Remove Deserter from Island Expeditions

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
I queued into the last expedition of the weekly that my warrior needed, just to be paired with two people who were very in love with the idea of running right towards the alliance ship, in two different directions, or just getting themselves outright killed. Because that is an effective waste of my time, I decided to leave and grab guildies and was surprised when I got smacked with a 30m deserter debuff.

This probably shouldn't be a thing, especially at that length. Dungeons I can understand as DPS queues can be outrageously long, but for something where the queue pops in less than a minute for all roles, this is just ridiculous.
On a separate note, I was queued for an Expedition and was kicked after about a minute of play. Granted I was apart from my group as I usually gather up a mob and take them out for multiple points. But I hadn't died and was racking up Azerite. No warning of being kicked, just kicked, and I guarantee I was pulling in the most Azerite. After that I was labeled a deserter. Just doesn't seem right.
Agreed, remove it. I grouped with two people who ran off while I ran to a rare. Then I am removed from the group.

I was 112 on a well geared DK, they were both 115 and not and knowing scaling my dps - even as a tank would crush theirs.

Why kick someone who is actively playing and trying? Seems ridiculous but whatever. But the 30 minute 'deserter' debuff is absurd.

I barely post on the forum even confronted with mind bogglingly stupid things - this is one of them - and I've had to make an exception.
This is so broken. Was ACTIVE in an Island expedition, and was the only person to have killed a rare up to this point leading to a total of ~500 azerite. Without warning kicked from match and received deserter debuff. Biggest crock of doodoo ever
I agree. Island expeditions are the lowest form of group questing I've ever seen in this game. You shouldn't be blocked out of the rest the game trying to escape from them.
I was grouped with two wastes of space from Sargeras a demon hunter and a druid the druid was afk the entire time and the demon hunter never really moved more then twenty feet from the boat so she might as well have been afk also.

Instead of leaving i decide to just kill rares and such and end up getting us to 5800/6000 Points.

I was then kicked by them and got a deserter debuff.

So yeah how !@#$ing stupid is that?
09/27/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Devil
On a separate note, I was queued for an Expedition and was kicked after about a minute of play. Granted I was apart from my group as I usually gather up a mob and take them out for multiple points. But I hadn't died and was racking up Azerite. No warning of being kicked, just kicked, and I guarantee I was pulling in the most Azerite. After that I was labeled a deserter. Just doesn't seem right.
Well maybe the group wanted to get rares instead of mindlessly grabbing every sing mob on the way. Perhaps you should learn from your mistakes.
I never understood in general why you get a deserter debuff for being kicked from a group... Something about insult and injury.