Sylvanas can raise undead now?

General Discussion
08/10/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Xerash
Well, she has been able to animate the dead to some capacity since she was introduced as a Dark Ranger in Warcraft III.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/darkranger.shtml

Black Arrow Information
This can allow you to create a skeleton army!

Remember that in order to get the Minion, you need to be attacking the target as it dies. Attacking every enemy on the field and then waiting for them to die will not work.

Black Arrow allows you to get better Skeletons than Undead players with Necromancers! =)

Black Arrow is very good for Creeping. What you do is attack a Creep Camp to build up some Skeletons. Then use those Skeletons to attack the next Creep Camp. Then continue on with Creep Camps until you have a large army of Skeletons!

Black Arrow works very well with ranged units. If you can quickly pick off a bunch of enemy units while under the Black Arrow effect you can build up a large group of Skeletons.
Can you raise a dead undead death knight?
08/11/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Xerash
08/11/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Tresa
...I assumed it was the power of their artifact that let them raise Nazgrim, Whitemane, etc.

Possibly. You could be right.

Regardless, I would imagine that Death Knights would be better necromancers than Sylvanas, in spite of our player character Death Knights not being as powerful as her.

Sure, she raised some mindless skeletons in the Battle for Lordaeron, but she shouldn’t actually be better at raising the dead than our Death Knights. In spite of our Death Knights being limited to raising one ghoul for gameplay reasons, Death Knights are extremely powerful undead champions that are each essentially miniature Lich Kings. Sylvanas is a special case because she has the skill of a Silvermoon Ranger General and the powers of a banshee. Being dead lets her attune to shadow and death magic more easily, something that she and her Dark Rangers have taken advantage of, but being a Banshee doesn’t come with any necromancy perks. Her necromantic prowess shouldn’t be anywhere close to that of an average Death Knight’s.

All I know is that I the Deathlord raised Nazgrim, Whitemane, Mograine and Trollbane.

Who has Sylv raised that was of any importance and had any sort of power levels even equaling the Four Horsemen?
The fact that so many people are confused by Sylvanas's abilities only lead me to the conclusion that they're poorly defined and explained in the lore. I get that she's a banshee/dark ranger, but what the hell does that even mean? What is that purple gunk she attaches to her arrows? Ebola?
08/11/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Momimfotm
The fact that so many people are confused by Sylvanas's abilities only lead me to the conclusion that they're poorly defined and explained in the lore. I get that she's a banshee/dark ranger, but what the hell does that even mean? What is that purple gunk she attaches to her arrows? Ebola?

I have no idea what abilities a Banshee has in the Warcraft universe. She is a class that no other npcs or players can be.

New BfA class: Banshee. I'd play one. Nvm the screaming part would get old fast when trying to dps. No thanks.

But people have said they were just mindless not exactly raised she herself was.