Auction House: Are people serious with these prices?

General Discussion
70,000 gold for item level 300 gear. Ilevel 310 gear goes for upwards 85,000.

I'm almost convinced that people are playing a joke on the server by doing this.
Tempest Hide is really annoying to farm.

Also new expansion prices are high and lots of people are willing to pay any expense to skip grinding normals and jump into Heroics.
Start of xpac it's always the same, where have you been?
This has been going on since day one. People sell copper ore for a million gold because the odd time people don't pay attention to what they are doing a buy it.
About 3 weeks before end of legion i sold boe 945 pants for 95.5k, so those prices to help get into heroic not bad
The Auction House is a deranged mistress.

After a few rounds of no one buying it and paying the auction fee for nothing, folks tend to lower their expectations and price.
08/17/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Slyboots
This has been going on since day one. People sell copper ore for a million gold because the odd time people don't pay attention to what they are doing a buy it.

This isn’t anything like that. That gear is actually selling at those prices. I sold a Darkmoon Trinket of fathoms yesterday for 600k, I was the lowest on the AH.
In a few weeks when quantities go up the price will come down
Supply vs Demand. Low supply, high demand. I'm sure many people would love to pay 1K for a ilvl300 piece of gear, less than a week into the expansion.
gold has very little value right now, and heroic - mythic dungeon gear is a premium now.

In 2 weeks they will drop like lead.
Gold is worthless

400k is chump change
Gotta fund those 5 mil gold mounts somehow, I guess.
First time you've been around for the first week of a new expansion?
08/17/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Althasar

I'm almost convinced that people are playing a joke on the server by doing this.

A reason crafters are asking big prices is because gearing via personal loot normal dungeons is slow if you don't have a guild group and heroics idiotically require 305. Also, DPS want to jump the normal queue times which are 45-60 minutes. Very few want to tank b/c the tanks all feel clunky/awful and threat is more of an issue now.

Also, a decent number of quests that offer rewards are bugged and not even working. People are jumping the WQ/normal dungeon stage with crafted gear.
Also factor in some people would rather use tokens to get their game time on top of that 5 million gold mount and you slowly begin to comprehend why the tokens were a bad idea in the first place. Now that players are rich from two expansions and tokens are worth so much gold they want to keep accumulating that wealth. it's really old hat by now it's why I never purchase anything off the AH.
Personally, I think it was a mistake for gold/wowtoken to be used for other games.
A flower is selling for 67Gold...come on now...
08/17/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Althasar

Time is money, friend.

(It will level out as the expansion gets going. First week, the sharks are out for blood)
I haven’t tried selling the Leather Combatant Gear but the Mail ones sold quickly for like 10-15k (Mail is stupid easy to farm, unlike Leather)
they know people have tons of gold. but if no ones buying it'll drop fast.