d need to play at minimum 7 hours a day at (literally) world record breaking speeds.
09/07/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Provengreil
So, without reading thread at all, I invite people to consider how long Diablo 2 stood.

If a character could take Baal on hell mode, there was NOTHING LEFT.

That game kept going for, what, 20 years before Diablo 3 launched? And even then, it still has a strong (if extremely rigid and moderately toxic) core community. I think a frozen classic server will have the same experience.

Well over the years they came out with more stuff, i hated the term diablo clone so i'm gonna go with World Diablo or Uber Diablo, then the Uber tristram came out.
Im bored of bfa right now, so at least classic would keep me busier for longer - even if some people consider it a dead end route.

Also WTB HD Diablo 1, or at least update the original enough that it can run on modern machines and let me buy it from the blizzard shop -.^
09/08/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Wyldleaf
09/07/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Tsuchiya

Admittedly I don't recall why the 4 piece was necessary, I'm going off a memory from 12 years ago. Point is no casual guild is clearing Naxx in three weeks and no casual guild is farming AQ40 in 3 hours.

Yes obviously the casual guild will not be doing this. The VAST majority of casual guilds will never come close to killing CThun. They might pick up 1-2 bosses in Naxx. We are talking about the hardcore player when some says “this will never happen”. Not to mention 99% of people on a forum about a game not realeased is more hardcore than most.
I may never reach it do to laziness, and unwilling to use addons/vent.
Hahaha this vanilla posts I love them. The reality of vanilla will hit many like a truck.
The nostalgia glasses are strong here. The “classic” feel isn’t going to last cause the population isn’t going to last. It will get revamped just so they can justify the development expense. Peak population was WotLK so I would bet money that will end up being the real “Classic” time frame
09/09/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Savrael
The nostalgia glasses are strong here.

Ironically the state of the modern wow expansion will keep classic running longer than it theoretically should - as WoD, legion and now BFA have shown that the themepark expansion method and 'gate' slowdown mechanics can only keep us busy/entertained for so long before people start desperately seeking out their own entertainment (such as pvping, hunting for achievements, pets, transmog, ect) and some of those people that get bored of current expansions (and likely future ones, as blizzard dosnt seem interested in deviating away from the current gate trend) will come and go from classic as a way to fill the void.

Right now would be a excellent time to have classic available, do my weekly crap then go back to classic, rinse and repeat every week until some actual content is added that interests me - destroy said content then go back to weekly drudgery and classic grinding.
not everyone raided , actually only a small percentage of players did the raids . it didn't matter because there was options of play , pvp , exploring , working on proffs to make gold or just be a valued member of your guild . point is raiding was just a small part of old wow , wasn't it ? I see so many threads about raiding classic this and that , how important was it really , and if that's the only important thing players want classic back , then I think some of the nay sayers might be right , honestly for me , the raiding aspect is the least important of my desire for classic .
Vanilla is so over-analyzed if they don't gate content and have a really slow release schedule people will be done with it very fast.
09/08/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Zasaro

Just saying, the world record in leveling for vanilla was 4 days and like 14 hours. That’s /played time. So for you to level up in two weeks, you’d need to play at minimum 7 hours a day at (literally) world record breaking speeds.

Only 7 hours a day?