Remove ilvl scaling and NEVER bring it back

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
troll alert.

But, ilvl scaling.. just another reason modern wow is a shell of its former self.
What I don't like is there is no sense of progress. I actually feel weaker with my current 320ilvl than I did at level 111 - when killing the exact same enemies. Add in that I don't even have any new abilities to show for all that work. That just makes no sense, and the devs haven't even acknowledged it's an issue.

We should progress, not regress. And I shouldn't have to wait until I'm geared in mythic raid gear from the second raid to actually feel stronger than I did when I first stepped into Kul Tiras. It's not "a little overtuned" it's a total mess.
08/23/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Bojanglz
08/23/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Clinkerbell

Lol a bottom tier streamer?
Oh lord I don't want to brag but lets just say I'm making quite a nice living , receive many gifts and I'm halfway in donations to a nvidia 2800 card.
I will take a hit not streaming wow but if I believe in my beliefs and take a stand others will follow.
Please never call me a low level streamer I'm quite popular.

Ummm Nvidia doesn't make a 2800 card. It is a 2080 and you are bragging about an $800 graphics card unless you mean the Ti in which you didn't say but that is only a few hundred dollars more. OOOOOOOOO you are so cool though. You sure seem quite full of yourself yet you don't even know how to spell human "beings" and you are so into gaming you don't even know the correct graphics card.

The fact you need to also make mention you are a female gamer is friggin funny. Who the hell cares if you are male or female? And then you threaten Blizzard? LMAO. Actual popular streamers would post a more constructive post. I hope you get a forum vacation for the threat.

On a side note, the scaling is out of control and definitely needs to be toned down some. Although, some zones seem less affected than others. Like in Drustav I was killing things faster than the WQs in Zandalar.

Somebody is jelly. Big time.
08/23/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Clinkerbell
As a dps and a healer this is pure garbage.

Yeah, unfortunately its not as easy as just removing it. Doing so would cause seemingly minor gear improvements to have dramatic impacts on performance.

Its not there just to be there, its a solution to making the exponential progression curve functional at increasingly high levels.
I'm a female gamer , a guild gm and a twitch streamer with a decent following.
Remove the ill scaling or I'm no longer supporting this game.
Take your scaling garbage to the bank grandma and lock it away with grandpas shorts.
I and other streamers are currently working on a wow boycott that we plan on implementation soon.
We all are human beans with jobs and a life , we don't have time to waist on your false time sinks.
You've been warned ahead of time.

Oh! You're the cutest gnome of all time!!! /hug /love /shy

And yeah, iLvl scaling of mobs is stupid and should go away blizzurd!
08/23/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Ephrael
08/23/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Byucknah

Or that bit where Allied Races =/= Normal Races, just like how Hero Classes =/= Normal Classes.

Were the hero classes not made immediately available upon release of their respective expansions?

And if you didn't meet the requirements to make them - guess what. You had to go back to previous expansions to make that happen.
I'm a female gamer

??
I dont.mind the scaling but they should keep the scaling to like the final zone like in legion with argus. Or places like final zone in Taanan Jungle. But not in the base expansion zones.
Who are you?
OP, I agree with your sentiment but I disagree with your approach.
I'm a female gamer , a guild gm and a twitch streamer with a decent following.
Remove the ill scaling or I'm no longer supporting this game.
Take your scaling garbage to the bank grandma and lock it away with grandpas shorts.
I and other streamers are currently working on a wow boycott that we plan on implementation soon.
We all are human beans with jobs and a life , we don't have time to waist on your false time sinks.
You've been warned ahead of time.

LOL other streamers? Like who? Legit streamers arent boycotting jack. Heres a concept.... put your !@#$ away and actually learn how to play the game then ilvl scaling wont be an issue for you
08/23/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Socra
Your gym membership doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to lift those weights instantaneously, because ultimately it's up to you to become stronger over time (a character that never gains iLvL and progressively puts in work will never become stronger).

No, but my gym membership assumes I at least have ACCESS to those weights.

And, again, with iLvL scaling you aren't getting stronger over time... The MvP posited that we'll get stronger and scaling won't be an issue once we get raid and other content to gear up.

Imagine, again, that you go the gym which you pay full membership for in order to get stronger but the owners don't allow you to use the equipment that you need to get stronger.
Power progression is one of the most fundamental components to the RPG genre and it is entirely dead. Now both gear and levels are relegated to meaningless numbers who's only function is to act as a gate to content. That being said, when scaling was first introduced opponents to scaling said it was a slippery slope and that it would only get worse because it is an easy way manufacture 'difficulty' and extend the life of content artificially. This argument was laughed off but here we are.
I feel that if you really wish to extrapolate a point you should at least assure yourself of correct spelling and grammar.

*Waste
*Experience
Et al...

I am having no trouble at all with my main, am loving soloing, and haven't died yet.
We are always weak in early expansions, have you forgotten, or am I missing something?
I'm a female gamer , a guild gm and a twitch streamer with a decent following."

Is this supposed to mean anything? Streamers are for exhibitionists. That doesn't make them authorities on anything.

"Remove the ill scaling or I'm no longer supporting this game."

Don't think Blizz is worried. I'm certainly not.

"Take your scaling garbage to the bank grandma and lock it away with grandpas shorts."

These words don't mean what I think you think they mean.

"As a dps and a healer this is pure garbage."

You have an opinion. I have an opinion. I happen to think you are wrong. Being 'a streamer' doesn't give your opinion any additional validity, it just means you like people watching you.

"I and other streamers are currently working on a wow boycott that we plan on implementation soon."

It will be just as effective as every other such effort over the last 14 years. Oh wait, WoW is still here. Amazing!

"We all are human beans with jobs and a life , we don't have time to waist on your false time sinks."

Beans and waists? You may have found a dietary cause and effect, but it has no bearing on gaming.

"You've been warned ahead of time.
"

Obviously I'd better run right out and short me some Activision stock - because clearly this warning is the end of the world as we know it. (R.E.M. 1987)
08/23/2018 05:57 AMPosted by ßîtshîft
08/23/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Bojanglz
Ummm Nvidia doesn't make a 2800 card. It is a 2080 and you are bragging about an $800 graphics card unless you mean the Ti in which you didn't say but that is only a few hundred dollars more. OOOOOOOOO you are so cool though. You sure seem quite full of yourself yet you don't even know how to spell human "beings" and you are so into gaming you don't even know the correct graphics card.

The fact you need to also make mention you are a female gamer is friggin funny. Who the hell cares if you are male or female? And then you threaten Blizzard? LMAO. Actual popular streamers would post a more constructive post. I hope you get a forum vacation for the threat.

On a side note, the scaling is out of control and definitely needs to be toned down some. Although, some zones seem less affected than others. Like in Drustav I was killing things faster than the WQs in Zandalar.

Somebody is jelly. Big time.

Yep he is.
Lets stay on topic everyone ilvl scaling will kill this game.
I'm getting some of my fans to come on the forums to post on this topic to add some pressure towards Blizzard.
I think this expansion because of ilvl scaling people will stop doing WQ. I'm already getting picky/selective. There has to be rep/gear I want. Azerite world quest I mainly do the single target kill or group ones.
08/23/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Akasia
08/23/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Aetherious
I'm male gay and a furry, with no followers and no one gives a crap about me, if i can solo stuff with NO issues what so ever i'm sure others can too.
Please never breed.

Or vote, you forgot that.
Were the hero classes not made immediately available upon release of their respective expansions?

And if you didn't meet the requirements to make them - guess what. You had to go back to previous expansions to make that happen.

And those requirements could be completed because there was access to what was needed right away. You didn't have to wait for anything to level up a character to max in order to roll a DK.
There's got to be a way of tuning this down especially in the first part of the expansion. Sure, I get losing power as I level as quest greens become better than my legion gear.

But hitting 120 was a faceplant. And hearing that mobs scale as you gain in ilvl, c'mon man.

If Blizzard is going to do that, maybe make some of that rep gear off of our faction vendors relevant when we can finally purchase it or even the profession gear. Almost always, I'm only buying or making it for transmog.