Remove ilvl scaling and NEVER bring it back

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
08/23/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
08/23/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Vaeana
Ultimatums always work with Blizzard.

But I guess if a bottom tier streamer is gonna boycott, they should be worried.

OP, if you are serious, stream yourself deleting everything and uninstalling the game. Otherwise you are just one of many people throwing and "I quit" tantrum while quietly slinking off to continue playing.

Also, are you sure you want your income to take a hit? Really sure? Because I can guarantee you that in a battle like this Blizzard will come out on top.

Lol a bottom tier streamer?
Oh lord I don't want to brag but lets just say I'm making quite a nice living , receive many gifts and I'm halfway in donations to a nvidia 2800 card.
I will take a hit not streaming wow but if I believe in my beliefs and take a stand others will follow.
Please never call me a low level streamer I'm quite popular.

I didn't call you low level. I called you bottom tier. If you are so popular, how come no one here has heard of you? Could it be because you are bottom tier? It's because you're bottom tier.

You still won't stop, you're just throwing a tantrum so you and all of your other bottom tier streamer friends briefly feel important.

#bottomtierstreamersunite.
I, too, am a human bean.
08/23/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Ameghan
08/23/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Akasia
...https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/8/22/17770068/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-scaling-gear

Sorry, that was poor wording on my part. What I meant was that I haven't experienced anything like the issues people have described, so I have difficulty understanding why people are feeling the way they do.

Its because 3 weeks ago they were wrecking world quests mobs with two swings. (after a year and a half of gearing) Now they have to put some time into it. Its unacceptable. :-D)))
08/23/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Byucknah

Growing stronger is not a 0 or 1 situation of "0" not being stronger and "1" being stronger.

There is room for exponential growth where a fresh 120 in iLvL 295 may take 30 seconds to kill a single enemy while a 340 can do it in 20 seconds. That is still growth no matter how you look at it. And considering its only the second week and come September people will start working towards that big old 400 ilvl... What are you honestly expecting from week 2 of the expansion?

There are ways to express character growth outside of "Can I or can't I one shot this thing?" It can be a gradient of growth instead of large jumps, with the gradient becoming far more apparent in later patch cycles.

Its literally the second week of the game, you shouldn't be expecting to one shot anything. Like I said above though, I agree that the scaling may need some tuning right now though.

What a copout.

hey guys It's only the second week

hey guys it's only pre-patch

hey guys it's only beta

I think some can be forgiven for being a bit miffed that the game they paid for (in full) is being given to them in small doses over several years. That whole, "you'll get stronger just not right now" crap is the lowest form of sleaziness.
08/23/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Vaeana
08/23/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Clinkerbell

Lol a bottom tier streamer?
Oh lord I don't want to brag but lets just say I'm making quite a nice living , receive many gifts and I'm halfway in donations to a nvidia 2800 card.
I will take a hit not streaming wow but if I believe in my beliefs and take a stand others will follow.
Please never call me a low level streamer I'm quite popular.

I didn't call you low level. I called you bottom tier. If you are so popular, how come no one here has heard of you? Could it be because you are bottom tier? It's because you're bottom tier.

You still won't stop, you're just throwing a tantrum so you and all of your other bottom tier streamer friends briefly feel important.

#bottomtierstreamersunite.

I think there is a level below bottom tier..like gutter tier or something, you are giving it too much credit.
Good, one thing this game can do with less of is you self entitled streamers and you tubers. The game was fine for years with out and losing some of you won't hurt it one bit.
08/23/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Ephrael
What a copout.

hey guys It's only the second week

hey guys it's only pre-patch

hey guys it's only beta

I think some can be forgiven for being a bit miffed that the game they paid for (in full) is being given to them in small doses over several years. That whole, "you'll get stronger just not right now" crap is the lowest form of sleaziness.

Know whats funny, is that I have said several times that I agree that the scaling is off and it needs to be tuned and yall seem to be ignoring that part completely just to keep an argument with me up.

I'm with yall, the scaling isn't tuned properly(in my opinion) and feels rough right now. On live, right now, it feels bad man. I never disagreed with any of you on that, I merely explained that in the grand scheme of things it has a purpose. For right now though its not tuned right in my opinion. Goodness.

:S
08/23/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Sven
Narcissism aside, I agree with the sentiment. I hate mob scaling in all games as it takes the fun out of leveling/gearing up.

Some of the most satisfaction I've ever had in RPG's is going back and owning mobs I struggled against at the lower levels.

All scaling does is take away any sense of progression.

So much this! Get rid of scaling all together!
The grammar in this post alone is enough to make me lose faith in humanity. Also, this is why I don't play with females.
08/23/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Tylantan
08/23/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Sven
Narcissism aside, I agree with the sentiment. I hate mob scaling in all games as it takes the fun out of leveling/gearing up.

Some of the most satisfaction I've ever had in RPG's is going back and owning mobs I struggled against at the lower levels.

All scaling does is take away any sense of progression.

So much this! Get rid of scaling all together!

Scaling was well intended, but it really isn't working.

Know whats funny, is that I have said several times that I agree that the scaling is off and it needs to be tuned and yall seem to be ignoring that part completely just to keep an argument with me up.

I'm with yall, the scaling isn't tuned properly(in my opinion) and feels rough right now. On live, right now, it feels bad man. I never disagreed with any of you on that, I merely explained that in the grand scheme of things it has a purpose. For right now though its not tuned right in my opinion. Goodness.

:S

Excuse me?

08/23/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Byucknah
What are you honestly expecting from week 2 of the expansion?

I'm expecting to get the game I paid full price for.
08/23/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Krypollo
08/23/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Aetherious
I'm male gay and a furry, with no followers and no one gives a crap about me, if i can solo stuff with NO issues what so ever i'm sure others can too.
You are the result of a failed marxist science experiment is what you are.

Leave Groucho and the boys out of this, okay?
08/23/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
I'm a female gamer , a guild gm and a twitch streamer with a decent following

While I agee with you that the streaming sucks, none of these things you listed makes your opinion any more valid than someone else. They are irrelevent.
Yes please, never do this crap again.
08/23/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Nyhlia
I, too, am a human bean.

Do you come with a nice bottle of Chianti?
08/23/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Normercy
08/23/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
I'm a female gamer , a guild gm and a twitch streamer with a decent following.
Remove the ill scaling or I'm no longer supporting this game.
Take your scaling garbage to the bank grandma and lock it away with grandpas shorts.
As a dps and a healer this is pure garbage.
I and other streamers are currently working on a wow boycott that we plan on implementation soon.
We all are human beans with jobs and a life , we don't have time to waist on your false time sinks.
You've been warned ahead of time.

:-D)))

This is comedy gold.

I know. :-)

Just because she spews gas doesn't mean the rest of us are human beans too.
08/23/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Akasia
You and others streamers. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sounds serious... hahaha
08/23/2018 04:12 AMPosted by ßîtshîft

That's an interesting interpretation.

And deadly accurate.

Might wanna take some time today to look into the mirror.

I can probably guess your age within 5 years.... 26?

Nailed it huh?
you just said the average age of gamers an added +-5...

you had like a 85% of being correct.
Qualifying your statement with "I'm a female gamer" is at best a non sequitur and at worst a completely loaded statement trying to sound important when you aren't.

Nobody cares that you're an eceleb, your opinion isn't more important, you look like an absolute fool by starting your post that way.