Stop the WQ rep exploit

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 14 Next
08/26/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Walburgha
I don't really care. We'll all be exalted in a month at most and this will all be meaningless.

They did a ton of work to exploit to gain a bit of time.

Blizzard won't bother to do anything. They never really do.

It's not just rep. It's enough gold to by the brutosaur, it's a tonne of AP, it's a huge pile of gear to be shared or scrapped.
08/26/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Trollop
Very high chance of getting banned for doing this, most exploits that give you tangible wealth or progression over others typically result in bans and being stripped of the gold and items you made.

You could farm felslate infinitely from basilisks at the start of legion and a lot of people got banned for that.

No there isn't. When was the last time there was a large-scale ban for exploiting?

The AP exploit last expansion
Of course time gating leaving people with hours of doing nothing after 120 and doing ever single world quest. They end up finding exploits. Especially Tortollan and Champions I want more of those they take forever
08/26/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Evilmuffins
08/26/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Juggalo
You can start a new wow license on that and keep all the mounts, you literally lose nothing for being banned now. Besides the character itself. And You can transfer that off the account iirc.

Kinda shady to be telling people, who want to keep their nose clean and keep exploits out of the game, to abuse the TOS, no?

Who's telling people to abuse the TOS?

We are telling you the actual reality of WoW and Blizzard. Their income is more important than punishing cheaters. I've never cheated in my life, but I'm not living with the misconception that the playing field is equal.
08/26/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Delekii
We are telling you the actual reality of WoW and Blizzard. Their income is more important than punishing cheaters. I've never cheated in my life, but I'm not living with the misconception that the playing field is equal.

Theey will be banned, just like they were in legion.
Did ppl not learn with the suramar WQ exploit?? Not only did they eat the ban for a week then got their ap removed later on.
08/26/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Delekii

Did you, or did you not, read what I had said prior?

At ANY point in time, they can arbitrarily put the absolute ban hammer down for something like this. It doesn't matter if, in the past, they waved around pink glittery flags and threw cupcakes at you. Things can change, and we have seen such things from Blizzard before, where they have said "No, this will not happen", and later on oh yes, indeed, this is indeed happening.

That's my damn point. You do not know with absolute surety what will or will not happen.
08/26/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Wariya
Did ppl not learn with the suramar WQ exploit?? Not only did they eat the ban for a week then got their ap removed later on.

They're gonna gamble it to dodge the time-gate, there have been times where players were punished and times when they were not.

If its really a massive amount of people who are doing it, they may just get their rep/loot/azerite rolled back 24 hours.
I doubt anything will be done about it. Look at the cooking/fish oil bug. They didn't bother to do a thing about that either.
This will get a rollback because of the economic aspect it isn't just rep or they wouldn't care but people were doing with quests that award items basically getting infinite mats.
08/26/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Etcetera
08/26/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Lyianora
Give them time. I'm sure they'll do something about it.

No they wont- Blizzard is too busy dealing with other issues because they released a rushed and unfinished Xpac. These ppl will absolutely get away with it. When bugs like this are found you just have to do it fast and youre in the clear

Ya rite. If even AP didnt escape it you think gold, rep and items will?https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/799718936031870977

lol
Enjoy the re-farming.
08/26/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Teysza
I doubt anything will be done about it. Look at the cooking/fish oil bug. They didn't bother to do a thing about that either.

That was in beta for its entirety. The fish oil had been on vendors, and they simply didn't remove it. Profession stuff in beta was all sorts of borked. Someone straight up dropped the ball on that one. But that wasn't so much an exploit, as just Blizzard not getting their - ahem - shiz straight before release.

The WQ/rep thing people are doing right now IS an exploit, because it is being done in a specific way in order to gain xyz things that was never intended. Someone, somewhere, found out if they did a certain thing, while also doing another certain thing, they could get away with what is happening.
08/26/2018 11:25 PMPosted by Rickrolling

Ya rite. If even AP didnt escape it you think gold, rep and items will?https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/799718936031870977

lol
Enjoy the re-farming.

Key words are "excessively abused". Exploit early, and exploit often- those are the golden rules with this game. The chance of ban is so slim it'd be silly to not take advantage of every exploit in this game. I don't because I have a conscience, but I'm stupid for it.
If people want to use exploits like them if they get banned or not isn't your problem you don't have to use exploits so why even bring it up if people don't have the time or don't find it fun to grind reps half of the expac is locked behind let them do stuff like this it doesn't affect you
08/26/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Cyouskin
It's very, very likely players exploiting this bug will be suspended for 7-14 days and stripped of their items, gold, reputation. (It's really easy to track this exploit's spoils.)

Blizzard should be aware by this point. They won't announce anything until it's fixed, if not forgoing the announcement at all.

You'd like to think so but blizzard games earned the exploit early, exploit often mantra for a reason
I mean seriously how does this make the game ANY worse for you and besides they have a ton of broken stuff they ACTUALLY need to fix instead of fixing stuff like this that's just helping players
Don't understand why people even bother using these exploits honestly, they have a good chance of being banned and the reputation will just be reset.
This stuff is pretty easy to track, they banned people who exploited insta kill raid bosses simply by looking at how fast they got the achievements lol. They'll likely just look at all the people who hit exalted already since most people are hovering in revered. If they did it in a day, well I guess that's obvious now isn't it?
08/26/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Nephis
This stuff is pretty easy to track, they banned people who exploited insta kill raid bosses simply by looking at how fast they got the achievements lol. They'll likely just look at all the people who hit exalted already since most people are hovering in revered. If they did it in a day, well I guess that's obvious now isn't it?
then everyone leveling their maghar orcs and dark iron dwarves would get banned not have the class or rep they aren't gonna do that and besides THIS ISNT HURTING ANYBODY if blizzard doesn't want people exploiting stuff like this don't lock EVERYTHING behind rep
As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to treat these people like Robin Hood.

To hell with the time gating in this game.