Remove ilvl scaling and NEVER bring it back

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
08/23/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Suntide
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Lol a bottom tier streamer?
Oh lord I don't want to brag but lets just say I'm making quite a nice living , receive many gifts and I'm halfway in donations to a nvidia 2800 card.
I will take a hit not streaming wow but if I believe in my beliefs and take a stand others will follow.
Please never call me a low level streamer I'm quite popular.

If you have to brag about the stuff you get you are indeed a low-level streaming.

Streamer? By streamer you mean people that watch other people play VIDEO GAMES?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I fear for the future.
Now, I'm not a scientist, but I'm pretty sure the OP is being facetious.
08/23/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
Remove the ill scaling or I'm no longer supporting this game.

Keep it and take it to the next level. Levels are an archaic hold over from tabletop RPGs, and are unnecessary in a video game like WoW,

This is the key part.

Levels actually still are incredibly important as it reflects your characters strength and your experience with it. It's supposed to signify how advanced, powerful, smart etc your character has become. Take a 10th degree black belt Jiu-Jitsu master, he could easily dispatch foes laughing with one arm behind his back. His level is VERY HIGH. Or the worlds best swordsman who even with a small branch can best any warrior he faces. This is what your level is supposed to mean.

The problem here in WoW, btw I agree with you in WoW levels are arbitrary, is that they serve no purpose. Mobs scale level with you which means you cannot have a level advantage over mobs anymore. Now with ilevel scaling the gear advantage you have against mobs diminishes too. So what can happen here is we will end up with a Massive Multiplayer Online ACTION GAME rather than a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.
08/23/2018 05:34 AMPosted by ßîtshîft
08/23/2018 05:33 AMPosted by Ashnylia
The scaling is so low though. Like for every 10 “power” we gain, they only gain 2.5 “power”.

I mean I can obliterate most things fast or things that the game says I shouldn’t be able to do.

I hit ilvl 315 on my rogue and it felt like I dropped 10 levels. The difference was that immense.

I haven't been able to login much since. It just simply isn't fun going backwards.

And STILL waiting on a weapon to drop. I haven't even seen a single weapon drop for *ANYONE* in probably 100 dungeons runs between my warlock and rogue.

Do have to wonder if this is part of the problem though
Weapon drops seem...scarce

They may have botched the weapon damage scaling for some (most) classes and ended up in a situation where the stat and damage difference is slowing dragging people down

Or meant weapons to be common enough drops that it was a non issue
08/23/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
08/23/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Vaeana

No she is big time. She has made half the price of 1200 dollar graphics card. Guys, that's 600 whole dollars. 600!!!! That's big time folding money.

Lol its a little more than that sweaty.
Marriage proposals , offered a car , computers , money , pets , hair extensions.
This post isn't about me its about ilvl scaling I'm simply mentioning a boycott that's about to take place soon if Blizzard doesn't fix what's broken.

I'm not sweaty at all.

You do realize Blizzard won't feel this boycott in the slightest? Only your sad, lonely, neckbeard whales will.

Why would someone offer you pets? That's just stupid...and weird. Why are you proud of that?
08/23/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Archona
Get rid of scaling in general, imo.

This i would support - zone scaling is far far worse than ilvl scaling imo.
08/23/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Ephrael
08/23/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Byucknah
What exactly are you not getting,

Everything that is gated or not released.

Sooooo, your complaint isn't even related to iLvL scaling as is the focus of this thread then?

You do know that this is an MMORPG, emphasis on the RPG, and that the entire backbone of an RPG is built upon personal growth and gating and has always been that way since the beginning of most RPGs. The only thing that has changed over time is the format of gating.

Literally none of the gating is new to WoW or MMO's in general, heck WoW is probably one of the most liberal of MMO's when it comes to gating stuff like this. Grinds have ALWAYS existed since the start.

Who remembers Hydraxian Water Lords and MC gating for Rag?

How unfair was it that you didn't get to kill rag on day 1 of MC? That it took players weeks of farming, if not more, just to be able to unlock the last boss of the very first WoW raid? That there were reps you had to grind out just to unlock recipes, quests, equipment, ect?

That kind of gating has existed since day 1 of WoW and has gotten nothing but easier and more time efficient since then.

If you are talking about Warfronts, Raids, M+, and PvP seasons being staggered however, how would that be any different from a player instead requiring an attunement that takes 4 weeks to unlock? Something along the lines of the BT attunement. The raid came out, still needed the attunement so are you being denied content?

Yeah, I can see how it could be perceived as arbitrary but it allows players, most of which have lives outside of this game, a chance to get ready for the content. Get gear, work on reps, professions, ect.

There is more than enough to do in this game, far more than any average person could do in a single day...

08/23/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Ephrael
I missed that bit in Cata where I had to wait to make a Worgen or a goblin...

Or that bit in MoP where I had to wait to make a pandaren ...

Or that bit where Allied Races =/= Normal Races, just like how Hero Classes =/= Normal Classes.
08/23/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Resherin
Idk why everyone else is complaining because this scaling sucks worse for us priests than anybody else. We are the slowest leveling/questing class in the game and takes us forever to kill anything. Shadow can't even survive mobs so their dps is out of the question. I'm 338 disc priest and it takes forever to do world quests it absolutely sucks with scaling due to no AoE dps. I'm forced to have warmode on otherwise my dps is so trash it would take even longer. On top of killing things slow I am also forced to PvP every alliance in my path doing WQ in Kul Tiras and sometimes getting jumped by groups. The only work around for me is to team up with somebody to kill the mobs faster. At least I can offer a +15% dps increase and heals to whoever I team up with but it sucks that I can't really do anything solo in a timely manner. I literally logon everyday and I look at all the WQ for the day and it makes me just wanna log out and go play something else. But we all know that we are gated behind content if we don't do these chores so we do them anyway. I literally need a few beers and music to get through the few hours of daily world quests.

To be fair that’s because shadow priests are messed up at the moment, and nothing to do with scaling.

Like real talk... if I switch to rent I do comparable dps to my friend when he goes shadow priest... and he has 10 ilevels on me.

The state of dps on priests... is bad
The scaling is so low though. Like for every 10 “power” we gain, they only gain 2.5 “power”.

I mean I can obliterate most things fast or things that the game says I shouldn’t be able to do.

I hit ilvl 315 on my rogue and it felt like I dropped 10 levels. The difference was that immense.

I haven't been able to login much since. It just simply isn't fun going backwards.

And STILL waiting on a weapon to drop. I haven't even seen a single weapon drop for *ANYONE* in probably 100 dungeons runs between my warlock and rogue.

That's your personal experience. My guildies are clearing mythics and are all 330-340 iLvL. They've gotten all types of weapons. RNG is RNG.
08/23/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
08/23/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Vaeana
Ultimatums always work with Blizzard.

But I guess if a bottom tier streamer is gonna boycott, they should be worried.

OP, if you are serious, stream yourself deleting everything and uninstalling the game. Otherwise you are just one of many people throwing and "I quit" tantrum while quietly slinking off to continue playing.

Also, are you sure you want your income to take a hit? Really sure? Because I can guarantee you that in a battle like this Blizzard will come out on top.

Lol a bottom tier streamer?
Oh lord I don't want to brag but lets just say I'm making quite a nice living , receive many gifts and I'm halfway in donations to a nvidia 2800 card.
I will take a hit not streaming wow but if I believe in my beliefs and take a stand others will follow.
Please never call me a low level streamer I'm quite popular.

Ummm Nvidia doesn't make a 2800 card. It is a 2080 and you are bragging about an $800 graphics card unless you mean the Ti in which you didn't say but that is only a few hundred dollars more. OOOOOOOOO you are so cool though. You sure seem quite full of yourself yet you don't even know how to spell human "beings" and you are so into gaming you don't even know the correct graphics card.

The fact you need to also make mention you are a female gamer is friggin funny. Who the hell cares if you are male or female? And then you threaten Blizzard? LMAO. Actual popular streamers would post a more constructive post. I hope you get a forum vacation for the threat.

On a side note, the scaling is out of control and definitely needs to be toned down some. Although, some zones seem less affected than others. Like in Drustav I was killing things faster than the WQs in Zandalar.

Yeah, my group has been running heroics and made it through our first three mythics last night. I think out of all of us we've gotten a single weapon drop and a single offhand drop (both in heroic, nothing from mythic yet). I'm still running 290/289 mh/oh.
Just don't be bad. Ok?
08/23/2018 04:06 AMPosted by Ameghan
The self-importance is strong with this one...

Seriously, though - I just hit 120 today and had zero problems with the ilevel scaling. I'm honestly not sure what the issue is.

You are not going to threaten Blizzard into doing what you want.

Im sure it has nothing to do with the scaling not happening until ilvl 300 which you are not.
Sigh another "problem" to complain about. Have yet to run into an issue in world content. Did the mobs get some more health? Sure... But I do WAY more damage now and have much more HP. When I hit 120, I could pull 2 mobs max and had to constantly heal myself to stay alive. Now I regularly pull 5-10 mobs and can burn them all down using my abilities without issue.

Your "problem" is a very minor one.
Having no issues with any content. Scaling felt fine in Legion and it feels fine now.
I get that some people don't like it, and would prefer to faceroll everything in 1 hit. People have different tastes. At the end of the day, it's the developers game and they envisioned it to work this way.

I hope you do what you claim you will do and begin a large scale streamer boycott. Maybe blizz will hear you and do something. Coming into general discussing and posting what seemed to me like a "OR ELSE", is not going to get you anywhere.

If I was looking for a guild, I would 100% run away from yours that's for sure.
Never heard of you but considering you're running around on a supposed female gnome I'm going to assume you're some fat dude and/or cam girl.
08/23/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Ephrael
08/23/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Socra

Cop out? Going into this expansion is like getting back into working out at the gym after getting out of shape. However, people want to be able to lift the largest weights and do the most intense workouts and think they are entitled to that because they used to work out and because they pay a gym membership.

Sorry, bud. You get stronger over time and eventually you'll be doing the things you want. You have to work at it. This isn't a one week process like some entitled people think it should be. If one week was all it took in an MMO to be the strongest, then said MMO would crash and burn because people would get bored QUICK. It's a grind, like an MMO should be. Just like the gym analogy.

Your gym analogy is terrible. It assumes I gave up my membership and stopped going to work out. If my character can't lift large weights it's because the gym owners (blizz) took away the weights and is expecting me to go run on the treadmill until they let people use the weights again. Despite paying for full gym membership.

You misunderstand the analogy then. It doesn't assume you gave up your membership. It assumes that our characters going into a new expansion are out of practice, out of shape, and need to get back into the gym (get gear, azurite, etc.) to defeat certain monsters. Basically, in any new expansion, there is going to be a power shift where our characters go from top of the food chain to close to bottom of the food chain. We go from professional weight lifters to amateurs who can barely lift the bar. Your gym membership doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to lift those weights instantaneously, because ultimately it's up to you to become stronger over time (a character that never gains iLvL and progressively puts in work will never become stronger).
08/23/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Byucknah

Or that bit where Allied Races =/= Normal Races, just like how Hero Classes =/= Normal Classes.

Were the hero classes not made immediately available upon release of their respective expansions?
08/23/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Byucknah
Growing stronger is not a 0 or 1 situation of "0" not being stronger and "1" being stronger.

There is room for exponential growth where a fresh 120 in iLvL 295 may take 30 seconds to kill a single enemy while a 340 can do it in 20 seconds. That is still growth no matter how you look at it. And considering its only the second week and come September people will start working towards that big old 400 ilvl... What are you honestly expecting from week 2 of the expansion?

There are ways to express character growth outside of "Can I or can't I one shot this thing?" It can be a gradient of growth instead of large jumps, with the gradient becoming far more apparent in later patch cycles.

Its literally the second week of the game, you shouldn't be expecting to one shot anything. Like I said above though, I agree that the scaling may need some tuning right now though.

I don't expect to 1 shot everything at the start of an expansion. But at the same time, I don't expect mobs to grow more powerful with the gear that I get.

The whole point of getting stronger is progression. But from 110 - 120, that progression has gone away. And now with gearing, that progression is taken away even further.

Ok, if so, then some tweaks could've been done, but honestly, there could've been better solutions than ilvl scaling. Same goes with the leveling experience and level scaling, there could've been better things done to help people with there leveling experience, but level scaling wasn't the idea.
08/23/2018 05:26 AMPosted by Chelan
I haven't really run into not being able to kill stuff. But if I can take gear off, and it's easier to kill something. Then the system is broken, it's just that simple. Now I know it's not that simple to fix, but they should have made sure it was working before they implemented it.

This sums up my feelings about the current state of the game completely. While I don't have strong feelings about ilv tuning one way or the other, the current in game system is flawed and/or broken. It needs to be fixed ASAP, or people will lose interest.