Way too many horde

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Is everyone cool with there being 18 horde to each alliance player? "just turn your warmode off" I mean I like world pvp a lot but it's not pvp when you have 15 people on you at every wq.
War happened in war mode.
Turn it off then

World PvP isnt fair, it isnt balanced. It goes both ways so either deal with it or turn it off.
Apparently wpvp is only fun if you are ganking and not being ganked. Who knew? ;-)

That said, apparently this sharding thing is not living up to the promises of balancing faction populations in warmode for a given zone or whatnot.
08/26/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Rot
Is everyone cool with there being 18 horde to each alliance player? "just turn your warmode off" I mean I like world pvp a lot but it's not pvp when you have 15 people on you at every wq.
come over to my server. I see maybe one horde to every dozen or so alliance.
that's cause it's the best faction

Years of Horde favoritism and better racials tends to do that.
You can trace the graph all the way back to female Blood Elves. Don't get me wrong, I think they did a hell of a job on it and I've had Blood Elves over the years as well.

However, from that point on, the cool factor turned into a population advantage which over time begets an even more serious population advantage.

For the severity of the problem, there aren't nearly enough people at least talking about this issue. I can't even begin to tell you how many people I saw this expansion alone switch to Horde because the population is healthier in both PvP and PvE.

The solution? Force feed female Blood Elves until they gain about 50 pounds. The Horde thins to a reasonable number overnight.
I've been a part of a lot of large alliance pvp groups that randomly formed. Join the premade pvp groups for WQs or hang back a bit at questing nodes until Alliance reinforcements show up. I know it's harder if you're not a stealth class but it's doable. Or, quest with friends/guildies.

Also get the world quest addon for group searches if you don't have it already.
08/26/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Odinmar
That said, apparently this sharding thing is not living up to the promises of balancing faction populations in warmode for a given zone or whatnot.

It was never meant to balance anything. The only thing it was meant to do was take personal responsibility away from players who hate PvP but decided, for whatever stupid reason, to play on a PvP server.
I actually tried wpvp yesterday and it wants that bad. Seems like there is a balance between horde and alliance at least in my realm.
Not our fault most alliance players are cowards and won't come out to fight. The horde is built for war so naturally we're the superior faction in warmode, just like we are in all the rest of the PVP and PVE content.
Why I don't have warmode on when I'm ally.

I main horde.
08/26/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Derpyface
Not our fault most alliance players are cowards and won't come out to fight. The horde is built for war so naturally we're the superior faction in warmode, just like we are in all the rest of the PVP and PVE content.

I wish I had video for all of the times Horde ran away from me like little babies.
Just play the better faction then?
08/26/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Celista
08/26/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Derpyface

I wish I had video for all of the times Horde ran away from me like little babies.

Guardians were insane demi gods in Legion.
Why do so many Alliance get on to complain about Horde? I see Alliance groups ganking all the time.

Varies with server group, on the one I play on it's totally the opposite, everywhere is flooded with Alliance, it's depressing .. so much for Blizzard's pathetic attempts at pop. balance by using CRZ.
08/26/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Irrenhaus
Why do so many Alliance get on to complain about Horde? I see Alliance groups ganking all the time.

Same reason Horde spent the whole expansion of WoD crying on the forum.
I mainly play horde, but do play an alliance character as well. I've been ganked more on that one alliance toons than all my horde characters COMBINED. It's ridiculous and it has become the only toon that I've turned off WM on.