Remove ilvl scaling and NEVER bring it back

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
The WQ content is honestly garbage why make it harder, so stupid.
08/23/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
I'm a female gamer , a guild gm and a twitch streamer with a decent following.

None of which have any bearing on the topic or give an additional validity to what you said.

You do sound quite self-absorbed though. Millennial?
08/23/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Byucknah
I know that its a heated argument, and I know a lot of yall hate it, but hear me out.

While I think its currently overturned, it does kinda serve a purpose. Lets face it, in Legion and now in BfA iLvL is out of control. We are gaining so many iLvL compared to previous expansions that we quickly become unstoppable powerhouses in older content. By the time 7.3 rolled around I could 1 shot many of the 7.0 WQ enemies with my Judgement, and if it was not a one shot it was a 2 shot. All because iLvL gain was so out of control.

It does not help that there are so many different difficulties of content that they have to distinguish them somehow and as such inflation is through the roof!

While I get its hated, iLvL scaling helps with that issue by not making content extremely easy to out gear while also still being able to grow stronger. The alternative to scaling would instead be crunching ilvl gains between difficulties to the point where maybe normal dungeons gives 295, heroic 300, and mythic 305. At that point does that even feel rewarding or worth the extra difficulty.

Its a strange place we are in where there are just so many difficulties to content, Warforging and Titanforging, ect that the ilvl growth is out of hand.

I think it needs to be tuned, don't get me wrong. Its overturned in my opinion right now but the system serves a purpose and its basically to counter the absurd inflation of iLvL from all the different content difficulties.

Think of it this way, fresh 120 you have roughly 280-285 iLvL. Once raids open you will be able to get up to 400 iLvL. This is the first raid of the expansion, the Emerald Dream of the expansion. We probably have 4, give or take, more raids to go. I wouldn't be surprised, from a guess, if we don't end the expansion with an iLvL cap of close to 600, more doubling what you start 120 at! Without that scaling you would be able to sneeze at current expansion, previous patch, enemies and they would die.

Again, I understand the hate but it does serve a purpose. Even then, I agree its a bit rough right now and needs to be tuned. Its worse than when it was first introduced in Legion :S Some of the enemies just feel like damage sponges and then there are some that if you pull more than 3 you just get torn apart.
That's a fair point, but the problem is that's kind of the point. By 7.3 you were decked out in full raid gear right? You're killing some of the most powerful demon lords the Burning Legion has to offer. So why should you not absolutely decimate some random deer in the middle of Azuna? Our characters SHOULD feel like unstoppable War Machines after we get even just decent gear. That's why they always add an extra area like Tanaan Jungle and Argus near the end of the expansion, so that it's difficult, but with enemies that make sense to be difficult. It doesn't make sense for me to help kill someone as powerful as Gorak Tul and then struggle to kill some overgrowm Spiders.
08/23/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Orthane
I know that its a heated argument, and I know a lot of yall hate it, but hear me out.

While I think its currently overturned, it does kinda serve a purpose. Lets face it, in Legion and now in BfA iLvL is out of control. We are gaining so many iLvL compared to previous expansions that we quickly become unstoppable powerhouses in older content. By the time 7.3 rolled around I could 1 shot many of the 7.0 WQ enemies with my Judgement, and if it was not a one shot it was a 2 shot. All because iLvL gain was so out of control.

It does not help that there are so many different difficulties of content that they have to distinguish them somehow and as such inflation is through the roof!

While I get its hated, iLvL scaling helps with that issue by not making content extremely easy to out gear while also still being able to grow stronger. The alternative to scaling would instead be crunching ilvl gains between difficulties to the point where maybe normal dungeons gives 295, heroic 300, and mythic 305. At that point does that even feel rewarding or worth the extra difficulty.

Its a strange place we are in where there are just so many difficulties to content, Warforging and Titanforging, ect that the ilvl growth is out of hand.

I think it needs to be tuned, don't get me wrong. Its overturned in my opinion right now but the system serves a purpose and its basically to counter the absurd inflation of iLvL from all the different content difficulties.

Think of it this way, fresh 120 you have roughly 280-285 iLvL. Once raids open you will be able to get up to 400 iLvL. This is the first raid of the expansion, the Emerald Dream of the expansion. We probably have 4, give or take, more raids to go. I wouldn't be surprised, from a guess, if we don't end the expansion with an iLvL cap of close to 600, more doubling what you start 120 at! Without that scaling you would be able to sneeze at current expansion, previous patch, enemies and they would die.

Again, I understand the hate but it does serve a purpose. Even then, I agree its a bit rough right now and needs to be tuned. Its worse than when it was first introduced in Legion :S Some of the enemies just feel like damage sponges and then there are some that if you pull more than 3 you just get torn apart.
That's a fair point, but the problem is that's kind of the point. By 7.3 you were decked out in full raid gear right? You're killing some of the most powerful demon lords the Burning Legion has to offer. So why should you not absolutely decimate some random deer in the middle of Azuna? Our characters SHOULD feel like unstoppable War Machines after we get even just decent gear. That's why they always add an extra area like Tanaan Jungle and Argus near the end of the expansion, so that it's difficult, but with enemies that make sense to be difficult. It doesn't make sense for me to help kill someone as powerful as Gorak Tul and then struggle to kill some overgrowm Spiders.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Man when my rogue hit ilvl 315 it was pure and utter garbage. Mobs got twice as hard. My energy regen seemed twice as slow.

It's just pure and utter untested garbage. Worst thing implemented in this game since it's release. Hands down.

As a software engineer of 25 years I can't fathom how something like this made it thru QA.
08/23/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Saralocks
iLvL scaling helps with that issue by not making content extremely easy to out gear while also still being able to grow stronger.

No, ilvl scaling removes the ability to grow stronger.

Let's face it, if we're supposed to be the Champions or Hero's Azeroth needs, then how come we're not even becoming one? It feels like, we are just the "Azeroth Wannabe's".

Growing stronger is not a 0 or 1 situation of "0" not being stronger and "1" being stronger.

There is room for exponential growth where a fresh 120 in iLvL 295 may take 30 seconds to kill a single enemy while a 340 can do it in 20 seconds. That is still growth no matter how you look at it. And considering its only the second week and come September people will start working towards that big old 400 ilvl... What are you honestly expecting from week 2 of the expansion?

There are ways to express character growth outside of "Can I or can't I one shot this thing?" It can be a gradient of growth instead of large jumps, with the gradient becoming far more apparent in later patch cycles.

Its literally the second week of the game, you shouldn't be expecting to one shot anything. Like I said above though, I agree that the scaling may need some tuning right now though.
/signed
I lost it at 'human beans'
The problem with a steamer boycott:
You're a dime-a-dozen and no one needs you

Not Blizzard
Not the wow community

We will see how long this boycott lasts when other steamers step in to fill the void and your followers go somewhere else.
08/23/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Byucknah
08/23/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Saralocks

No, ilvl scaling removes the ability to grow stronger.

Let's face it, if we're supposed to be the Champions or Hero's Azeroth needs, then how come we're not even becoming one? It feels like, we are just the "Azeroth Wannabe's".

Growing stronger is not a 0 or 1 situation of "0" not being stronger and "1" being stronger.

There is room for exponential growth where a fresh 120 in iLvL 295 may take 30 seconds to kill a single enemy while a 340 can do it in 20 seconds. That is still growth no matter how you look at it. And considering its only the second week and come September people will start working towards that big old 400 ilvl... What are you honestly expecting from week 2 of the expansion?

There are ways to express character growth outside of "Can I or can't I one shot this thing?" It can be a gradient of growth instead of large jumps, with the gradient becoming far more apparent in later patch cycles.

Its literally the second week of the game, you shouldn't be expecting to one shot anything. Like I said above though, I agree that the scaling may need some tuning right now though.

I think the real issue here is people want to smash the world content stuff so bad because it is just boring. We only do WQ to get rep so we can continue some of the story or unlock races---not because we enjoy doing it.

Or we need azerite so we can unlock our armor skills in order to provide SOMETHING new in terms of how we play our classes. And I am being quite generous with that-considering they are just passives.
08/23/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Renztok
I think the real issue here is people want to smash the world content stuff so bad because it is just boring. We only do WQ to get rep so we can continue some of the story or unlock races---not because we enjoy doing it.

Or we need azerite so we can unlock our armor skills in order to provide SOMETHING new in terms of how we play our classes. And I am being quite generous with that-considering they are just passives.

I mean, I guess I can get that. That's fair to be honest. I can understand the desire just to get through faster. Personally I am not of that camp, but I get it with stuff like iLvL upgrades and quests locked behind the reps.

08/23/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Krypollo
He's tearing up as he's writing this because he knows its a lie.

Sounds like some pretty hefty self imposing if you ask me. Its okay to be frustrated and upset, friend :)
All these arguments for and against the ilvl scaling don’t mean a thing. What it all boils down to is one thing: It’s a game; is it fun?

And right now, the answer (for me) is no, it’s not.
08/23/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Talvea
OH DARN blizz lost like 100 people out of millions they care so much!
Btw im a transgender !@#$%^ artist with a furry fetish

Translation: I'm a product of the millennial generation and social media era.