The WQ Exploit: Facts

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 24 Next
08/28/2018 05:09 AMPosted by Malgrei
Doubt it’ll be harsh

This is the sentiment of many of those using this exploit; duping 1000's of shards and expecting a pat on the wrist.

Well.. we will see what happens but I doubt they will be happy about it when everything is said and done.
That kind of exploiting deserves more than 24h/3 day ban. I'm just saying. If you're that kind of person that would deliberately do it over and over again, knowing very well what you're doing - you really don't belong in the game. Period.

Knowing blizzard they get a little slap on the hand.
08/28/2018 02:49 AMPosted by Kholgrim
It is posible to have the pathfinder by now without exploiting ?

Yes. All I'm lacking is 3k of Magni rep, and if I bought a magni contract day 1, I'd have pathfinder already. Instead I only started a turtle contract 2 days ago. That's on a forsaken, so no rep bonus.
Activision: Well we would like to ban them..... but damn are they pushing up our MAUs! let em ride boys!
08/27/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Nanthir
08/27/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Ythisens
We are indeed aware of this exploit and have been working on a fix. We are also taking action against those who are abusing it.
Does that include rolling back the reputation gained? If the answer is no, then unless the ban is greater than 3 days, the cheaters win in this situation.

these cheaters win if its not a 2+ week ban. Or a rollback of rep + gold made during expansion. I know they have that kinda number. Also removing all mats from BFA would be a good start. You don't rerun the same Wq multiple times without going hey something is wrong.
All the reps that were earned should go back to neutral along with a 30 day ban for the rep portion. There is a pretty detailed post on mmo champ it wasn't just rep that was exploited, the economy was also impacted as well.
Any other game you'd be permad for something like this.

Anything less is seriously messed up if they perma for account sharing but for duping they slap on the wrist.
I wouldn't be upset if the ban was short as long as the rep/rewards were rolled back. As a player who has been working hard to do every WQ everyday it would be very disappointing to see them keep it.
What if they made "cheater" shards so you could only play with other cheaters? Achievements didnt unlock after being put into that shard either.
08/28/2018 06:15 AMPosted by Sladdi
You don't rerun the same Wq multiple times without going hey something is wrong.

If you're not paying attention, you might do it two or three times, more than that is really unjustifiable.

Then again, I have no idea what the steps required to cause a WQ to respawn are. If they are something very specific, doing it any more than once, which would be an accident, would already qualify as "intentional abuse", though I'm not sure the punishment should be the same as for someone who did it 100+ times, I think the latter needs a permanent ban, because the ripples of their abuse will stay with our economy forever, much like we're still dealing with WoD's gold inflation.
There will be punishment but it will not be too harsh. I see everyone wants all rep rolled back to neutral, all gold taken away, all kinds of crazy stuff. They want to see long temporary bans or perma bans for the players.

The reason there will not be a perma ban is because Blizzard would lose $15/month x amount of players banned. For the same reason, they will not roll back all their reps to neutral because those players would quit which in turn would hurt Blizzard as well. I could see a long ban for the players (30 days) but I highly doubt we will see a permanent ban or a rollback on rep.
Blizzard losing money if they permanently ban people is a silly argument. You guys think that's it? They got banned so they're just going to stop playing wow forever?

Get real, they'll just re-buy the game have all their mounts, achievements and pets.
It's early in a new expansion so it's easy to get back to where they were before the ban.

Ban them Blizzard, you'll probably actually make money and your sale numbers for BfA will increase when these turds re-buy their way back into the game.
ip ban for exploiters
We are indeed aware of this exploit and have been working on a fix. We are also taking action against those who are abusing it.

Hope it's more than a 3 day vacation.

If it were up to me they'd be getting at least a week suspension and bumped down to friendly.
I think a permanent ban is a little much for first time offenders, I think severely putting them behind everyone else would be the kick in the pants they might learn from.

Seriously hope so. This is not cool for the rest of us doing the grinds legitimately.
08/28/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Tiberìus
ip ban for exploiters
Learn about VPN's and why IP Banning does not work.
08/28/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Tiberìus
ip ban for exploiters

IP ban is pointless you can change your IP address on the fly. Most Western ISP's have dynamic IP anyways
If there is no serious action taken against those who actively cheat and exploit, it would be a reason for me to quit purchasing and playing blizzard games.

So a week or so ban and they keep the loot rep? I rather them not get banned but lose all their progress from the exploit
08/28/2018 04:43 AMPosted by Xyona
not that I'm aware of... tortollans rep is by far the slowest.

It's not legitimately possible to be exalted with the Tortollan Seekers or Champions of Azeroth, but revered is possible with all BfA reps through legitimate means.

Exalted is legitimately possible with 7th Legion/Honorbound, and it is probably possible to be exalted with the three quest zone reps, though that may rely on some mission table RNG.