WHAT no awesomely produced alliance cinematic?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
08/09/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Mazikeene
My four year old daughter will sometimes be going about her day happily, when she'll see my two year old daughter playing with some random toy. The four year old will then start shouting "I want that toy! Give me a toy! Where's my toy!"

OP and many of the other people in this thread remind me of my four year old.

Exactly.

Someone said who cries more? Anduin, Saurfang, or the Alliance on these forums?
08/09/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Tyierin
My four year old daughter will sometimes be going about her day happily, when she'll see my two year old daughter playing with some random toy. The four year old will then start shouting "I want that toy! Give me a toy! Where's my toy!"

Exactly.

Hey now, remember last week when the horde cried non stop?

Let's be real here, sweetie.

Except this is more like if you had twins, bought one a new fancy expensive light up toy that talked, and the other got a bargain bin chunk of molded plastic that's best feature is its knees bend.

08/09/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Cyonan
I mean if we're keeping score we had the whole Legion cinematic where Anduin becomes Manduin.

Number of cinematics seems like a silly thing to be keeping score on, though.

The 7.2 cinematic only brings things back to even. Horde got a cinematic right after the Broken Shore where Vol'jin makes Sylvanas Warchief.

08/09/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Akston
You had the entire Undercity secnario?

-Horde almost wins the day

--Out of no where, one of the Alliance lore characters does something badass to save it.

Who nukes her own city, denying the Alliance a victory?

Why does that matter?

We see Jaina on a flying ship, negating the blight and blowing a hole in the wall.

We see Alleria TPing an entire army inside the wall to save the day.

We see Jaina saving everyone from a carefully laid trap.

But hey...the Horde got a scenario where one of its leaders tried wussing out and either committing suicide or willfully allowing himself to be captured. And the only reason it didn't happen is because a lvl 1 shaman delayed him enough that it was too late.

Just because you get a cinematic, doesn't mean you "win" whatever takes place in it. As a Horde member, Saurfang embarrasses me in his.
08/09/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Glamlamb
08/09/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Tyierin

Exactly.

Hey now, remember last week when the horde cried non stop?

Last week all I remember was the Alliance circlejerking over how much they hate Sylvanas and the traitor Horde players saying they were faction changing.
Honestly, I don't think alliance really needs a pre-rendered cinematic, Old Soldier was made to show that the heart of the true horde still beats. Everything on the alliance side is just... fine, everyone is ready to go to war and work together.
08/09/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Tyierin
08/09/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Glamlamb
...Hey now, remember last week when the horde cried non stop?

Last week all I remember was the Alliance circlejerking over how much they hate Sylvanas and the traitor Horde players saying they were faction changing.
You and I remember things very differently.

Both sides scream loud. Espescially on the forums over this stuff.
08/09/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Acteon
08/09/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Revaks
Uhh... did you not see Jaina come in blaring "Immigrant Song" through magic speakers as she single handedly saved the alliance not once, but TWICE?
It was drowned out by my mind playing "I'm on a Boat"; on loop.

https://youtu.be/K46l8NEZ9bM

Jania do you want to build a snow/blight man?
The books are also, in my opinion, heavily favored toward the Alliance. I am reading Before the Storm right now and even though I am a Horde playing I am enjoying the Alliance side of the story a lot more. Anduin and company are written very well in the book, and come off as the 'good guys.'

I do not believe the Horde are favored just because they have a cinematic.
08/09/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Akhen
The books are also, in my opinion, heavily favored toward the Alliance. I am reading Before the Storm right now and even though I am a Horde playing I am enjoying the Alliance side of the story a lot more. Anduin and company are written very well in the book, and come off as the 'good guys.'

That's a fair argument, I think. Great post.
08/09/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Akhen

I don't think they are *favored* as much as they're easier to write for since they are more layered than the Alliance characters.

It does seem a little dumb to have a cinematic that's all "Oh look how sad Saurfang is this is really hard for him" when the burning tree was a lot more 'sad and hard' for... you know... the people that lived in the tree.

I was fine with the cinematic, it was ok. I do think it was a missed opportunity to show some layers for Tyrande or someone Alliance side. Rage and Fury and Sadness and all that.

I was hoping we'd get a cinematic from that point of view to go with this 'Saurfang is really stressed' one.
Why do people cry so much.......
08/09/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Kendogger
like they would...

Horde fan or not, You can never hope to compare any current Alliance leader to Varok Saurfang. Even Alliance players know this.
08/09/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Glamlamb

What game did you think you were playing? Warcraft 3?
During the Alliance cinematic when anduin is entering the castle.. actually yes...
WHAT? we aren't at the end of the BFA expansion?! What do you MEAN we have no idea whats coming. What are you talking about saying the story isn't finished?!

These nonsense threads can go die in a fire.
They made one... but we burned that too.
08/09/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Byniri
But that doesn't appeal to the Sylvanas fanboys.

Can't have that.

At ease, Captain Salt. If the Alliance get one, it'll likely be at the end of BfA to close out the expansion.
08/09/2018 12:18 PMPosted by Halfape
They made one... but we burned that too.

hahahaha well played :)
08/09/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Scárlet
08/09/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Glamlamb

What game did you think you were playing? Warcraft 3?
During the Alliance cinematic when anduin is entering the castle.. actually yes...
that was so awesome.

I would pay movie ticket money to see that in CGI.
I knew this was coming!