Remove ilvl scaling and NEVER bring it back

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
08/23/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
Remove the ill scaling or I'm no longer supporting this game.

Keep it and take it to the next level. Levels are an archaic hold over from tabletop RPGs, and are unnecessary in a video game like WoW, which is essentially a "theme park" for action based content. Players should be able to go anywhere into the current expansion with their appropriately geared character and find fun and challenging content to participate in.
08/23/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Caelin
Good, one thing this game can do with less of is you self entitled streamers and you tubers. The game was fine for years with out and losing some of you won't hurt it one bit.

I beg to differ , a twitch boycott will hit Blizzard in the pocketbooks.
Streamers help keep older games alive and in public view , we bring attention to games , please don't underestimate streamers.
I'm in the top 25% of streamers , Overwatch is my main game but I loved wow up until the scaling.
The worst thing Blizzard can do is underestimate streamers and to a previous reply , whether I'm a millennial or not dosent matter.
08/23/2018 05:05 AMPosted by Ephrael
Excuse me?

You are excused.

08/23/2018 05:05 AMPosted by Ephrael
I'm expecting to get the game I paid full price for.

What exactly are you not getting, what is it that you feel entitled to? To be able to 1 shot current content enemies in the 2nd week of an expansion launch for an MMORPG?
Remove the ill scaling or I'm no longer supporting this game.

Right, ultimatums require leverage to which you have none. No one cares about your gender or any of that other nonsense you filled that post with.

iIvl scaling is fine and has been fine since it was added. You can either adapt or move on.
08/23/2018 04:59 AMPosted by Byucknah
Know whats funny, is that I have said several times that I agree that the scaling is off and it needs to be tuned and yall seem to be ignoring that part completely just to keep an argument with me up.

And I've said that the tuning is irrelevant when the entire point of the scaling is to drag out content that became boring a year ago. Rather than create a stable ladder of difficulty for progression, where you meet a challenge, overcome the challenge, and proceed to the next challenge the design philosophy is to keep moving the rungs of that ladder while putting nothing at the top. That is horrid design.

ilevel scaling is a bad, lazy mechanic that has been tried in other games and has failed in every instance. It has nothing to do with being "good for the game", it has to do with dragging out bland, boring content. What would be good for the game is realizing that outdated content IS outdated and providing a variety of newer, more difficult content to replace it instead of rehashing the same boring garbage that people are sick to death of.

I have yet to hear an argument telling me why ilevel scaling is superior to providing new, more challenging content but am eager to hear it.
08/23/2018 04:55 AMPosted by Ephrael
08/23/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Byucknah

Growing stronger is not a 0 or 1 situation of "0" not being stronger and "1" being stronger.

There is room for exponential growth where a fresh 120 in iLvL 295 may take 30 seconds to kill a single enemy while a 340 can do it in 20 seconds. That is still growth no matter how you look at it. And considering its only the second week and come September people will start working towards that big old 400 ilvl... What are you honestly expecting from week 2 of the expansion?

There are ways to express character growth outside of "Can I or can't I one shot this thing?" It can be a gradient of growth instead of large jumps, with the gradient becoming far more apparent in later patch cycles.

Its literally the second week of the game, you shouldn't be expecting to one shot anything. Like I said above though, I agree that the scaling may need some tuning right now though.

What a copout.

hey guys It's only the second week

hey guys it's only pre-patch

hey guys it's only beta

I think some can be forgiven for being a bit miffed that the game they paid for (in full) is being given to them in small doses over several years. That whole, "you'll get stronger just not right now" crap is the lowest form of sleaziness.

It was a fair point though.
One shouldn't outgear content to the degree that it becomes faceroll in weeks

And has they said multiple times, they agreed it needs tuned..just not to a point where you start one shotting everything
Esp when that content is still current (as all of this is at only 2 weeks in)
08/23/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
Good, one thing this game can do with less of is you self entitled streamers and you tubers. The game was fine for years with out and losing some of you won't hurt it one bit.

Streamers help keep older games alive and in public view , we bring attention to games , please don't underestimate streamers.
I'm in the top 25% of streamers , Overwatch is my main game but I loved wow up until the scaling.
The worst thing Blizzard can do is underestimate streamers and to a previous reply , whether I'm a millennial or not dosent matter.

Taking your ball and going home has never been an idiom that looked positivity on the child in question.
Do you honestly think you are meaningful to blizzard?
Darling this "threatening" is nothing but a child trowing a tantrum.
If you were important to blizzard you would use other methods to communicate with them and not this one.

You may have a couple of followers... But don't you think that you are THAT famous or important
human beans
08/23/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Talvea
OH DARN blizz lost like 100 people out of millions they care so much!
Btw im a transgender !@#$%^ artist with a furry fetish
Being a furry and having a furry fetish isnt the same thing.

One means your attracted to antropormorphic animials.

And the other means you are attracted to people who have an attraction to said animals.

^-^
If I may offer some constructive feedback to the possible Blizzard person(s) that may be skimming through this thread...

I am a non-raiding type player.

Right now, I feel that level 120 mobs are overtuned and I feel the whole leveling processing between 110-120 needs to be examined. When I stepped out into Zuldazar at 110, I was destroying mobs left and right. It was actually very surprising as I remembered in Legion feeling very weak at 100.

At about 116, 117 I started to feel much weaker. Mobs were hitting harder, and I wasn't hitting as hard.

As 120, it's like the whole game reversed itself. Suddenly I was very weak and the enemies around me much stronger.

I went to AH and spent a *lot* of money buying gear to kick me up to a little over 300. Mobs were a little bit easier but only a little bit. The days of me destroying Elite mobs Fury specced are gone unless I have every cooldown available. This does not feel good to me, I feel MUCH weaker at 120 than I did at 110-115 adventuring out in the world.

Consider: I'm leveling my Alliance DK alt through the Kul Tiras content and I'm seriously considering stopping him at 115 because, really, what's waiting for me? WQ//item grinds with overtuned mobs? Why would I want to subject myself to that than just stop at 115 and play through the storyline quests as far as I can while my character still feels really powerful?

I totally get why you're trying this out, and I'm fine with dungeon difficulty being what it is (this is normal for every expansion, dungeons always start off really difficult and get easier as the expansion continues) but I feel the WQ and overworld mobs really ought to be looked at and until it is, I'm really not sure I want to play any other character past 115.
08/23/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Heilot
Do you honestly think you are meaningful to blizzard?
Darling this "threatening" is nothing but a child trowing a tantrum.
If you were important to blizzard you would use other methods to communicate with them and not this one.

You may have a couple of followers... But don't you think that you are THAT famous or important

No she is big time. She has made half the price of 1200 dollar graphics card. Guys, that's 600 whole dollars. 600!!!! That's big time folding money.
+1
08/23/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Byucknah
What exactly are you not getting,

Everything that is gated or not released.

Streamers aren't what keeps WoW relevant.
WoW regardless of it's age is just extremely well known and popular, even with it waning it isn't the "streamers" doing anything for it

Youtubers have a bigger impact than streamers in keeping old games alive, and even then it is minimal
The only time there is a major impact is when it is a small indie title that basically no one has even heard of
08/23/2018 04:48 AMPosted by Byucknah
08/23/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Renztok
I think the real issue here is people want to smash the world content stuff so bad because it is just boring. We only do WQ to get rep so we can continue some of the story or unlock races---not because we enjoy doing it.

Or we need azerite so we can unlock our armor skills in order to provide SOMETHING new in terms of how we play our classes. And I am being quite generous with that-considering they are just passives.

I mean, I guess I can get that. That's fair to be honest. I can understand the desire just to get through faster. Personally I am not of that camp, but I get it with stuff like iLvL upgrades and quests locked behind the reps.

08/23/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Krypollo
He's tearing up as he's writing this because he knows its a lie.

Sounds like some pretty hefty self imposing if you ask me. Its okay to be frustrated and upset, friend :)
You're right it is okay! Thanks!
08/23/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Ephrael
08/23/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Byucknah
What exactly are you not getting,

So literally the thing you've been denied every expansion?
08/23/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Hallinar
08/23/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Ephrael

So literally the thing you've been denied every expansion?

I missed that bit in Cata where I had to wait to make a Worgen or a goblin...

Or that bit in MoP where I had to wait to make a pandaren ...
The only thing the OP is streaming is tears. At how horrible they are when put up against mobs that dont melt when you fight them.

120 here. No issues with scaling. Sounds like a user error to me

Learn 2 play.
08/23/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Diro

Taking your ball and going home has never been an idiom that looked positivity on the child in question.

Acting like an arrogant narcissist who can't cope with someone having a different opinion has always looked poorly as well. In fact, much much worse.