Believe it or not, we can stop playing your game

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Ah, Sunday. The day of lies :D
To be honest, the only real fun I derive from the current iteration of WoW comes almost *exclusively* from the PvP/battlegrounds aspect of the game. Other than that the rest of the game does get boring unless you raid.

I've taken breaks before, but honestly if they implement any more Orwellian "policies" (or if the existing "policies" get even worse) I think I'll just quit for good and move on to a different game or hobby. So many anti-player changes to the game should not be rewarded by us customers imo.

If it was *just* one or two bad features, that's one thing... but lately it seems "most" of the changes to the game are in the wrong direction (group finder nerfed, leveling nerfed, etc).
08/11/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Linkstery
08/11/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Domebuddy
every expansion, the same threads get posted. Like clockwork. Just because "you" are angry and upset, does not mean the majority of the playerbase is. Even if everyone on the General discussion forum seems upset, it does not indicate the player base. Most of the happy player base don't go out of their way to cry on the general forums, they just play the game.

Are you telling me the bugs, the abyssmal storytelling and the removal of auto accept is all acceptable

That is YOUR opinion. I’ve experienced a couple bugs but not near as many as I see in Word as an example. I like the story, but of course I realize we are at the very beginning of it. I created and joined groups today, auto accept was there and working. So I don’t agree with any part of YOUR opinion. But you know what? It doesn’t matter.
i quit for about 6 months until i saw statements reversing the issues that made me quit.
08/11/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Zeropointt
Ah, Sunday. The day of lies :D

Still have 38 minutes, dammit!
they survived 14 years of posts like this they'll probably survive more
08/11/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Teksu
they survived 14 years of posts like this they'll probably survive more

These changes lately are regressive though, are they not
08/11/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Linkstery
There comes a point where continually making anti player descisions needs to come to an end. And its reached the point where its up to the player to break that cycle.

Yup, not even responding to breaking auto-accept and grouping mods ahead of the new expac in the final hours of Legion pushed me over the edge.

Sub's up in 9hrs. Enjoy BfA those you are sticking around. Maybe I'll see you in 8.1 when we are finally out of beta.
08/11/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Illidonkey
Please for the love of god just unsubscribe and stop making a post every 5 seconds. This has crossed into trolling at this point.

Lights above you're right he's been posting like mad! I think OP single-handedly kept that "Safe space" thread up on front page. He had like 5 pages of responses to it
08/11/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Linkstery
There comes a point where continually making anti player descisions needs to come to an end.

Every single decision Blizzard made was PRO-player, not anti-player. The decisions just were not pro-YOU.

Not only don't you speak for all players, you don't speak for MOST players. You speak for the tiny, tiny group that constantly complains in the forums, and will eventually decide "this game is not for me" and quit...

...exactly like you predict. The only difference is you think all players are like you. Instead, some vets are like you. Most new players (that are not even playing yet) do NOT share your opinions. Those are the players Blizzard needs, and is trying to get.

I know, I know, it sucks to NOT be the player that is most important to Blizzard, the one they design their game around.
08/11/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Beezlebubba
i quit for about 6 months until i saw statements reversing the issues that made me quit.

I think I stayed away for 18 months at one point. I've been playing since TBC but probably only half of that time has been subbed. If there's something I don't like, given enough time they have a habit of rectifying it. I have stopped playing many times when I simply ran out of fun.

This is a good game though for me to play for a few months here and there. That way when I come back there's always some catchup mechanism that lets me skip what I didn't feel like doing in the first place.
08/11/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Leesaa
Every single decision Blizzard made was PRO-player, not anti-player. The decisions just were not pro-YOU.

Removing flight wasn't a pro-player decision, nor was removing ML. Both were attempts to lessen costs and extend the life of content.
I'm having a lot of fun.

I have no intention of leaving.

I have no problems following the ToS. It's quite easy really.

If you don't like the game, aren't having fun, then time to go.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
Youre right, I can stop playing the game, and when I stop having fun I will. Hasen't happened in a while, but I will probably take a break sometime during this xpack
08/11/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Espur
08/11/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Leesaa

Removing flight wasn't a pro-player decision, nor was removing ML. Both were attempts to lessen costs and extend the life of content.

This. It takes longer to fly yourself across northrend at top speed than it does to navigate the broken Isles or Argus on foot. Flying used to be a real cool reward for leveling your character on the ground through all those switchbacks. But now it doesn't even matter because the maps are small and simple and compartmentalized (see Argus) so you can run on the ground and get where you're going just as fast, you just haven't crossed as much terrain. Oh noes a mob might chase you!

It's beginning to become pretty transparent that they are walking the game back so they don't have to put as much work into it. It's an old game, I can even understand that. I agree they shouldn't even do Q&A's anymore, as it's just a bunch of gladhanding defenses for why they're making the game more annoying to play than in the past so people will take longer to accomplish less. This is practically unprecedented, I have always felt going into a new expansion that the game was improving, but so many steps backward just in the last few weeks.

I really hope quest gear improves this character, my boost armor is garbage right now.
I just unlocked this character, damn straight I'm gonna keep playing. That was the decision I made, do it or don't. I chose to. I hated doing it, but now I have what I wanted.

Bottom line is I still find the game engaging enough to turn it on, when I don't I'll just unsub until the bug hits me again, and I'll always have this character now to come back to, so that horrible horrible grind is over forever! :D

This.
See you Tuesday!

FTFY
this ain't my game tho
derp
this isn't a private email to blizzard so stop saying "your" like the only people readin it are blizz devs
08/12/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Zoopain
See you Tuesday!

FTFY

I guess that depends on what time zone you live in. Game launches on Monday here in the states.
08/11/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Boffo
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

You.... I like you :D