40 minute reg dungeon ques..

General Discussion
Get just a little higher and see if there's any premade groups for walk-in heroics. You can enter the dungeons at virtually any iLvl you want but people tend to be 295-300 to make those groups.

On the annoying flip side you could WQ while you wait for the normal dungeon queue, and then regret your choice because the dungeon only dropped one piece of loot that wasn't a big upgrade.
08/21/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Thunderçatz
Normal Dungeons are notorious for long queue times for some reason, even at the start of the expansion. Heroics are far better for DPS but Normals its up in the air.

Because most people are doing very few dungeons while leveling up, and at 120 most healers and tanks push through the normal level of dungeoning very very fast due to their queue times, leaving DPS in the dust to wait for new healers and tanks to hit 120 and start spamming normals.
08/21/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Drekgaar
I know i can go in as healer but im enhancement because that is what I want to play.. I shouldn't have to switch specs and play what i dont want to, to get into a dungeon. pretty dumb tbh

Theres no fix for this that wouldn't require completely rebuilding WoW as a game, which the fix would be dungeons would be 10 man with 1 tank, 1 healer, and 8 DPS. But in the end, that might not fix it, because as dungeon queue times go down, more people would just switch back to DPS.

People need to simply pick up support roles more.
How are heroic queues for DPS? Wondering whether its worth investing fully in a healer until these queues settle.
08/21/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Drekgaar
Finished all questing and WQs and stuck at ilvl 293 and regular dungeon ques are 40 minutes long.. how on earth do I get to 305 so I can start heroics?
Horde's got way more folks now than alliance so your wait's even in random pvp are longer than on alliance.
Maybe I'm lucky (and I've only done the snake temple and Motherlode) but both of those queues were <1 minute.

Either way, it's always been this way with dungeon queues. Think about it for a second:

There are 12 classes in this game and 35 specs. Out of that, we have 6 classes that can tank, and 5 classes that can heal, but all 12 classes can DPS. Sadly too many of the tank and healer classes insist on queuing DPS, so we end up with something like 1/6 or 1/7 people queued actually being a tank or healer.

Long story short, you're really dumb if you play a class that can heal or tank, but you're complaining about how long the queues are when you join as DPS.
Honestly don't bother with normals, just start doing mythic with your guild it is doable with 300ilvl.
08/21/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Drekgaar
I know i can go in as healer but im enhancement because that is what I want to play.. I shouldn't have to switch specs and play what i dont want to, to get into a dungeon. pretty dumb tbh

And theres millions of other DPS who say the same thing. Is it no surprise that you have to sit in queues?
08/21/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Amoc
Maybe I'm lucky (and I've only done the snake temple and Motherlode) but both of those queues were <1 minute.

Either way, it's always been this way with dungeon queues. Think about it for a second:

There are 12 classes in this game and 35 specs. Out of that, we have 6 classes that can tank, and 5 classes that can heal, but all 12 classes can DPS. Sadly too many of the tank and healer classes insist on queuing DPS, so we end up with something like 1/6 or 1/7 people queued actually being a tank or healer.

Long story short, you're really dumb if you play a class that can heal or tank, but you're complaining about how long the queues are when you join as DPS.

Queues for specific dungeons related to the main quest were ~1 minute while leveling.
Specifically queuing for all the dungeons at 120 gives me a ~20 minute queue
Selecting Random BfA dungeon gives ~40 minute queue.

It's quite a perplexing system.
Finished all questing and WQs and stuck at ilvl 293 and regular dungeon ques are 40 minutes long.. how on earth do I get to 305 so I can start heroics?

you learn how to heal as a shaman and get instant queues or better yet in a decent group. you can keep your loot spec as your dps spec and enjoy better gear after.

Buy BoEs
Long ques for DPSing are nothing new....EVERYONE knows this. If you level a dps class first you have to be prepared to deal with it.
08/21/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Moccoo
Heal

This is something I could never understand.

YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND YOU CAN GO IN AS A HEALER, BUY HAVE LOOT SPEC SET TO YOUR DPS SPEC

This is true, and they can change to tank if their class has the spec. However, and this is the main issue, maybe they have never healed/tanked before and have no clue how to do it at all much less well enough to handle current expansion dungeons. Do you think any group is going to be patient while a healer/tank learns? No, they will just kick them. They kick them in the lowest level dungeons so they sure won't work with them in current content dungeons.
Yea the normal dungeon queues are rough for dps. Best thing to do is sit in queue do your world quests and get your rep cloak. You can also try doing a premade heroic group through dungeon finder. Also, try getting in a guild.
08/21/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Pyromania
08/21/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Moccoo
Heal

This is something I could never understand.

YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND YOU CAN GO IN AS A HEALER, BUY HAVE LOOT SPEC SET TO YOUR DPS SPEC

ya no problem ill just switch spe.... o wait im a !@#$ing mage.

If those that can tank or heal do so instead of DPS, it will reduce your queue time as well. No reason to be a smartass about it.
I'm fixing my own problem by rolling a tank class. If I want to play a pure dps I'll wait till 8.1 or 8.2 when there are some decent catch up mechanics.

I don't think I'll ever do a pure dps at the start of an expansion again.

And today I get into a normal dungeon in 2 minutes. Was doing that find Jaina questline that came up for me.
I was IL 268 when I did all the Mythic Dungeons. I was IL 324 when I was done. Don’t even need Heroics for the most part
how on earth do I get to 305 so I can start heroics?

You reach over and change your specialization to Restoration. Just make sure to go to the bathroom first because you will be instantly invited to an instance.
I haven't read any of this but last night Heroic Dungeons for DPS were less than 15 minutes. There's light on the other side of 305.