Sylvanas can raise undead now?

General Discussion
Without the aid of Valkyr?

Was there something more going on between her and Helya than what was shown? I know Helya used to be in charge before Eyir. Who knows what went on between them before she was defeated.

Anyone know? Yea they were bones and not corpses but she still raised them and they're not just human too. Other races were raised as well.
Well, she has been able to animate the dead to some capacity since she was introduced as a Dark Ranger in Warcraft III.
And she talks about raising Saurfang too if he got his warrior's death.
Just skeletons, there isn't anyone inside of them. So they aren't like the Forsaken who had their minds enslaved.

They are more like a Death Knight's Ghoul than anything.

She still needs the Val'kyr the do anything more than that.
08/10/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Pontiff
And she talks about raising Saurfang too if he got his warrior's death.

She has always had the ability to raise mindless, shambling corpses, if that is what she is referring to when speaking of raising Saurfang.

As far as raising sentient and powerful Forsaken, I’m pretty sure that’s what requires the Val’kyr.
08/10/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Xerash
As far as raising sentient and powerful Forsaken, I’m pretty sure that’s what requires the Val’kyr.

Or Bolvar.
08/10/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Smokehammer

Or Bolvar.

Or the Dearhlord :D

I got to raise some folks that were pretty darn sentient...y
Ahh okay. Thanks for the replies. They were only reanimated not actually raised.
Ahh okay. Thanks for the replies. They were only reanimated not actually raised.
Dang double post. Lol sorry.
08/10/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Lilywhite

Or Bolvar.

Death Knights and the Lich King are different beasts entirely, obviously. Death Knights are a class of undead that normal Forsaken can only dream of becoming.

Death Knights were created in the Lich King’s image, by the Lich King himself, after all.
08/10/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Xerash

Death Knights and the Lich King are different beasts entirely, obviously. Death Knights are a class of undead that normal Forsaken can only dream of becoming.

Death Knights were created in the Lich King’s image, by the Lich King himself, after all.

HEY....

I am Forsaken, AND a Death Knight.

How, I have no idea, but I am.
08/10/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Sceron

HEY....

I am Forsaken, AND a Death Knight.

How, I have no idea, but I am.

Which means you’re better than a non-Death Knight Forsaken. Congratulations!

The Forsaken are just a faction of living dead anyways and not actually a race. Most of them are just run-of-the-mill living dead.

Death Knights are essentially miniature Lich Kings and are one of the most powerful classes of living dead entities.
Well, she was made by Arthas. And DK's can raise dead. Stands to reason she should be able to as well. You could say she is a Death Hunter. Technically speaking.
She can raise skeletons, and has always been able to, but she can't create more undead like the forsaken on her own.

Or Bolvar.

You know ya boi is going to play a prominent role in this xpac. It's almost guaranteed. Who better to fight against old gods than the mutha f'in lich king.

Your last lines reminded me of https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-bb89f7286553b9a482a6c0eaffc2bd9b

I assumed it was the power of their artifact that let them raise Nazgrim, Whitemane, etc.
08/11/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Tresa

I assumed it was the power of their artifact that let them raise Nazgrim, Whitemane, etc.

Possibly. You could be right.

Regardless, I would imagine that Death Knights would be better necromancers than Sylvanas, in spite of our player character Death Knights not being as powerful as her.

Sure, she raised some mindless skeletons in the Battle for Lordaeron, but she shouldn’t actually be better at raising the dead than our Death Knights. In spite of our Death Knights being limited to raising one ghoul for gameplay reasons, Death Knights are extremely powerful undead champions that are each essentially miniature Lich Kings. Sylvanas is a special case because she has the skill of a Silvermoon Ranger General and the powers of a banshee. Being dead lets her attune to shadow and death magic more easily, something that she and her Dark Rangers have taken advantage of, but being a Banshee doesn’t come with any necromancy perks. Her necromantic prowess shouldn’t be anywhere close to that of an average Death Knight’s.