To those that don't think Horde favoritism

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
08/18/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Draclaura
I've spoken 2 steps in all your zones they are 50000x present better than most the lame hordes are only good one was nazrim

I'm about 1/2 way through Stormsong Valley and it feels like a hot mess. Its basically an entire zone of side quests. Tirasgarde Sound had a well connected story but for the most part I felt rather 'meh' about it. Not quite what I would call boring but pretty close. Drustvar was pretty damn good I'll give them that but it had jack all to do with the overall story of BFA.

I'd give the Alliance questing experience a solid C+.
08/18/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Moonfalls
I've spoken 2 steps in all your zones they are 50000x present better than most the lame hordes are only good one was nazrim

I'm about 1/2 way through Stormsong Valley and it feels like a hot mess. Its basically an entire zone of side quests. Tirasgarde Sound had a well connected story but for the most part I felt rather 'meh' about it. Not quite what I would call boring but pretty close. Drustvar was pretty damn good I'll give them that but it had jack all to do with the overall story of BFA.

we have one of those 2 to make it worse ours is a desert lol

we have one of those 2 to make it worse ours is a desert lol

I haven't really seen the Horde zones aside from those side missions we get to create footholds there. The Alliance zones are beautiful, but that isn't anything new. The Art and World Design teams have been absolute rockstars since MoP.
08/18/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Moonfalls
... we have one of those 2 to make it worse ours is a desert lol

I haven't really seen the Horde zones aside from those side missions we get to create footholds there. The Alliance zones are beautiful, but that isn't anything new. The Art and World Design teams have been absolute rockstars since MoP.
then walk into the zones before claiming favoritism lol
08/18/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Draclaura
then walk into the zones before claiming favoritism lol

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
08/17/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Yasudra
Alliance wants to be the goodie two shoes and wants Horde to be the bad guy.

And then when Blizz does that, they complain.

Sorry, but goody two shoes is just boring. Bad guys are not.
Being evil because evil, is just as boring (if not more so) than goodie two shoes.
This horde bias that I keep hearing so much about...
Where can we get some of that?

I sometimes think of what would happen if the alliance lost all of their original leaders except for one got stormwind sieged the next expansion about killing their heroes of the past and then have to be the lap dogs of the horde on the most awesome war ever....
Yeah that's horde bias all right
08/17/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Tyranitas
Dear Mommy,

I'm upset about the time that you gave Susie a bigger piece of pie than me. I measured it on a scale, and hers was larger. Enclosed please find receipts from my therapist. Kindly reimburse me at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

Your less-favorite child.

I laughed
See this thread here for more absolutely ridiculous effort disparity between Horde and Alliance in terms of mounts.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767718034

As illustrated in the Imgur album, the Alliance has literally been given placeholders complete with truly and utterly copy/pasted, unaltered assets while the Horde gets brand new, shiny, faction-relevant mounts.

I feel so valued.
08/18/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Èxu
08/17/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Ayaani
*Long passionate interview about the Horde*

-What about the Alliance?

-Who? Oh yeah. These guys. Uhhh.... well, their tree burned and stuff. They'll have to build new homes for the elf hobos.

Lol Blizzard.

What else did you expect?

You guys want to be the White Knights who are the TRUE HEROES OF AZEROTH, right? You chose to be Mary Sues.

Well, then you have to understand that without strife there is no real compelling story.
Guess what, Mary Sues are boring.

If you want your faction to be rich with storytelling, you have to allow for internal strife. But you don't want internal strife because you see your faction leaders as perfect people who can't do no wrong.

Seriously guys the writers CANNOT make your story better because there's just nothing to tell! Tyrande and Malfurion are sitting on their behinds sipping tea waiting for Anduin and Jaina to fix the war for them. Everyone else is just waiting for what His Golden Holiness King Anduin has to say as well. There is no story if there's no argument, and there's no argument in the Alliance.

You made your own bed, folks.

Yep, listen to this guy here, no story about good guys has been told ever. It just doesn't happen. All books and stories are about cool bad guys. People LOVE bad guys winning, it's a well-known fact. Also good guys = Mary Sue according to this guy, someone should re-write the wikipedia article.
Imagine crying about favoritism in a video game
08/19/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Mithrandys

Imagine thinking it's fine to screw half your paying customers
08/17/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Amynleana
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/interviews/2018/8/17/17697560/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-interview-blizzard-horde-alliance-w

I'll just leave this here...

To be fair I am having fun in the Kul Tiran zones. But there isn't much actual Alliance developement. And we are just shown as inept more times than not. Wish Alliance got the same attention as horde :(

i hate to break it to you, but anduin isn't exactly experienced like varian. so yea the alliance is going to have some issues until he finds his feet. and i don't mean the mary sue he is becoming. simply giving him his fathers sword and making him a badazz does not equate to good story telling.
I'll start by saying I play both sides. 1 main on each side, to play with my friend who also faction hops like mad. Blizzard has been Alliance biased for a long time, and the second the focus drifts away from them, people freaking cry. It's like a child used to getting all the attention, and then mommy has a new baby. Except now this new baby is the evil child.. Ugh. Believe me, Horde don't want this attention, this isn't favoritism. We're being set up to be seen as 'the evil players' and to be struck down again.

Remember how Siege of Orgrimmar was a raid? Yeah. You don't RAID on the good guys. So until we're storming the halls to kill one of your leaders-turn-evil, we're not the favorites. The story is slightly focused around Horde simply because Blizzard is setting the stage to strike us down again - being set up to do things we really don't want to do. I didn't sign up to be a part of a faction that spews blight at everything and kills, and enslaves their own men.

Which side do you really want? To be jeered at by 11 year olds on the forums for playing the 'bad guys', or to be the Mary Sues flying in on Jaina's flying viking ship to save the day with the power of the Holy Light? Believe me, the Alliance have it way better. In a few patches, everything will even out. Hopefully Baine becomes warchief or something and things can be chill for a while.
-Create "Faction expansion"
-Make it all about the Horde

#Blizzard

These Devs are so childish and unprofessional is pathetic.
08/19/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Kaleesh

Imagine thinking it's fine to screw half your paying customers
Apparently it is because no matter how much you whine about favoritism you won’t unsub
08/19/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Kaleesh
See this thread here for more absolutely ridiculous effort disparity between Horde and Alliance in terms of mounts.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20767718034

As illustrated in the Imgur album, the Alliance has literally been given placeholders complete with truly and utterly copy/pasted, unaltered assets while the Horde gets brand new, shiny, faction-relevant mounts.

I feel so valued.

This one actually bothers me.

Imagine caring about something you used to enjoy and want to enjoy again.
08/19/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Psychopath
simply giving him his fathers sword and making him a badazz does not equate to good story telling.

Putting him in charge of the faction when there are other leaders with 10's of thousands of years experience leading their people isn't good story telling either. But this is Blizz we are talking about.
So, I look at it this way...

On the Alliance side of the fence: You guys lost a king. But it was 'kay because you had Anduin who was raised to take over the crown from his father eventually anyway. He'd have been brought up learning how to be a leader. The transition was pretty much seamless and all was good. The Alliance is a group of like-minded races working together to build a better world for each other.

On the Horde side: Our Warchief walked away from us at the end of Cataclysm. We lost a Warchief in MoP. We lost a Warchief in Legion. We have just gained a new Warchief but, as was also the case with Garrosh, not everybody agrees with Sylvanas. The Horde is being divided, fragmenting into groups that align with or against Sylvanas. The Horde is a group of individual races that tend to be focused on their own race first and the Horde second.

Of course things are gonna be more interesting when there's conflict. Everything working like a well-oiled wheel is boring.