Horde v. Ally mounts in BfA: is this for real?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
You're alliance, that's why. Nothing to see here
08/12/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Evilbadguy
If you want to play the superior in every way faction the horde is there waiting for you.

More like the dev favorite.

Ian and buddies put all the effort on the Horde development, then design everything on the Alliance in the last 5 minutes. That's how Nightborne and Highmountain got entire zones and narratives dedicated to them while the Alliance Copypasted Draenei and Void Elves. And now, horses, footman and blue trash every-freaking-where.

What a pile of trash BfA has turned out to be.
You guys are Alliance. You are scared of everything that isn't a horse.
I accepted this many many years ago. Only clear time the Alliance had it much better was classic, and Wrath can be argued over due to the Forsaken. I just expect every expansion to be Horde favored, that way there is no disappointment to be had.

I play both factions and my main is Horde if that counts for anything.
Salty thread.

Nay you enjoy your many horses alliance players.
08/12/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Noctyth
Yeah, this one is probably the most obvious Horde bias. The difference in effort is pretty surprising tbh.

Haha I *new warchief every 2 expansion* sure *SoO* love *thrall forgotten* being *looses the undercity AGAIN* the *alliance heroes expansion just ended* favorite *Sylvanas is made evil for the lulz* faction
Even though i don't really play Alliance, I do feel bad about your mounts, A little part of me is still hoping that your Horses are different, For example the Stormsong horse could be a corrupted old god horse thingy, with a weird tentacle face
08/12/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Kronoin
You can have cool things, but you have to be ugly to get them.

lmao, true
people still dont know Horde>Alliance?
08/12/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Kronoin
You can have cool things, but you have to be ugly to get them.

What are you talking about, you're a troll. The sexiest race in the game!
Horde are literally getting an extra mount it's so dumb
Suffice it to say, you tried to make a claim that the alliance lost something the Horde did not yet the Horde also lost something and it is in lore limbo now. [quote]Standard alliance claim that does nothing but enforces the idea the alliance player base are nothing but whiny brats that ignore anything that goes against their views.

I don't play Horde, so I don't quest there. All I see is that it's still standing and looks fine from the outside. And I didn't hear any complaints about it being lost before or after the expansion launched.

You know what else I didn't hear? The devs snickering about it like they did Nethergarde. Lemme know when the frigging devs sit up onstage at frigging BlizzCon and make flippant jokes about the destruction of one of your bases.

You're the typical Horde player. You're fine with all the preferential treatment you're shown, but you swear up and down it doesn't exist. And when there's the rare momentary blip where the Alliance get something, you're screaming how unfair it is. You're like the spoiled kid who doesn't want to admit they're spoiled. But if daddy gives a sucker to the other child before you, you're losing your mind and claiming WE'RE the ones who get preferential treatment.
08/12/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Serevèn
08/12/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Exsul
You want nontraditional exciting fantasy you go horde.
Orcs, goblins, minotaurs, elves, and skeletons. Wowie zowie that's funky fresh!

Best comment

08/12/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Antiman
you want the fantasy where you are a monster fighting worse monsters or the traditional fantasy turned on its head and from the view of traditional monsters, roll Horde

Bro, wha are you talking about? That's like... a super overused fantasy trope. I fact, your faction leader is the most basic definition of a "shapeshifter" character archetype.
Ohh sweetie, it sure must be nice to think you're so special all the time.

PS:. we are getting new gryphons as well as the horses so calm down. I'd rather have 3 recolors of cool mounts than have 3 ugly af new models mounts that I'll never even use. Also, we've also had the better pre-patch mount by far...
08/12/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Hamstar
08/12/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Androktasia
Horde: daily quest chain for a flying mount
Alliance: nothing

Horde: 3 completely different models for their rep mounts, including the Hyena which alliance only have access to via a world drop.
Alliance: 3 different colored horses

????????

Yes you get 2 of the 3 "unique" horde mounts as drops. Feel free to cry about how unfair it is.

Not including the fact that Void elves give them a Void version of the Blood elf racial mount. I wish we got an Alliance race and we could get one of their racial mounts just reskinned.

But that would be bias. >_>
It's called Battle for Horderoth for a reason. Isn't it?

So far the story completely revolves around Horde actions, and perhaps even more so Horde REactions.

Upright orcs, golden eyes for blood elves, ridiculous amounts of work put in Zandalari druid forms, one extra druid with HM Tauren, multiple clans with Mag'har-- and the equivalent huge request to brown orcs and upright orcs firmly denied and indeed mocked (if you want to play a 'high elf', Horde is waiting for you. Despite the fact they aren't High Elves as a faction anymore, despite the fact that High Elves ARE on Alliance, despite the fact that a High Elf Allied Race could easily look as unique as Void Elves), being High Elves (actually it's not equivalent, it's more requested). The list is extensive now.

How about that comical interview with Ion?

SPOILERS---

Ready for an attacks on Stormwind? Or perhaps yet another damaged Alliance city with Boralus? (it will be Alliance soon enough).

Oh and every time some fool brings up Origimmar. Orgimmar was LIBERATED, and rather importantly, not just by Alliance-- something people conveniently 'forget'. The fact is you actually get story to talk about, you as a player liking those actions or not is beside the point.

Horde leadership changes more frequently? Ditto once again. You chose Horde, and you should have known having all these disparate factions is inevitably going to lead to internal conflict. That is just how the Horde is.
08/13/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Nithenarina
Upright orcs, golden eyes for blood elves, ridiculous amounts of work put in Zandalari druid forms, one extra druid with HM Tauren, multiple clans with Mag'har-- and the equivalent huge request to brown orcs and upright orcs firmly denied and indeed mocked (if you want to play a 'high elf', Horde is waiting for you. Despite the fact they aren't High Elves as a faction anymore, despite the fact that High Elves ARE on Alliance, despite the fact that a High Elf Allied Race could easily look as unique as Void Elves), being High Elves (actually it's not equivalent, it's more requested). The list is extensive now.

lol, that is hardly equivalent

wanting new color for the main horde race vs wanting the horde's most played race but with blue eyes

get outta here with your false equivalence crap

your human variant is kul tirans which come with brand new models and animations and sick heritage armor, along with super unique druid forms
Ready for an attacks on Stormwind? Or perhaps yet another damaged Alliance city with Boralus? (it will be Alliance soon enough).

You guys need to stop... this "attack" on SW [spoiler alert] ends with 4 of the Horde's most important racial leaders running around scared of big bad Jaina. It was hilarious to hear Thalysra, a 10,000+ year mage, say "we can't fight her, run!" when she sees Jaina.

Also, I've done all of the zones of both factions and I'll tell ya: they're both gorgeous. Yes, the Nazmir storyline leads to the FIRST raid of the expansion but that doesn't mean that the story is "Horde-focused".

You people can be so dramatic sometimes...

Oh and every time some fool brings up Origimmar. Orgimmar was LIBERATED, and rather importantly, not just by Alliance-- something people conveniently 'forget'. The fact is you actually get story to talk about, you as a player liking those actions or not is beside the point.

Still have my "Conqueror of Orgrimmar" and "Hordebreaker" title though... I can't imagine Horde players felt very good about us getting those.

Some people go looking for reasons to be upset.
08/13/2018 12:59 AMPosted by Dissolute
08/12/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Hamstar

Yes you get 2 of the 3 "unique" horde mounts as drops. Feel free to cry about how unfair it is.

Not including the fact that Void elves give them a Void version of the Blood elf racial mount. I wish we got an Alliance race and we could get one of their racial mounts just reskinned.

But that would be bias. >_>

Horde get the only 'unique' Alliance mount as a drop.

There is a horse or two available to Horde.
08/13/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Nithenarina
Horde get the only 'unique' Alliance mount as a drop.

There is a horse or two available to Horde.

Not true... Horde doesn't have access to gryphons.
08/13/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Alauryn

You guys need to stop... this "attack" on SW [spoiler alert] ends with 4 of the Horde's racial leaders running around scared of big bad Jaina. It was hilarious to hear Thalysra, a 10,000+ year mage, say "we can't fight her, run!" when she sees Jaina.

Also, I've done all of the zones of both factions and I'll tell ya: they're both gorgeous. Yes, the Nazmir storyline leads to the FIRST raid of the expansion but that doesn't mean that the story is "Horde-focused".

You people can be so dramatic sometimes...

Still have my "Conqueror of Orgrimmar" and "Hordebreaker" title though... I can't imagine Horde players felt very good about us getting those.

What feeble counters.

You bring up a couple of titles as a comparison to actually destroyed Alliance cities in the game itself? Had a look at Theramor lately?

"So far the story completely revolves around Horde actions, and perhaps even more so Horde REactions."

There's a reason I said 'so far'. You know 4 weeks of story going into the expansion do actually matter. Realistically what do you actually think is going to happen as far as tangible battles go?

Kindly don't cherry pick a couple of points either. I made a full post about actual playable features, which matter more to me in fact.

I think you'll find it rather likely what we're going to get for the first year is just another Warfront in Barrens. Another even tug-of-war.