Remove ilvl scaling and NEVER bring it back

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
I do agree about remove the ilvl scaling, but what a bad way to start a thread OP.
08/23/2018 04:10 AMPosted by ßîtshîft
08/23/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Arieloth
I don’t watch your streams because I’m having too much fun playing.

Why are you trolling the forums then?

Ooops.

#exposed

And why are you trolling me?

#youtoo

That's an interesting interpretation.

And deadly accurate.

Might wanna take some time today to look into the mirror.

I can probably guess your age within 5 years.... 26?

Nailed it huh?
Narcissism aside, I agree with the sentiment. I hate mob scaling in all games as it takes the fun out of leveling/gearing up.

Some of the most satisfaction I've ever had in RPG's is going back and owning mobs I struggled against at the lower levels.

All scaling does is take away any sense of progression.
I know that its a heated argument, and I know a lot of yall hate it, but hear me out.

While I think its currently overturned, it does kinda serve a purpose. Lets face it, in Legion and now in BfA iLvL is out of control. We are gaining so many iLvL compared to previous expansions that we quickly become unstoppable powerhouses in older content. By the time 7.3 rolled around I could 1 shot many of the 7.0 WQ enemies with my Judgement, and if it was not a one shot it was a 2 shot. All because iLvL gain was so out of control.

It does not help that there are so many different difficulties of content that they have to distinguish them somehow and as such inflation is through the roof!

While I get its hated, iLvL scaling helps with that issue by not making content extremely easy to out gear while also still being able to grow stronger. The alternative to scaling would instead be crunching ilvl gains between difficulties to the point where maybe normal dungeons gives 295, heroic 300, and mythic 305. At that point does that even feel rewarding or worth the extra difficulty.

Its a strange place we are in where there are just so many difficulties to content, Warforging and Titanforging, ect that the ilvl growth is out of hand.

I think it needs to be tuned, don't get me wrong. Its overturned in my opinion right now but the system serves a purpose and its basically to counter the absurd inflation of iLvL from all the different content difficulties.

Think of it this way, fresh 120 you have roughly 280-285 iLvL. Once raids open you will be able to get up to 400 iLvL. This is the first raid of the expansion, the Emerald Dream of the expansion. We probably have 4, give or take, more raids to go. I wouldn't be surprised, from a guess, if we don't end the expansion with an iLvL cap of close to 600, more doubling what you start 120 at! Without that scaling you would be able to sneeze at current expansion, previous patch, enemies and they would die.

Again, I understand the hate but it does serve a purpose. Even then, I agree its a bit rough right now and needs to be tuned. Its worse than when it was first introduced in Legion :S Some of the enemies just feel like damage sponges and then there are some that if you pull more than 3 you just get torn apart.
Wasnt it the same in legion. It seems bad first week but in a year you'll laugh at how easy the mobs die once gear improves.
Is nobody else wondering why grandpa’s shorts are in the bank?
Ultimatums always work with Blizzard.

But I guess if a bottom tier streamer is gonna boycott, they should be worried.

OP, if you are serious, stream yourself deleting everything and uninstalling the game. Otherwise you are just one of many people throwing and "I quit" tantrum while quietly slinking off to continue playing.

Also, are you sure you want your income to take a hit? Really sure? Because I can guarantee you that in a battle like this Blizzard will come out on top.
08/23/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Akasia
08/23/2018 04:06 AMPosted by Ameghan
The self-importance is strong with this one...

Seriously, though - I just hit 120 today and had zero problems with the ilevel scaling. I'm honestly not sure what the issue is.

You are not going to threaten Blizzard into doing what you want.
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/8/22/17770068/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-scaling-gear

Sorry, that was poor wording on my part. What I meant was that I haven't experienced anything like the issues people have described, so I have difficulty understanding why people are feeling the way they do.
08/23/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
I'm a female gamer , a guild gm and a twitch streamer with a decent following.
Remove the ill scaling or I'm no longer supporting this game.
Take your scaling garbage to the bank grandma and lock it away with grandpas shorts.
As a dps and a healer this is pure garbage.
I and other streamers are currently working on a wow boycott that we plan on implementation soon.
We all are human beans with jobs and a life , we don't have time to waist on your false time sinks.
You've been warned ahead of time.

This is so cringe. You think you have power, but your absence and the few that follow won't be noticed.
08/23/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Byucknah
Without that scaling you would be able to sneeze at current expansion, previous patch, enemies and they would die.

If I've been fighting those same enemies and doing those same quests since the expansion launched, why the hell would I NOT want them to go away without effort? I played through the expansion, worked to gear up, and put in time to become more powerful precisely so I COULD do that. Maybe Blizzard should work on making new challenges instead of using this ridiculous method of making "challenges" we got bored of a year ago still a mind-numbing slog?
I know that its a heated argument, and I know a lot of yall hate it, but hear me out.

While I think its currently overturned, it does kinda serve a purpose. Lets face it, in Legion and now in BfA iLvL is out of control. We are gaining so many iLvL compared to previous expansions that we quickly become unstoppable powerhouses in older content. By the time 7.3 rolled around I could 1 shot many of the 7.0 WQ enemies with my Judgement, and if it was not a one shot it was a 2 shot. All because iLvL gain was so out of control.

It does not help that there are so many different difficulties of content that they have to distinguish them somehow and as such inflation is through the roof!

While I get its hated, iLvL scaling helps with that issue by not making content extremely easy to out gear while also still being able to grow stronger. The alternative to scaling would instead be crunching ilvl gains between difficulties to the point where maybe normal dungeons gives 295, heroic 300, and mythic 305. At that point does that even feel rewarding or worth the extra difficulty.

Its a strange place we are in where there are just so many difficulties to content, Warforging and Titanforging, ect that the ilvl growth is out of hand.

I think it needs to be tuned, don't get me wrong. Its overturned in my opinion right now but the system serves a purpose and its basically to counter the absurd inflation of iLvL from all the different content difficulties.

Think of it this way, fresh 120 you have roughly 280-285 iLvL. Once raids open you will be able to get up to 400 iLvL. This is the first raid of the expansion, the Emerald Dream of the expansion. We probably have 4, give or take, more raids to go. I wouldn't be surprised, from a guess, if we don't end the expansion with an iLvL cap of close to 600, more doubling what you start 120 at! Without that scaling you would be able to sneeze at current expansion, previous patch, enemies and they would die.

Again, I understand the hate but it does serve a purpose. Even then, I agree its a bit rough right now and needs to be tuned. Its worse than when it was first introduced in Legion :S Some of the enemies just feel like damage sponges and then there are some that if you pull more than 3 you just get torn apart.

That's what people want though, to outgear world content. No matter how Blizzard tries to spin it, World Quests are nothing but a tedious and boring timesink. We don't do them because we just want to, we do them because we feel like we have to to facilitate other content so therefore we want to get them over with as quickly as possible so that we can move on to the things we actually want to do, such as raids, dungeons, whatever.

World content, and most content that can be done solo(outside of things like the Mage Tower), is and should be at the bottom of the barrel of difficulty. Most of us don't want it to be challenging or engaging.

How about instead of artificially inflating the difficulty of what is easily the worst content they churn out, maybe come up with something better for us to do that doesn't feel like such a chore.
08/23/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Vaeana
Ultimatums always work with Blizzard.

But I guess if a bottom tier streamer is gonna boycott, they should be worried.

OP, if you are serious, stream yourself deleting everything and uninstalling the game. Otherwise you are just one of many people throwing and "I quit" tantrum while quietly slinking off to continue playing.

Also, are you sure you want your income to take a hit? Really sure? Because I can guarantee you that in a battle like this Blizzard will come out on top.

Lol a bottom tier streamer?
Oh lord I don't want to brag but lets just say I'm making quite a nice living , receive many gifts and I'm halfway in donations to a nvidia 2800 card.
I will take a hit not streaming wow but if I believe in my beliefs and take a stand others will follow.
Please never call me a low level streamer I'm quite popular.
iLvL scaling helps with that issue by not making content extremely easy to out gear while also still being able to grow stronger.

No, ilvl scaling removes the ability to grow stronger.

Let's face it, if we're supposed to be the Champions or Hero's Azeroth needs, then how come we're not even becoming one? It feels like, we are just the "Azeroth Wannabe's".
08/23/2018 04:12 AMPosted by ßîtshîft

That's an interesting interpretation.

And deadly accurate.

Might wanna take some time today to look into the mirror.

I can probably guess your age within 5 years.... 26?

Nailed it huh?

You know, I was going to go for a clever response. But then I thought about your recent posts. You are regularly resorting to insults and other nonsense, and I am guessing its because the game is no longer what you want it to be and that is distressing for you. While I don't condone how you are speaking to people, I can understand why it's happening. But you won't be getting any reaction from me.