Unequipping Heart of Azeroth and trinkets lowers your TTK on open-world mobs in BFA.

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
08/22/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Pesc
Imagine the struggle of playing an incomplete low damage spec (Elemental, Feral, Shadow, Demonology and the list goes on) with a bit less ilvl and finding out things only get worse with more gear.

Can confirm. Can't kill a mob until I build up to and use Earth Shock at least once, which is a minimum of 8 casts. Adding in cast time and gcd, it equals out to about 20 seconds of casting to kill one mob. Then I have to heal myself because I'm basically paper even though I'm wearing a shield.
Can a CM extend cap on this thread please. There are some valid points being made here, I’d like to see it going
08/22/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Etcetera
Can a CM extend cap on this thread please. There are some valid points being made here, I’d like to see it going
Nothing but silences on the problem of pve scaling.
I want to put my Heart of Azeroth and trinkets in void storage, but I could see Blizzard perma-banning people for this.
08/22/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Cptcrunch
08/22/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Pesc
Imagine the struggle of playing an incomplete low damage spec (Elemental, Feral, Shadow, Demonology and the list goes on) with a bit less ilvl and finding out things only get worse with more gear.

Can confirm. Can't kill a mob until I build up to and use Earth Shock at least once, which is a minimum of 8 casts. Adding in cast time and gcd, it equals out to about 20 seconds of casting to kill one mob. Then I have to heal myself because I'm basically paper even though I'm wearing a shield.

Pretty much same. It's pretty bad with warlock because our pet's aren't scaling that well AT ALL. It's do standard DPS rotation... mob is at 50% health... void walker is at 10% health.. stop dps... health funnel void walker for 2x 5 second channels to heal it back up to full. Void walker topped off. I'm at 70% health... better drain life because uh oh.. war mode is on... meanwhile mob is still at 50% health beating on my pet.

Continue DPS rotation on monster, voidwalker at 10% health when monster dies. Better just resummon voidwalker to continue.

It's bad.
08/22/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Nayaga
I want to put my Heart of Azeroth and trinkets in void storage, but I could see Blizzard perma-banning people for this.

I just attempted to place my Azerite armor in void storage... "Ineligible"
I was worried about this. Sucks that this is how they manipulate players into taking longer to complete tasks. What am I gaining then developers by increasing my item level or getting drops? An ability to do the same content but on higher difficulty? I never feel stronger in this game, and in fact feel substantially weaker as a character since legion. It doesn't feel fun to get "upgrades" that effectively do nothing to increase my power as a character. It just makes me think 'Why bother?'. Why bother with any of this repetitive, skinner box content if I can never do it faster or easier, and the rewards are canceled out with increased difficulty? Super disappointing. You may be padding out your time played metrics from your players, but you are destroying customer good will.
Just for everyone to see:

"That would go too far in undermining the core sense of power progression that is part of an MMO ... The intent is that the content is is something you outgear, outpower eventually." - Ion 3-29-2017

According to the lead dev, progression IS the core sense of the game.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-29-blizzard-explains-surprise-enemy-gear-scaling-in-world-of-warcraft-as-community-fumes

copied from Icaañul from another post
I put all my trinkets/rings on void storage.
A mob that had 60k hp now has 32k. And I'm hitting just about 15-20% less.
08/22/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Agoniste
Just for everyone to see:

"That would go too far in undermining the core sense of power progression that is part of an MMO ... The intent is that the content is is something you outgear, outpower eventually." - Ion 3-29-2017

According to the lead dev, progression IS the core sense of the game.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-29-blizzard-explains-surprise-enemy-gear-scaling-in-world-of-warcraft-as-community-fumes

copied from Icaañul from another post

Check this post for full Ion quote:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753795863?page=26
I'm having no problems at all doing normal WQ and blue WQ with my current gear. I can pull 2-4 mobs depending on the type and I'm good. Was true at 250 and 294, still true at 306.

I went from 294 to 306 yesterday and the mobs are still easy to kill. It got me curious enough that I'll test it tonight though to witness it myself.

However, I'll admit that I don't feel perticulary stronger at 306 than I was at 294 in open content but in mythics, that 10 ilvl made one hell of a difference.

Anyhow, if it's really Blizzard's idea of how scaling should work, they should have a serious meeting like, now!
Please make gearing up mean something
08/22/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Caylara
I put all my trinkets/rings on void storage.
A mob that had 60k hp now has 32k. And I'm hitting just about 15-20% less.

I'm just waiting for people to keep only their trinkets and rings, and maybe a weapon. Go all out.
I've been an advocate for level scaling. Primarily for the reason being after all these years I find 1 shotting something boring and bad game design. I've been down the satisfaction road of pulling an entire map and decimating it. It was awesome, felt good, so I can see why players hate scaling levels.

I how ever am absolutely 100% against item level scaling. That actually removes any sense of progression and is just plain dumb.
08/22/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Dacious
I how ever am absolutely 100% against item level scaling. That actually removes any sense of progression and is just plain dumb.

If we take Ion's statement into account, it makes sense. If there is no scaling, everyone insta-kills stuff with instant casts. What about the casters that can't tag a mob because someone instantly steals it?

Scaling is okay, but the numbers are bad. Like he said, it's good if an increase of 5% scales mobs up 1-2%. That's okay, but maybe their baseline is too high? Maybe some classes are just bad right now and need some help?
Better hear Ion talk about this in tomorrow's Q/A
08/22/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Cptcrunch
What about the casters that can't tag a mob because someone instantly steals it?

One way to do that would be to make it EASIER to group up in an mmo instead of harder and more tedious.
08/22/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Havadr
Better hear Ion talk about this in tomorrow's Q/A
Did you propose a question about scaling?
08/22/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Shengyi
I'm sure this has been mentioned but I'm having Broken Shore war flash backs. When that patch dropped didn't we have this exact scaling issue?
ilevel scaling was first introduced in 7.2, obviously without a mention in the patch notes. After enormous outcry, Ion came to do damage control and they reduced how much mobs scaled to the point that it was pretty negligible, but they never got rid of it. Welcome to Episode III: Revenge of the Scaling.
Please address this in the Q/A